A few problems

Notifications
Clear all

A few problems

Jermster523
(@jermster523)

I understand trying to get serious people for roleplay and that is totally fine, i get it. BUT i think that you should not have to apply, thats dumb. I feel that all ages and kinds of people should all be able to come together and use all of their traits and skills to get to a common goal. Not have to be judged by some kind of admin whether or not they can have a fun time playing some serious roleplay. Because trust me its hard to find a good roleplay server and having to apply is time consuming and stressful. It is also really disheartening if you get rejected or complety  ignored like i was. So its just very annoying and i thought i would voice my opinion. Thank you for taking your time and reading.

Topic starter Posted : 13/12/2017 10:10 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

If there is no regulation on getting into a serious roleplay server, then it'll be no different from the public servers we have open right now, not very serious as you might've seen and vastly different from any kind of experience you'd want from a proper roleplay server. We want to differentiate more invested players from casual players by offering them a place to play with like minds, resulting in a much better experience for everyone. Applying to get into a whitelisted server is standard procedure on pretty much any game (not really any other way to do it).

Could you link your application here? it's possible due to a lot of people applying staff could've missed it, they don't usually flat out ignore posts. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2017 10:53 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

So there is one staff member accepting applications right now and he has high standards so we can get passionate roleplayers through. If you want to get into whitelisted you have to show that passion in your application and actually try. The reason a majority get denied is because they write three unrealistic sentences. You're writing about your character, how they act, how they think, who they are. You have to put in effort to get in and it's for the reasons that Nylex said before. Another thing, I'd like to mention is your application has been out as of 6:28 central American time twenty one hours. Not even a full day, it will take time for your application to get checked and squared away.

I would like to bring attention to is the fact that number one, a majority of all military applications are denied unless it is very, very well written. Number two, your application is, to be candid, pretty bad. It would do you well to look at others applications, people who have gotten accepted and see what they did, and you didn't. There are also plenty of community members that if you're having writer's block, or your grammar is poor that can help you out. Just ask, that's all you need. So be patient, rewrite and take time and effort on making your application and resubmit it, I hope the second time will be your last.

Jermsters application: https://www.unturnedroleplay.com/community/apply-for-whitelist/jermster523s-whitelis-application/

Applications I deem acceptable or better than average: 

1: https://www.unturnedroleplay.com/community/apply-for-whitelist/munkey-funkeys-whitelist-applicationi/

2:  https://www.unturnedroleplay.com/community/apply-for-whitelist/walruss-whitelist-application/

3:  https://www.unturnedroleplay.com/community/apply-for-whitelist/macon-proctor-whitelist-application/

These are just a few, take care and I wish you the best of luck in getting into whitelist!

-P.F.Q

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2017 12:37 am
Şçøŕpïøņ and Rosa reacted
Rosa
 Rosa
(@rosa)
Trusted Member Customer

If everyone was let in, then what would stop everyone from breaking the rules? Human faith is not a good thing to trust. If you haven't noticed yet but the whitelist server is not even open and yet the most popular place on the forums is the "Ban Appeal/KOS Report section". What would stop the server from bringing in those people? What would stop a random guy joining and having no clue what he's doing, running around and speaking solely out of character, shooting everyone he sees? Nothing. I'm very glad that Nylex allows us to receive a whitelisted server, it's very hard to come by now adays. If you don't like that, there are plenty of other serious roleplay servers without a whitelist. I tried those out and it felt very similar to a clown show. But this is just my opinion I guess.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2017 1:47 am
Şçøŕpïøņ
(@scorpion)

if everyone was let into WL it was be just like all the other servers filled with Kos and not fun and there would be none of the RP aspects but if staff only let a selected amount of people in WL it won't end up like chern etc...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2017 1:17 pm
Jermster523
(@jermster523)
Jermster523
(@jermster523)

My backstory may be terrible but does that mean im not a good roleplayer? Sure i may not be the best at coming up with a lengthy story with great detail but that DOES NOT take away from the fact that i am VERY passionate about roleplaying. You should be taking people based on their ability to do the task you are looking for people to do, not their ability to write a story. That is very ridiculous.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/12/2017 2:01 am
Jermster523
(@jermster523)

But i am not a clown who will run around, speak out of character, and shoot everyone i see. So why should i have to be stuck with a group who will do that? I am sure that many other people will agree, others like me who were rejected or ignored. Take people in and see their ability to roleplay not, like i said in another post, their ability to write a story.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/12/2017 2:12 am
The Friendly HitMan :D
(@adazahunt)
Honorable Member

If you really are passionate about going to whitelist put effort on your character background and information when I saw your whitelist, I'm sorry to say but I would even deny it hope you have read the thread Nylex made on how to apply and you understand what it means.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2017 6:28 am
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member
Posted by: Jermster523

But i am not a clown who will run around, speak out of character, and shoot everyone i see. So why should i have to be stuck with a group who will do that? I am sure that many other people will agree, others like me who were rejected or ignored. Take people in and see their ability to roleplay not, like i said in another post, their ability to write a story.

Roleplay is all about creating a story and playing a character. It's being a living breathing part of that story, so your ability to write one does somewhat reflect your ability to roleplay. If you can't spend forty minutes on a story, which by the way, I said that I and many other members of the community would be more than willing to help you with. Then you shouldn't get in, it shows that you arn't passionate enough to try to make a story. If we see definite effort on your part, then you will be accepted. Your application wasn't completely thrown out the window, I already told you there's only ONE staff member accepting applications and he can't do it twenty four seven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2017 2:25 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Roleplay is all about creating a story and playing a character. It's being a living breathing part of that story, so your ability to write one does somewhat reflect your ability to roleplay. If you can't spend forty minutes on a story, which by the way, I said that I and many other members of the community would be more than willing to help you with. Then you shouldn't get in, it shows that you arn't passionate enough to try to make a story. If we see definite effort on your part, then you will be accepted. Your application wasn't completely thrown out the window, I already told you there's only ONE staff member accepting applications and he can't do it twenty four seven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2017 2:25 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

I also hate double posting but I'd like to throw this in here as well. I don't want you or anyone else thinking there is some false wall between you and whitelist. Literally, and I mean literally, anyone can get in, it all comes down to how much effort you're willing to put in. You don't have to have a fantastic story, the creme de la creme, but you have to show effort. If you put in effort, you will get in, it's as simple as that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2017 2:57 pm
agent320
(@agent320)
Eminent Member Customer

My backstory may be terrible but does that mean im not a good roleplayer? Sure i may not be the best at coming up with a lengthy story with great detail but that DOES NOT take away from the fact that i am VERY passionate about roleplaying. You should be taking people based on their ability to do the task you are looking for people to do, not their ability to write a story. That is very ridiculous.

How are you supposed to roleplay when you dont even have a real role to play. Also, please tell me how staff is supposed to tell that you are passionate about roleplaying when you are apparently too lazy to spend an hour or two to write down an extensive character background.

Or is staff supposed to accept anyone with any backstory that says "I am passionate about roleplaying"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2017 4:37 pm
Share: