Clear all

JLW Staff APP 6.0

Jack
 Jack
(@jack-22)
Eminent Member

What is your username on Discord: JLW35412

Link to your Steam profile: Steam Profile

Tell us about yourself: I am a junior (17yrs old) in high school in Florida. I believe in being a good person, treatting others nicely, and thinking through things carefully. I like to laugh but I can also be serious and make sure rules are followed when needed. One thing about me is that I always try to see the good side of things. Whether it's  cracking a joke or dealing with a serious situation I aim to bring a positive  vibe.  I try my best to be considerate to people who may not know something and try my best to put my self in there shoes. 

Why should we consider you to be a staff member for our network?
Over time,  I've become well versed in the servers rules, ensuring fair play and a positive environment. I've also observed an increased number of instances involving rule breaking and exploitation that I'm determined to help addres, and help contribute to  a cleaner and more enjoyable server for everyone.

One unique aspect  I bring to the table is my ties to the "underground community" of the server. This allows me to offer a unique perspective  that equips me to understand the motivations behind certain behaviors, facilitating a more effective resolution of issues. Furthermore,  I know my conections will help efiviently identify and address exploiters. I'm committed to using my connections to help clean up the server, and I believe that as a member  of the moderation team, I will be more effectively able to contribute to this effort.

Additionally, I've noticed a  staffing gap, especially during the North American/Eastern  time zone. I'm often online during these hours and see an opportunity to actively contribute to the moderation team, ensuring a consistent and supportive presence for players. I believe strengthening the team during these hours can significantly enhance the overall experience for  players.

Moreover, even when staff are on, some of them are reluctant or unwilling to assist players. However, I am very eager to get the chance to enhance the player's experience!  Rest assured, no matter how trivial the problem is, I will always respond eagerly and quickly.

Communication is a vital part of successful moderation, and I feel it's a strength I bring to the table. I pride myself on being a good communicator, adept at explaining rules to new players and addressing concerns with those who may not be following them. Clear and friendly comunication is key to fostering a positive community.

In summary, my extended history with the server, comprehensive understanding of the rules, my connections to the "underground community" comitment to fair play, availability during key hours, eagerness to help players and strong communication skills, I believe, make me well-qualified to join the moderation team!  I'm excited about the opportunity to contribute positively to the server's atmosphere and maintain its high standards.

What is your region? (North America, Europe, etc.): North America ( EST)

Do you have recording software that works?   Yes

How many hours a week can you moderate the servers? (Pick between >1 to 10+): I can dedicate more than 10+ hours per week to moderating.

When did you start playing on our Unturned servers? (roughly):  I first started playing around 4 years ago, but only really got into it about 1 year ago

When did you join the Nylex Discord server? August 16,  2019 (rejoined due to false ban)

Have you moderated Unturned/Discord servers before? Yes, I've gained experience in moderating Unturned servers, primarily with friends. While I'm familiar with basic commands, I may need guidance on the specific plugins and commands used on your server. Rest assured, I'm a quick learner! Additionally,  I've served as a moderator in Discord servers, some of which had over 2k members.

Additional Notes:   I have dedicated around 1.9k hours to playing Unturned.

Addressing my past bans:

Ban 1 - FRP: When  I first returned to the server after a long break, I wasn't paying much attention to the rules. I wasn't familiar with them and to be honest, I didn't really care.

Ban 2 - Wipe/Plea deal/Vouching for teammates: I take responsibility for my mistake in this ban. I invited some people who ended up exploiting the game, and I didn't keep a close eye on them. Consequently, I was banned and wiped to ensure I wasn't holding onto any money or unobs from their exploits. I've learned from this experience and have changed my approach. Now, I select teammates more carefully and closely monitor their actions. I want to ensure the game is fair and enjoyable for everyone.

Ban 3 - Discord False Ban/warn:  I faced a Discord ban due to a misunderstanding of what I said. The person I was talking to didn't want me banned, as they agreed I didn't do anything wrong (had a normal conversation) Unfortunately, I got caught up in the actions of a larger group resulting in a ban. After some quick explanations, I was unbanned. I've learned from this, emphasizing the importance of clearly expressing my intentions to avoid any future misunderstandings. View ban here

Summary- Over the past few months, I have proven my worth by bringing important issues to the attention of the staff so that they can be dealt with quickly and efficiently, ensuring that the server remains balanced and fair for everyone.

Topic starter Posted : 21/12/2023 8:58 pm
Todes21
(@todes21)

+ Rep 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/12/2023 10:00 pm
realstarring
(@realstarring)
Trusted Member

+rep we need more staff that actually arent lazy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2024 9:19 pm