Make servers rp aga...

Notifications
Clear all

Make servers rp again!

Page 2 / 3
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Haha more awesome suggestions, you're full of 'em!

PVP events are cool however a lot of players seem to fail to follow the simple rules of no KOS unless at a feast etc. I think a KOS allowed area would be fine atm, on the whitelisted servers a purge could be a cool idea though since more players will be rule abiding on there. Town hall of factions would be nice:D

I'm really not sure about vote kick though, it would work but would also be abused. Also I never even knew /stats was a thing lol, thanks for letting me know:P

about the loot spawns, in the config of the server you can't do anything about the spawns of specific items. But, there is most likely a plugin for that so I'll keep my eyes open for one that disables spawn points or something. I'd be happy to increase structure health even more:)

I agree with how the servers should feel, like a sort of Walking Dead experience.

I'm also happy to change maps, Canada is fairly popular at times though, and is the 1st ever server we launched, Canada is also the map I played in most of my iconic videos, I don't wana get rid of it;) But for the rest, sure!:D

I've been speaking to Lyhme about another dedi machine so we can open up double the amount of servers :O

After I've completed my next video I'm going to begin major overhaul on these servers, implementing most of your suggestions. Looking forward for it, and cheers for the input!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2017 8:53 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Fuck yes!!!! 

Thanks for your time nylex! Always glad to help in any ways. Good luck. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2017 9:08 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

+1 Most of these are achieved through whitelisting alone.

Most of these I have discussed with several people. Also I will volunteer with building SZ's. But ughhhhh, You know I spend 3 days just on the floor planning, Laying down floors all the way from a mountain towards the spot I wanted to build at, and when it look shitty. I had to do it all over again. I still vote for a Builder role. Basically a role with buildmode. Because ugh! placeing odd levels, off shapes is such a chore when it's not in buildmode.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2017 4:12 am
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer
Posted by: Nylex

Haha more awesome suggestions, you're full of 'em!

PVP events are cool however a lot of players seem to fail to follow the simple rules of no KOS unless at a feast etc. I think a KOS allowed area would be fine atm, on the whitelisted servers a purge could be a cool idea though since more players will be rule abiding on there. Town hall of factions would be nice:D

I'm really not sure about vote kick though, it would work but would also be abused. Also I never even knew /stats was a thing lol, thanks for letting me know:P

about the loot spawns, in the config of the server you can't do anything about the spawns of specific items. But, there is most likely a plugin for that so I'll keep my eyes open for one that disables spawn points or something. I'd be happy to increase structure health even more:)

I agree with how the servers should feel, like a sort of Walking Dead experience.

I'm also happy to change maps, Canada is fairly popular at times though, and is the 1st ever server we launched, Canada is also the map I played in most of my iconic videos, I don't wana get rid of it;) But for the rest, sure!:D

I've been speaking to Lyhme about another dedi machine so we can open up double the amount of servers :O

After I've completed my next video I'm going to begin major overhaul on these servers, implementing most of your suggestions. Looking forward for it, and cheers for the input!

Maybe an Idea to spread out the servers on several machines? It seems that that is one of the causes of the Ping and some FPS issues and from my understanding, all servers are on one host/machine.

Sorry for the double post but I am ready to get in bed 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2017 4:14 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

The reason some servers have high ping is just because of the high amount of buildables and plugins. If I were to wipe a server with high ping, the ping would go down to about 30 (for EU players).

The machine that runs the servers is capable of running quite a lot from it, though I'm still looking into getting a 2nd one just so we can host even more lol.

Another reason for high latency is just because players are connecting from the other side of the world. The servers are hosted in France, so someone from USA might experience high ping. 

FPS issues are completely client-side though, just depends how good your pc is and how many things it has to render 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2017 3:19 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

300 ping from asia ._.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2017 5:34 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

31. Why don't popular kosers and rule breakers get them self a free 'wanted' poster put around the map/sz by the staff? Would be cool to see people treat them as a bandit and maybe kill them and turn them in by sending a screenshot or something and claim their reward from the safe zone head/mayor. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/05/2017 9:26 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

haha that would be very cool however players wouldn't RP in that aspect, if they don't respect the servers enough to straight KOS people, as soon as a wanted poster is put up they'll change their appearance and name and everything. Sucks but maybe it'll work on whitelisted servers, that's a cool idea 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2017 5:25 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Nylex, would it be possible to edit the maps you have and then let the server use them instead? Like you take the original chernaurus map and edit it in the map editor. And upload it to workshop. Then let the server use that. Like RoboKast did. It might be a lot of hassle. But the possibilities are endless. You can make safe zones using the safe zone node. You can build safe zones with actual broken buildings and stuff. You can edit terrain. Add new location, change locations, add dead ones and secret locations, darkness effects etc. You will need the permission of the original map creator though obviously.. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/05/2017 8:55 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I can although EZ is constantly updating Chernarus and adding some really cool things to it. Plus he's a bit iffy about people re-uploading his map. If the server is running a different version of Chernarus, It won't show up in search results when players try find a server running the default Chernarus. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2017 4:29 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Why are you focusing on chernaurus? Just because it is the most popular one doesn't mean you should prioritize it dude. If it's popular, focus on others. Distribute the popularity. 

It would be cool to see some edited versions of maps that aren't much in use or are easy to edit without having to argue with the creator,lkke Brunswick, Canada, etc. 

Like the possibilities are truly endless! It's like creating a map truly shaped for rp except most of the work is done and the ppl are already familiar with it. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/06/2017 1:11 am
B001ean reacted
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

"would it be possible to edit the maps you have and then let the server use them instead? Like you take the original chernaurus map and edit it in the map editor"
I'm answering your question about Chernarus.

The Chernarus server is only popular because my last video was on there, If it was any different server, that would be popular too:P

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2017 5:16 pm
B001ean reacted
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

32. There should really be a message from the server that tells you when a feast/vehicle event is over. So that people can't kill others and trick them into saying that it was feast, when I  reality the feast was like 5 mins ago.

33. One way to solve the lack of staff problem would be to make respected and active forum members / discord members staff, only for the respected platform,it doesn't have to be ingame staff. However that is a +1.

33. Some events should be held. Some staff members should lead a group of people and setup a temporary camp somewhere with discounted supplies, sometimes they can set up a roadblock and block off a loot location. It would keep the rp healthy and encourage players to form more ideas.

Kek

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/06/2017 10:09 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I disagree with a server message telling players when a feast is over, there shouldn't be a specific point at when its over. When the battle is over, the feast is over. Imagine mid-battle a server message pops up "feast is now over" and then the people of the battle just drop their gear and walk away lol. 

I think the number of staff for the forums and discord is fine. The way we do things is we make people staff for all platforms though

Those RP style events sound really cool.. May have to do a few of those 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2017 3:54 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

I agree with what you said about the feasts, nylex. But you do realize that people are getting kosed because "it was a feast" when it was really like 5mins ago.. I've seen a lot of times where people just camp with snipers for literally several minutes, and the victim cannot even defend his case as there is no official warning that it is over. There should be some mechanic for this.. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/06/2017 11:39 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: