Notifications
Clear all

Make servers rp again!

Page 1 / 3
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Greetings, im Mr.rawr

Hear out my ideas on how to make the servers less kos and rage, and more rp and fun! 

1. Let me begin by saying that the option to tpa is not ideal for rp. It would be a lot more fun if we had to travel through the map and meet with the rest of the gang, I know the frustration if you traveled halfway and died. But tpa is abused a lot and really takes away the fun away, there should either be limited uses for tpa per day or very long CD like 1hr.

2. Removal of unnecessary mods is required, I need only spend only 20 minutes after joining a server and I can get high tier loot, the spawn tables are imbalanced and with so many mods there is no sense of pricing, Rarity and use. There are so many guns that are unrealistic and useless. Better to use vanilla guns and realistic gun and armor. There are so many backpacks that give you a ****ton of space, backpacks and high tier guns should be very rare to find. It will greatly help the economy and respect for stuff.

3.i get that there should be a safe zone, but most players literally spend hours inside that safe zone chatting and stuff, the real rp experience in this post apocalyptic world should be surviving, not arguing the prices of that canned beans! I suggest a change in the safe zone system. It would be much more immerse if the safe zone were inside a dense jungle or on top of a hill and looked like it had been destroyed and pillaged.also the safe zones should limit to one shop per type, and as pimpcane mentioned, there should be more importance towards food and water and surgical gear than guns and armor. There should be only 2 shops for all the combat needs in a given sz. Also, please remove the regen of food and water in sz. 

4.the starting kits, I.e, the brute force,watcher and the other one should be removed as they are easy metal and materials every x minutes. Also, the players should find the items(which I plead you to reduce the spawn rate of everything or important items) not get them instantly using kits. I would ask to remove the rank kits but that would be unfair so. 

5 . kos should be allowed between clans. A very important thing about having fun in the post apocalyptic world is having fun with friends! There should be clans(ik there already are) they should roam in packs, have a dress code, and make their presence known. If the clan wants to fight with another clan, kos should be allowed only against the opposite clan until a clan forfeits or their base is busted(if they don't have a base, just kill the leader maybe). 

6.the main reason for kos and the breaking of rules is kids. Kids are immature and thus break rules, I don't want to sound like I hate them or am against them, just make it so that their are some safe zone guards, or watchers. That will only open the gates to some geared survivors and shop owners/respected members. This should reduce the amount of screaming and shouting in the sz Atleast. As for kos, I agree with the current report system, but I can't think of anything to make it better yet soz.

7.make the zombies tougher. Ik the servers are on easy mode, it also makes the zombies very easy to kill. When a player spawns in for the first time he/she gives Absolute no f**ks to zombies, they care about guns. Everything is about guns and base. If the zombies were stronger and there should be the mutant counterparts as well, this could eliminate the latter(in theory). 

8. Right now, if you think about it, anyone that is not a shop owner gets bored easily after making a base since they have nothing to do rather than hang out in the sz. I plead that there should be a kos zone. Like say, the Volkswagen military base. If it becomes a kos zone, the players could go there and gamble for a chance to get better loot.

9. Other activities in the sz. In the post apocalyptic world, people would get bored easily. So there should be some fun activities in the sz! There could be gambling,quiz,talent shows etc. Anything that would keep the player interested! Personally I really think this would be a great addition. 

10. Ik this might sound lame but, if there was like a mayor's office or sth in the sz, where players  could go to and request for a shop or any suggestion they have for the sz. It would be awesome and immerse than typing paragraphs on the forums. Though I know that forums are more legal and activly looked at. 

I believe that's enough ideas for now, if I get more ill edit this(if possible) or write them in the comments. 

Thanks for your time reader. 🙂

Topic starter Posted : 26/05/2017 2:04 pm
Opti, MrRawr and Nylex reacted
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

You pretty much just read my mind.. amazing suggestions and ones that I completely agree with! 

there are a few things that are impossible or very hard to do, ill just list them so you get a better understanding:P
-personally I believe mods give a new fresh feel to the game, the limitless content on the workshop constantly makes for new things to find/do 😀 there's only so much vanilla Unturned has to offer, so I think mods keep things unique. however I totally agree with the spawntables, I hate the fact that you can find high tier military guns in almost every house you come across lol. The problem is, 90% of the mods on the server come from 1 modpack (this includes the crazy backpacks, high spawns etc) and there's nothing I can do to edit the spawntables of them, that's up to the mod creator. What I could do is create my own modpack where I can customize spawns, I'd have to get permission from the original authors to do so though.
-Unfortunately there's no way to change spawnrates on specific items such as food, guns etc separately, I can only lower it all together, which is still fine by me

Apart from that I completely agree, rival groups should be able to KOS eachother, survival-looking safezones would be dope, activities within the sz's would also be cool (we had things like that on an older wipe, it worked well:D). I also think high tier areas such as NW airfield on Chernarus may as well be a KOS zone...

I'm not a fan of TPA either, the only reason its there is due to high demand. The only reason donator ranks exist is to fund the servers and keep them going, I have tried to keep them reasonable with no easy way to obtain explosives or anything like that though.

But I love the idea of a realistic survival RP with towns that consist of activities, colony's with a mayor and a leader who decides who can stay and who can have shops etc. And that's the vision for the servers, I'm very happy someone else understands EXACTLY how these servers should be. 

Again, awesome suggestions- can't wait to start making changes around here!:D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2017 8:48 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Thanks for taking a look nylex,agree to your words. Stay tuned for more suggestions 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/05/2017 9:36 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

11. The airdrops currently have only got vanilla supplies,which obviously is no match for the modded big boys. Airdrops care packages should be a once in a blue moon type thing, and when it drops there should be Dope loot inside it. (I may be wrong, didn't check). 

12. More official roles! Currently there are only staff members as authority. There should be an official player based sz guards, to enforce suggestion no.6. There could also be roles for people that are traveling merchants and traders(like me)! <-- official role for server, not discord role and stuff. 

13. The safe zone should be spread out. There should be 2-3 sz on the map all of which are small, sz 1 should be the main sz with shops like guns and armor and basically offense gear. Sz2 should have all the utility supplies like food, water and clothes(since as I mentioned they should be rarer to find) and sz3 should be the fun Zone! With all the games and stuff, (would be cool to see a post apocalyptic carnival thingy with gambling dens as broken houses, etc..)

14. There shouldn't be unrealistic and immature roles like police.. I know, people need some authority. But I don't think that police would go in the outside world, overrun by zombies to catch a guy that just kosed or robbed. If a ribs somebody or koses, the community will automatically register him as an untrustworthy survivor. Death by citizens rather than by authority amiright

15. Now I don't exactly know how server wipes works and all but it would be cool if you left a box of supplies in place of a base that you(staff/nylex)  removed. People constantly rage about wipes and this should reduce it quite a bit imo

16. Why are there superhero and stairwars mod packs ;-;

17. The vehicle spawn rate should be nerfed. It would be so much better to see cars be a rare commodity and will increase its price, especially all the modded apaches and humvees(yeboi). The next suggestion should support this. 

18. Prominent members of servers should be trusted enough to have a Lone shop somewhere and given a tiny(rlly, tiny) sz area. Like for EG, on a mountain road. By the side, a small car repair n needs shop with Tyres and refueling for sale. Would be so awesome! Eg2: a small camp in the middle of a dense forest with supplies for sale.

19. Need for an official currency( Atleast inside sz)... This is a very debatable topic Imo, but I belive that there are SO many modded stuff that it is hard to determine their standings on the pricing list. So why not have an official currency? Not dollars, although they would be rarer than say, scrap metal and thus have more value. But something along the lines of bullet casings (like in metro) would suit the theme and economy well. Any uncommon but not super rare ammunition could be used for this, say, uh, high caliber ammunition boxes. People would have to pay these bullets for a shop and can gamble them etc. Also they can use them, so they have to keep in mind that they are losing money as they shoot, which should reduce some fights. 

20. For some reason, my car-homes were not allowed and always destroyed by staff. I don't see the point in having a base rn in unturned as I don't want the hassle of going to defending against a raid and spend time in making it look good. I just want me a nice apc, put lockers on it and ride to the sunset. Lol. It suits the theme of nomads. And it wouldn't be too common since the owner of the vehicle will have to deal with the risk of being jacked and being robbed of the car(aka their home). And also, fuel and driving skills xD

10 more suggestions coming up soon :p

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/05/2017 10:12 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Edit: for no.19, if you think that ammo would be too rare and currency should be something common like metal scrap, then go for flare shells instead. They're just more genuine lol

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/05/2017 10:32 pm
Fisher
(@fisher)

I totally agree to these suggestions but it needs alot of work from alot of sources and most of them won´t do it. I dunno the Staffs standpoint to all of it, maybe get all of them online for once and helping out with the Safezone idea (yes i hate the russia harbor safezone, and its barely used now, people prolly use it as private storage already because yea all of em are gunshops) for example Opti can build sick post apocalyptic stuff and people like it alot, just needs time. If multiple people would go for something like this, it could be made in a week or less.

About the currency, i don´t know how that would go, most stuff would be given out under the hand for friends.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 11:56 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

@Pimpcane, 

You're right, what if the admins recruit some builders to work on he new post apocalyptic style safe zone. And when they finish helping building, they get rewarded.. Do note that the builders should be respected and well known players that are honest about building. Another way would be to get rule breakers to help with stuff, and in turn they get excused a ban/kick or reduced duration. Let me know what you think. 

-Rawr

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2017 1:08 pm
Surprise655
(@surprise655)

Bump. Love the Ideas ma dude. The Militia will use them 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 1:58 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

@Surprise655

Thanks fam, all the best! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2017 4:07 pm
Fisher
(@fisher)

Fk yea i force them to fish XD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 4:33 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

@pimpcane

Savage boii

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2017 6:05 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Once again, agreed!

The problem with airdrops is that I have no control over what drops inside them although I'm pretty sure I've seen a plugin that lets you customize what goes in an airdrop... So I'll have to take a look into purchasing that because as it stands, airdrops are kinda pointless compared to the modded stuff that's around. 
The starwars and superhero items are part of that huge modpack I was talking about that makes up 90% of the servers mods. It's called Steve's RP bundle and it includes some really cool modded weapons but also includes silly star wars stuff... everything is part of one modpack so I have no control over the silly items that are in it, as I said earlier though putting my own pack together with realistic survival-y looking gear is something I'm working on doing 😀

With roles, I agree that roles such as police shouldn't be a thing, after all it is an apocalypse. I like the idea of having sz guards and roles among safezones, and travelling merchants too! but idk about making them official, I think its best that anyone can really make their own role. Ofc having people like guards approved by the SZ owner would be a thing but I like the idea that people can just label themselves as anything (such as a travelling merchant).

Currently we do have 3 safezones on Chernarus, It would be nice to see them more spread out though. I also think having 1 shop type per sz would be nice. So like 1 gun shop, 1 food shop, 1 hardware etc. 

I also like the idea of little trade stalls here and there dotted around where a person sells specific items from. You'd have to have a lot of trust that they wouldn't use it for a base though. 

I can sort of agree with currency when its things like metal scrap, not money though. I do really like the idea of item for item trades, perhaps specific safezones can use currencies if they wana. 

but yeah, some real nice suggestions, thanks 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 6:20 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

@Nylex 

Thanks for your feedback, I will update the list even more, soon 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2017 6:35 pm
Nylex reacted
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

21. There should be more pvp events. Currently the only pvp events are at feasts, airdrops etc. Excluding my idea for making high tier locations kos zones, there should be a event once or twice a month where kos is allowed. Something like 'the purge'. Players could kos freely and the safe zones would be closed. Players that do not wanna participate can not join the server.

22. There should be a town hall in the safe zone where there is lore about groups and the 'mayor' and etc. The players that recently joined a popular group or guild can go and brush up about it on the townhall. This should encourage rp. Rather than boring, "hey ur a Fisher now! Catch me a squid!" 

23. Base health needs to be increased even more. I ran some numbers, currently pine wall takes about 2.4 ish charges to break or 2 charges and a few bullets of an LMG. The base hp should be higher, I'd say roughly about 3.25 charges required. This should balance out stuff, as the high tier weapons spawn literally everywhere. 

24. Townhall! It's really required, though I may not call it that. Application for jobs could be present there and there also needs to be more, unique jobs. Such as rescue pilots? (they would go and help players that shoot flares). Taxi and bus service(bus has a fixed route that takes to loot locations and in the end to the safe zone) etc.

25. Something need to be done with the server capacity. I know that it can't go higher and that you are contemplating on opening another chernaurus server, but I mean, the players literally have to try for hours to join and the players ingame stay for as long as 10hrs!(not even kidding). I personally don't think that opening another server would do much, with such a big player base, players would still be left out and start raging, quitting etc. Also, more popular servers = more rule breakers = need for more staff members...also, if there should be Atleast 1 staff member on all the servers, that's impossible due to the time zones. We need more staff from (Idk) Asia?aus?EU? 

26. this is a VERY debatable topic, but maybe vote kick should be enabled.... Idk what to say,its kinda self explanatory why..

27. Implementation of a few commands like '/stats xyz' and '/pt xyz'.. Though I kinda agree it may take some rp aspect out of the server like instead of asking a player haven't you heard my name, they could just do /stats etc. Though I highly recommend these commands should be enabled for the staff as they help in times of dealing with rule breakers. 

28. I don't have much of a standing in this topic, nor do am I forcing you. But i suggest changing the older, less popular servers' maps. Like Canada is barely played on rn and also new Brunswick and overgrown(not sure abt this one) the maps should be changed. There should always be the element of surprise on the game! 

29.  Is there  absolutely no way to change loot spawns? maybe you can disable them. 

30.the map should be all about exploring the mountain passes, voyaging the seas etc. Not traveling for 2 mins and ending up in a city or sz. It should be adventurous as most of the civilization would be gone after the apocalypse! If you're changing maps nylex, choose the one that has the more nature and survival aspect. Not the one with "oh this one has a huge mansion, maybe the president could use that" etc. 

This may be my last add on to the main post. Running out of ideas, better to shut up than post stupid ideas. 

Regards, I hope these suggestions help in shaping the future of your servers 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2017 1:41 pm
aran
 aran
(@aran)
New Member Customer

+1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2017 5:31 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: