Suggestion about Fo...

Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion about Food and the life of a food trader.

Fisher
(@fisher)

Hello Community, let me introduce myself first to you and tell you the reason why i´m making this post:

My name is Pimpcane, known on Russia as Fisher Cinderfall, probably the only Fisher in the entire community and the (probably) only person on the servers who managed to catch a Raw Squid (for those who do not know, its the item you need for the Fisher quest on the Liberator with a 0.03% dropchance). Today i am creating this topic to show you what struggle a food trader goes through.

At the moment as everyone knows, food is extremely easy to aquire and makes the job of a food trader useless. Given that the servers are RP or Semi-RP, there should be a variaty of different shops and traders, for example:
Food and Water
Medicine
Crafting and Tools
Materials for Crafting (+Building)
Guns, Ammo and Attachements
Explosives
Clothing and Accessories

Here is my problem that I see from my perspective, all of the on top named traders don´t exist in the slightest except for Explosives and Guns ect., what makes it extremely hard for other people who don´t want to go into other buisenesses because guns and booms are always needed and thats what´s wrong in my opinion. There should be atleast some different shops on the server for the fact its a Roleplay, Semi-RP touched kind of servergroup. As the old SZ south-east of the map Russia existed, i couldn´t find anything else then gunshops or explosive vendors.

I know it sounds a bit egoistic, but here is my suggestion to open up some new ways for example for food traders:
Remove the food of the kits, those MREs should be extremely hard to find and not be able to be spawned in every 15 minutes per kit (Donator ranks shouldn´t be hit by this, they paid for their kits so i won´t say anything to that!).

Reduce the spawnrate of food, it´s a post apocaliptic scenery we play in. Food is always a valuable item, sometimes more then guns. A gun can´t save you if you die from starvation or dehydration. I guess we all saw movies like Mad Max or atleast played other harsh survival games like Rust, H1Z1 Survival, Arma 3 Exile or Epoch. Food is rare there aswell and always valuable and plays in a similar situation like Unturned.

Of course everyone can grow own food, but a Potatoe for example doesnt help you much, a Tuna Cheese Sandwich in comparison does. And hail Nylex for modded food, you can even get a Doner Kebab or other great consumables that fill your food and waterbar. Plus it helps other players, the trader, to keep his job up and add his part of RP to the server, which is pretty rare exept for robberies...

Here is my suggestion and call for help as a food trader who passionately roleplays it and knows how to. Im grateful if you went through this little text and maybe you think i got a point there. Have a nice day/night!

Constructive criticism on the idea would be appreciated, same for any questions about my topic. I try to answer as much as i can.

Dearest regards,
Pimpcane, Fisher Cinderfall

Topic starter Posted : 24/05/2017 7:06 pm
About_30_ninjas
(@about_30_ninjas)
Estimable Member

Hey think this is a great idea and think it would really benefit the servers and more specifically the safezones on the servers. The zones are clearly dominated by the gun market and I think its only right that everyone gets a chance to sell there goods and enjoy the safezones just as much as a gun shop owner would!    

-Ninjas

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2017 7:17 pm
Fisher reacted
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I agree, It's great to see someone is trying to be a food trader other than the hordes of guns and "general store" traders we get. We actually want to make it so there are 1 type of shop per safezone. Only 1 gunshop, 1 materials shop etc. 

Unfortunately there's no way to decrease the spawn rate of specific categories of items such as food, you can only decrease the spawn rate of all items at once (which isn't a bad idea since the mods have such a high spawntable). 

I do wish the spawntable of Steve's RP bundle wouldn't just spawn high end guns all over the map like they're a common item. 

I've been thinking of putting my own modpack together, that way I have control over the spawns and can make it more balanced:D But for now, I could lower all item spawns, this would give traders of all aspects business 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2017 9:53 pm
Swak
 Swak
(@swak)
Trusted Member Customer

Nice one Fisher this would make my idea realistic of becoming a farmer

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2017 11:19 pm
Swak
 Swak
(@swak)
Trusted Member Customer

Contact me i have and idea 

Im Lagarn on discord

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2017 12:30 am
Fisher
(@fisher)

@About 30 Ninjas: I really appreciate your appreciation 😀

@Nylex: Changing the spawnrate of items would be a 50:50 thing. I´m alright with the guns, food and clothes but for example crafting mats and tools are already hard to get like chemicals, fertilizer ect. All that fancy stuff. But i have no problem with it at all, it makes it a bit grindier. Thank you for your post aswell! (I still want a fisherboat in russia XD)

@SwaK Sorry friend i was asleep, i was on 10 hours yesterday looking for Opti and doing some stuff. feel free to message me again once your online.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/05/2017 7:47 am
Guckliet
(@guckliet)
Eminent Member Customer

Nice idea

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2017 6:57 pm
Share: