Ban people when the...

Notifications
Clear all

Ban people when they become Villains

Khalahari7
(@khalahari7)

People need to be persuaded not to kill so much on the NO KOS roleplay servers, so automatically ban them when they become villains. When banned they should also loose all their gear. Currently very few robberies end without someone being killed and there is no real consequence for KOS.

Topic starter Posted : 23/05/2017 10:04 pm
Pein
 Pein
(@pein)
Reputable Member Customer

there is a real consequence for Kosing, which starts with warnings and ends with bans. also there are a lot of people who try to rob but the one they are robbing retaliates and either kill the robbers or dies. so banning people for reaching villain reputation is a bad idea as its not hard to reach it. also if there are 2 groups and they start robbing eachother it will often get into a little skirmish which ends with them tping back and died or kill others which means they get negative rep.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2017 12:14 am
TheFabledGreenDiamond
(@greendiamond04)
Trusted Member

You just suggested a move that would wipe half the server's population

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2017 2:29 am
Slothy Destroyer
(@slothy-destroyer)
Trusted Member Customer

I know this is a really dumb idea

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2017 2:35 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Its very possible to get negative rep from not KOSing. If someone has played the server for a while, they might have defended off a few robbers, been involved in multiple battles etc. 
Personally I have negative rep on Chernarus, but I never KOS (obviously:P) 

I do agree that KOS is a big issue though, and unfortunately there's no easy way of combating it- and even if there was, the RP aspect of the servers would just consist of robberies- so dw, i feel your pain:(

A man can dream of good roleplay- there is those special few out there who are amazing RP'ers and really shed light on the server though!:D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2017 2:59 am
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

If this would be implemented I will have to go full lawyer. The problem I am having is that when someone shoots me, apparently they can't aim as well, which means in terms of the coding in place, that I shot them first, when they missed me and shot at me first.

When this gets solved by having an extra hitbox around a character that will indicate if someone shot at you, not necessarily hit you, that you do not immediately receive bad rep. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 12:09 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Nelson already implemented that Elmomick, if you get shot at (doesn't have to be hit) the game will register them as the instigator. They'd have to have really bad aim and miss you by a lot for that not to happen tho, which is still very possible haha! I don't think there's another way around it though tbh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 6:00 pm
Share: