Notifications
Clear all

Reporting Fail RP (Whitelist)

Page 5 / 6
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member

Your justification for raiding and blowing up the helicopter seems like you're grasping at straws, and making it up afterwards to try to justify your actions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 5:28 pm
Timothy reacted
Logan
(@logan)
Eminent Member Customer

The NCR claims to be a freindly group, but after my character sees his friend get robbed, he defends them and then proceeds to raid the base. That seems pretty justified to me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 5:55 pm
Timothy
(@fleikez)
Estimable Member Customer
Posted by: Logan

The NCR claims to be a freindly group, but after my character sees his friend get robbed, he defends them and then proceeds to raid the base. That seems pretty justified to me.

Lmao, we are friendly and secondly it wasn't a robbery I have explained this to opti and he now understands that. You KOS'ed us at our own base, griefed our vehicles then griefed and raided the I.N.N and then on another day you KOS'd Josef and staggs and then blew up yet another vehicle. You don't know how to RP either, you always avoid player interaction and when I am finally able to interact with you I treat you like any other but you are jumping all over the place like it's a fucking PvP server and you just fucking raid everything you see, it's ridiculous. You are NOT fit for a whitelisted hardcore PvP server. You have commuted so much shit already, and as you see it's many independent people with the same opinion, you also try to bend rules and make excuses as you go to try and evade these types of conflicts like you have always done on for example the Public Russia RP server. I have nothing personal against you I am merely looking out for the community and weeding out those who are not fit for whitelist like Nylex also wants.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/06/2017 7:38 pm
Logan
(@logan)
Eminent Member Customer

Okay, lets say you didn't rob Opti, you still forced him to put his hands up and surrender himself. I saw that as a hostile action and defended him. That's not KOS. The situation with Staggs and Josef was taken out of context aswell. I told them multiple times to lower their weapons, or at least put them on safety. They never complied, and I made myself very clear. I then said, "I'm not going to ask again" I waited about 6 seconds then I shot them. They then called KOS and me and Opti both explained the situation and just started ignoring them. Again, all of the people who have +1'ed me to get me banned are either in NCR, or INN.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 8:26 pm
Timothy
(@fleikez)

Okay, lets say you didn't rob Opti, you still forced him to put his hands up and surrender himself. I saw that as a hostile action and defended him. That's not KOS. The situation with Staggs and Josef was taken out of context aswell. I told them multiple times to lower their weapons, or at least put them on safety. They never complied, and I made myself very clear. I then said, "I'm not going to ask again" I waited about 6 seconds then I shot them. They then called KOS and me and Opti both explained the situation and just started ignoring them. Again, all of the people who have +1'ed me to get me banned are either in NCR, or INN.

There are many people that are independent players, are you blind? And just because we asked him to keep his weapons low isn't a hostile action. You didn't tell them to put their guns away. You make up so much bullshit as you go.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/06/2017 9:04 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

I think people are saying that what you did is FailRP since instead of roleplaying and maybe trying to negotiate or something, you just shot me and Tim. One of the rules of improv/roleplay posted by gsop a few weeks ago is Violence Kills the Improv. This means that if you respond quickly with violence to a roleplay situational, there's no time for it to unfold and develop, and therefore is less fun. Additionally, YOUR CHARACTER'S LIFE AND GEAR ARE NOT THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING AFTER. In my opinion, it's better to promote roleplay for everyone, as opposed to protecting one's life, gear, character, etc. For example, if there was some suspicious activity and you were travelling with a team, and you saw it and reacted with violence quickly, killing everyone who looked hostile (they may not have even been the instigators) it's a lot less fun than if you roleplayed. This simple scene could quickly become complex and tense, for example, if you sent in a negotiator but he was taken hostage. You could then open fire, reasonably, but you could also try to negotiate the release of the hostage. By trying to get him released, it would promote roleplay even further even though the character's life would definitely be at risk. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 9:12 pm
diggydoggy
(@diggydoggy)
Trusted Member Customer

Im independent, and Logan doesnt do anything wrong, I haven't had any problems and without proof, thats not fair to ban him. Just because he gets a lot of reports, doesnt mean he should get a ban, most of these people are part of a group and so, for all we know, he could have told his whole team to report him, which isnt fair.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 9:14 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

So because he hasn't done anything to YOU, he shouldn't be banned? He also admitted it so I don't know what you mean by "no proof." And also, if you get reported only once and there is proof, that is enough to be banned. And thirdly, there is literally no evidence suggesting that people teamed up to ban him. It doesn't even make sense to bring it up, it just seems like grasping at straws. More people reporting something should be stronger proof, not looked on as suspicious because it is physically possible for them to report something.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 9:38 pm
Logan
(@logan)
Eminent Member Customer

I admitted to raiding the base. Which wasn't against the rules at the time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 10:15 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

You also admitted to shooting me and Tim, which is what we are discussing. 

As you said above, "Okay, lets say you didn't rob Opti, you still forced him to put his hands up and surrender himself. I saw that as a hostile action and defended him. "

I at least am talking about if this is reasonable. I do not think it is for reasons that what I have stated above.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 10:27 pm
Logan
(@logan)
Eminent Member Customer

From what I saw, I see two guys pointing guns at my friend with his hands up and I hear "Drop your guns on the ground". I still don't see what your point is. Defending someone isn't KOS/FailRP. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2017 1:05 am
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member

From what I saw, I see two guys pointing guns at my friend with his hands up and I hear "Drop your guns on the ground". I still don't see what your point is. Defending someone isn't KOS/FailRP. 

The original reason Opti was held up was because you blew up an NCR helicopter, and he was with you at the time. I still don't see a valid RP justification for blowing up the helicopter, which caused all of these other events.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2017 1:33 am
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

Additionally, the definition of FailRP is sort of loose. Instead of RP'ing through the situation, you opened fire before anyone explained what was happening. We could have just hunted you guys down to kill you since you blew up the chopper. but we wanted to roleplay instead as this is an RP server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2017 1:35 am
Fisher
(@fisher)

Are you stilkl on about that? Can´t you just drop it already and live on? My god its funny to read for a bit, but shifting the blame back and forth doesn´t do anything good. It happened now and boom. Live with it. I lost 2 cars and a boat today because some smartass had to blow em up and im no making a report about it coz ppl be whack yo!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2017 2:25 am
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

If you know who it was you should really be making a report, I assume it was on the whitelist server? If so that kind of behavior won't stop itself, so if you see it happening, do something about it. However, I do think the community should move on from this specific incident, I'm getting kinda sick of it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2017 2:28 am
gsop reacted
Page 5 / 6
Share: