Notifications
Clear all

Whitelist

can i get uhhhhhh
(@mister-petain)
Trusted Member

Addressed to anyone who knows the answers, administrators, moderators, or otherwise;

Whitelist seemed, at least to me, not sure if it's really the case, to pop up and assert itself as the more Strict RP of the servers. I have a few questions about the server itself that I'm not sure have been addressed yet.

Firstly, will decisions and votes by the community be done separately by the whitelist and regular servers, or will the votes apply to both?

Will server events hosted by the admins or video events be hosted on whitelist, regular, or both?

Lastly, will applications to whitelist be closed once enough members have filled the server?

Again, sorry if these questions have all already been answered, but I was unable to find any meentioning of them, and felt that it would be nice to know. Thanks for reading and hopefully taking the time to respond!

Topic starter Posted : 28/06/2017 8:31 pm
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member

For the first question, it's probably a decision by decision case. Some things make sense on a more hardcore server, but don't make sense on a more casual server. The white listed server is a lot harder, and many handicaps are missing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2017 9:36 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Correct me on this if I'm wrong, nylex. 

1. Lets say, for example, a vote was passed by nylex that would remove tpa, in an effort to encourage more rp. Us over here at the whitelist already live without tpa and kits and stuff, so it would have no impact on us... But the community that plays on the regular 'non kos' servers will have a huge impact on it. Thus, the decision may have different consequences on different types of servers. 

2. I guess if nylex records a video it would usually be on the regular servers, as if was to record (a certain baseraid, let's say of a spaceship) he would have to make the spaceship and such.get actors, get them on discord and such. It would be easier to get actors and everything regarding the peer side of it on the whitelisted since it has better community, but recording on whitelisted can tamper with the roleplay that players do and thus they may get disrupted. So, all in all. I believe recording on regular servers would be better, however he could ask for a vote or record certain parts in whitelisted...... For other events, like feasts and such. They are all disabled for whitelisted, airdrops and NW airfield, are not kos zones on whitelisted (see above answer for reason). 

3. Not sure, but they really should be after the server has Atleast 3 ppl on at any given time. The more people, more risks and soon the whitelisted would become a regular. 

Hope this helped. 

Warm regards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 9:04 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

yeah rawr's pretty much right,

When someone makes a suggestion they usually make it clear if they're referring to the public servers or the whitelisted servers. So votes are separated for them yeah.

I do record on the public servers as sometimes I might wana change things such as the weather or the time of day and stuff, doing that on whitelisted servers will ruin the rp experience for the players. Although if I were to record purely unscripted videos, doing it on the whitelisted servers would be great:)

I don't plan on closing applications, I plan on opening more whitelisted servers instead;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2017 12:53 am
MrRawr reacted
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

If you're not gonna close the applications, Nylex, maybe you can take short breaks for like a week or so and keep them closed for the week. Then after it reopens do the same thing after some weeks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2017 7:06 am
can i get uhhhhhh
(@mister-petain)
Trusted Member

Alright, thanks for resolving these so quickly. I was just a tad confused about the exact ramifications of Whitelist coming out, and the differences aside from a handpicked community, and whatnot.

But yeah, it's really nice to have a community where the moderators and owner are just as active as the playerbase, so good on you for that. Cheers, man. Hope I get to experience whitelist, because it sounds like a big upgrade from the regular servers and a damn good idea to have.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/06/2017 8:29 pm
Nylex reacted
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thanks man!:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 1:56 am
Share: