the KoS issue

Notifications
Clear all

the KoS issue

Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

There have been quite some KoS issues present in the server, which is understandable. Loads of new players that come from normal servers where it is normal to just kill everyone you see. However the issue comes when it's done by known players and me and pimpcain had a little brainstorming about this. So I am going to make a few suggestions here and please let me hear what you think, what you'd like to see added and if you don't agree you can always tell me that, do that with the proper arguments though 😉

Poll System

There's always the issue that not everyone can deliver the correct amount of evidence, which then makes it so that his or her report will be thrown into the bin without consideration. Don't get me wrong, this is fair. You can't send someone to jail without proper evidence either. However it might be an idea to add a poll system to the reports to lighten the load. For instance if loads of people experience bad behaviour from someone, the can just look up one's report and vote on it, instead of making another thread about it without the proper evidence, again. So let me make an example:

"Has player x KoS'ed you before:

O Yes (76%)

O No (24%)"

Admins

This isnt to bash the current admins and moderators, they are doing all they can. But it might be an idea to put in an extra staff role, that isn't that heavy. See this as an undercover role, for instance people that are only able to warn people, perhaps even kick or ban them. Aside from this no other abilities, so these players just have to play instead of working on stuff, building etc. No abilities to spawn anything in. Just an undercover Cop. 

Because people will behave more when they see a bright light blue in the player list.

Timezones

From what I've experienced, there are enough admins on the servers. But only at certain timezones. Also there are times that on one day no admin has been on. Maybe it's time to see and find some folks that are able to be more active, active on other timezones, when the current admins cannot be present. An admin presence on the server seems to halve all illegal issues the people normal have.

John fucking Norris

From what I've experienced is that when John Norris is on is that whenever he has to solve a KoS issue. He really makes short work of it, any criticism he receives that isn't something that useful, he shrugs it off as if it's nothing. Now my question is, why isn't this legend an Admin yet.

If there's any explaining to do, I can always explain that to you, just ask 🙂

- Opti

Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2017 12:03 pm
TIE_Pilot
(@tie_pilot)
Eminent Member Customer

The problem is, what happens if someone makes new accounts to vote on the poll, or just tells their friends to vote on it without them seeing the KoS.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 12:57 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Kinda agree, though people might just vote 'yes' on the poll if they hate that person  and for silly reasons like he called me a 'xyz'.. What if there were some bounty hunters or over seers on kosers? Like some spy on top of mountain with a sniper that observes them and if they kos, he takes the shot and asks the victim to to tpa back to him, in return the over seer gets reputation on the server and trust. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 1:01 pm
Fisher
(@fisher)

Optis idea sounds very nice at this point, given that mayhem breaks out once theres no light blue sign is in the playerlist or green names in discord. Alot of people use that really hard when no staff is around. HIs idea of a poll system is good, but can be abused too to kick someone unwanted or on the other side to help that KOS Player as a friend to stay. We have lots of ppl here playing with the troublemakers and would vote for his freedom, not his ban. For now tho it sounds like a good emergency solution if shit hits the fan.

Admins: Yes i believe you heard that alot of times, but on good servers admins are important, lots of em. A balance should be kept timezonewise and what i noticed on discord is that when im online, there no staff at all online which is the time where the server turns into a all out war server. Sadly. As it isnt hard enough already to come around until Nylex does the changes he talked about in other topics.

Sorry i just woke up if my text doesnt make sense XD

Greetings, Fisher Cinderfall

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 4:28 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

The community really has a Dire need for more mature and trusted staff members. I hang around the discord about 6 hrs a day and in most of those hours there is no staff online, which makes the discord perfect target for all the spammers and advertisers to spread their shit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 4:35 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Good suggestions, a poll system sounds good but can very easily be abused. However I could make it so new members cannot vote (so they can't just make a new account) then again, it won't stop people voting against players they just dislike. 

The players are the ones who really make the servers what it is, there's only so much staff can do to guide no KOSing but ultimately the players decide to do it or not. It's especially hard to find new staff members that we can trust and agree with- but I do agree that there has to be more active staff. (btw John Norris is staff already). 
That being said it's not the current staff's duty to be on the servers all the time. For example I haven't been on for almost a week since the weather has been so nice. 

About another staff rank, I suppose we could ask trusted players to keep an eye out for KOS'ers and set them on bounty hunter missions- it'd be cool to introduce an RP aspect to this haha! but I wouldn't make it a complete new staff role. 

The idea of a database of some sort where players are listed with a % of votes on whether they have KOS'd or not would be pretty cool 😀

Also...are you guys sure staff isn't on discord when you are? From the minute I turn my pc on in the morning there's staff online... even when I stay up until like 5am there's still staff on, so idk, never seen it myself

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 6:35 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

@Nylex

The staff might be invisible, even though they were in voice chat with random players, chatting. Makes you think they(pike fisherman) is 'off duty' eh? No disrespect towards them. 

Also, sorry to say nylex, but I disagree on the fact regarding that there SHOULDN'T be a staff role for bounty hunters etc. Here's my take on that, 

The bounty hunter role or as I call it, the 'overseers' should be directly under the crown i.e staff, and they should be suited as per the server. For eg. In Russia rp, the overseers could be the mafia(which turned not so bad after the apocalypse) and Krovi estate could be their HQ. in chernaurus, the Russian military would be nice. Imagine guilty snipers hiding in Bush, observing every move of the koser(s). Since these players would be trusted n all, this could be an added bonus towards Their resume for the staff application. Have a nice day! 

Sincerely, 

-Mr.Rawr

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 6:50 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yeah for sure, but there's no reason to give them a specific role if they aren't needing to use any special commands. Staff can just "hire" them to go overseeing is what I'm saying... then they will be truly undercover:P 

However if we were going to allow them to have access to certain commands then yeah we'd have to make a role for them

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2017 6:54 pm
Share: