New Ban system.

Notifications
Clear all

New Ban system.

Page 1 / 2
DaddyJokes
(@daddyjokes)
Estimable Member Customer

A lot of people who start on whitelist often get banned due to offline raiding or KOsing.

I'm not a fan of any of those but banning some good people like scorpion And hitman will affect the server considering how good their applications and role-laying skills are. Maybe instead of permanent banning them , the staff can do this:

Offline Raiding: 1 week ban 

Offline Raiding(2nd): 3 week ban

Offline Raiding(3rd): Perm ban 

KOS: 2 WEEK BAN(Unless the person has a vid proof that he by mistake shot the person due to reflexes, or mistook the guy to be a zombie, he can't apply for unban or reduced time)

KOS(2ND): Perm Ban (Buy unban for 15$) IP Ban

A lot people will say that buying unban is ridiculous , but I feel that it will support the server as ell as the koser will not KOS after buying an unban.

FailRP: Admins take all the stuff and 1 week ban

FailRP(2nd attempt): 3 week ban and erase of inventory and skills

FailRP(3rd): Ban for 2 months and re-apply for whitelist with new character 

Failed 4: Death by snu snu, perm IP ban, (buy unban for15$)

Unban price: 15$

Next unban: 30$

Last unban: 60$

Topic starter Posted : 09/01/2018 12:48 pm
TheRagingLemon
(@theraginglemon)
Reputable Member Customer

I still think that every FailRP ban, the characters have the be erased and be created again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 1:01 pm
The Friendly HitMan :D
(@adazahunt)
Honorable Member

Interesting wonder why my name is in there hmmmmmm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 1:14 pm
Şçøŕpïøņ
(@scorpion)

Hmm this is a interesting system you suppose I mean like it could help in the long run maybe...I kinda feel on Wl servers kos xhould be a perm ban no matter and you can't apply for unban....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 1:17 pm
Fisher
(@fisher)

We are not EA. We will not put our servers behind a paywall and buying urself free of WL bans sounds as retarded as grilling lettuce.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 1:43 pm
PFQ reacted
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I don't see how banning rule breakers will affect the servers negatively... maybe I don't see your logic.

I'm in no way interested in being as lenient as I am with the public servers, if someone breaks the rules on whitelist, they'll get perma-banned most times. Especially if it's something like KOS, there's no excuse on a server like that.

Introducing a 3 strike system will just give players the idea that they are allowed to go against the rules 3 times before being banned permanently. We've already dealt with a few players trying to wriggle around a ban by exploiting how the rules are worded (for example: "the rules say if I KOS once I will get a warning before a ban wtf")

I feel like if someone offline raids, KOS's, metagames etc, then they shouldn't have a place on the whitelisted server as they clearly don't know how to act on it and didn't bother to familiarize themselves with the rules. And aren't the type of person that is suited for WL in a mindset like that anyway. The server is a closed community where potential rule breakers aren't favoured among players, and unbanning people who've ruined abiding players' experiences would just be a slap round the face to the community. Sorry about the strictness, but it's necessary to keep the server at its best. 

That being said, if there's an incident with an honest mistake (such as you mentioned a player being mistook for a zombie) then we'll typically not ban the player since it's not really their fault. This can be said for small mistakes such as accidental metagaming etc. but 99% of the time a KOS, FailRP, and especially offline raid is not a mistake. (excluding those that are done in an RP fashion).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 1:53 pm
Rosa and PFQ reacted
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

Thing is, people on whitelist are responsable for writing a proper character, theres a whole checklist, format and even my own guide that people can use, staff assumes you understand these or at least read them.

its obvious that the same rules apply that are present on the public servers. 

And aside from the regular rules there are whitelisted ones. It’s just plain retardation if people break the obvious rules, mess ups happen when talking about rp. But people should learn this quick.

what I don’t understand is the lack of maturity when it comes to breaking rules. Admit that you’ve done wrong. Start writing an apology letter and rewrite an application that fits your style more.

buying unban is dumb 

Kind regards,

Opti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 1:57 pm
PFQ reacted
Şçøŕpïøņ
(@scorpion)
Posted by: Pimpcane

We are not EA. We will not put our servers behind a paywall and buying urself free of WL bans sounds as retarded as grilling lettuce.

That's a good one EA perfect... 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 2:00 pm
(@adazahunt)
Honorable Member

One more thing why am I even in there  🤣  🤣 I'm so popular at getting reported/accused rofl.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 3:16 pm
DaddyJokes
(@daddyjokes)

First of all I would thank you all to express your opinions and being interested in replying

Nylex, I understand that the server isn't EA but sometimes it is important to be able to buy things.

The three strike system is not correct but sometimes we end up making mistakes. A week or 2 WEEK ban will teach them a lesson also as their inventory will be removed, they will be at a disadvantage . 

Being able to buy unban is not stupid (though it sounds stupid) 

Assume this: I am a very happily playing on WL and I see a house which is poorly protected with wooden doors. My greed kicks in and I got take the stuff. Oh crap this was my last warning and a admin saw me. And I get banned.

AFTER 2 months or so I am trying to find a good server like the whitelist but all I am able to find is unrealistic piece of shit servers belonging to fudgy (it' a joke I like him) . Sadly I try to go back to WL but my unban is rejected . I end up paying 15$ (which helps the server financially) and start playing.

But this time I know that I have spent money so I must play with the rules.

----------

I'm not kidding about this. On servers of Minecraft (like cosmicpvp) people who hack are able to join servers after buying an unban and most of times they start playing legit.

Maybe some tweaks in the three strike system would be like this 

BREAK RULE 1: UNBAN 15$

BREAK RULE 2: 30$

BREAK RULE 3: NOT ELIGIBLE FOR INBAL

They servers cost money. Considering that WL is non p2w.It won't be making a lot of money unless Nylex adds something to stores like unban.

Hitman I thought you are banned and considering how active you are I chose your name.

Pimpcane please be less disrspectful will replying. Everyone has different opinions : D

Unban of toxic people may not always be the best but if it creates funds then it' fine. Considering that they can be banned again .

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/01/2018 5:05 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin
Posted by: DaddyJokes

The three strike system is not correct but sometimes we end up making mistakes. A week or 2 WEEK ban will teach them a lesson also as their inventory will be removed, they will be at a disadvantage . 

Being able to buy unban is not stupid (though it sounds stupid) 

Assume this: I am a very happily playing on WL and I see a house which is poorly protected with wooden doors. My greed kicks in and I got take the stuff. Oh crap this was my last warning and a admin saw me. And I get banned.

AFTER 2 months or so I am trying to find a good server like the whitelist but all I am able to find is unrealistic piece of shit servers belonging to fudgy (it' a joke I like him) . Sadly I try to go back to WL but my unban is rejected . I end up paying 15$ (which helps the server financially) and start playing.

But this time I know that I have spent money so I must play with the rules.

This type of mindset is not what we encourage on whitelist, if you think like that when coming across a base, you shouldn't be playing...
(Especially due to the fact you're acknowledging that it's wrong and against the rules but you'd still choose to do it because you know you can be unbanned if you really wanted to by paying)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 6:52 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin
Posted by: DaddyJokes

I'm not kidding about this. On servers of Minecraft (like cosmicpvp) people who hack are able to join servers after buying an unban and most of times they start playing legit.

Maybe some tweaks in the three strike system would be like this 

BREAK RULE 1: UNBAN 15$

BREAK RULE 2: 30$

BREAK RULE 3: NOT ELIGIBLE FOR INBAL

They servers cost money. Considering that WL is non p2w.It won't be making a lot of money unless Nylex adds something to stores like unban.

Unban of toxic people may not always be the best but if it creates funds then it' fine. Considering that they can be banned again .

This would make sense on the public servers, but certainly not on the whitelisted ones. Not to mention the amount of slack we'd be giving players when it comes to rule breaking. Even still, I'm aware a lot of servers have paid unbans but I'm just against the idea; the servers make enough money
Plus the whitelist server is completely non-profit, I don't intend to create funds from it and that's not the reason it exists  😋

I do appreciate the suggestions and the interest in supporting the servers financially though, but there are better ways to do it;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 6:57 pm
Fin Richards
(@fin)

bad idea, encourage fail rp as people would think" ahh fuck i can always buy an unban".

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 9:32 pm
Rosa reacted
Commander Stanky
(@stankyfeetgaming)

I am a person of second chances, but this idea wouldn't work for whitelist. I don't care what happens on the public servers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 10:29 pm
(@adazahunt)
Honorable Member

Jesu Christo, I'm so popular at getting accused reported  🤣  🤣  and don't just judge people on what happened you barely know me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2018 4:33 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: