Making raiding a ba...

Notifications
Clear all

Making raiding a ban-able act in the server

Sos10105
(@sos10105)
New Member Customer

Pros-

1. By banning raiding, Players could have places to store their valuables inside their base/house they made safely, so they might have something that they dont want to lose so they had to follow the server rules to no get banned as if they wanted to keep to play on the server since they've got some achievement on the server. This could decrease the rate of KOSing and rules being broke,

2. Players could built their own rp towns at different parts of the world which will add more roleplay elements without the risk of being destroyed or raided. Players could maintain their town, shop. Establish a government or stuff like that at their own town built. Setting shops to sell stuffs in a cheaper price comparing those in skystead which dominated the market. This could add more spots worth to visit in the map, roleplay could also be promoted in those towns. More player groups could have place to settle, like players who call themselves as bandit could make a bandit base to do some evil stuffs or players could set up police headquarters arresting those bandits. This will promote more and more roleplay.

3. More roles could be created by the players. If raiding is banned, players could settle down somewhere in the map safely as I mentioned in point 1 or 2. They could've focus more time on roleplaying. Different towns built by the players may have their own needs, like metal, woods, guns...etc. More jobs will be created, lumberjack, miner...etc. 

4. More activity between players. Feeling bored after hours of looting? you could go to a player's made coffee shop to enjoy a cup of fresh coffee, chatting with the shop owners, buying material at different towns, making friends with different players. There could have much more things to do except looting, vehicle feast and looting again.

Cons-

1.Abuse of building structure, players could spam those wooden houses all over the map. I dun think so? at least there are no such case happening in the server.

2. Few players may complain about raiding is not allowed is a stupid idea. Well, I dont agree as this is a roleplay server which is roleplaying real life, how often you see people bring explosive demolishing other's house illeaglly? 

Comments are welcomed and I hope the Nylex and mods could seriously take a look on my suggestion.

Topic starter Posted : 11/06/2017 3:10 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

1. If players can store anything they want inside their base and nobody could access it, then it's a con not a pro. Players can store their rarest loot and just display it, which would be gay af. Raiding is a key part of the survival game and it shouldn't be removed. 

2. Players have built their own towns, and it became safe zones, so it's safe from raiding. Establishing a government and all that will exist in the whitelisted servers where good rpers participate in role playing. 

3&4. this is supposed to be post apocalyptic survival. Not life rp, the police force catching robbers would be good for life rp, also, police in the post apocalyptic era??? Why.... Every other zombie survival game like unturned, say, dayz,h1z1,etc.have the aspect of base raiding even on rp servers,and it's a success. Because those games have mature players, not 9 year olds who kos. 

In short, raiding is important for the post apocalyptic rp and it shouldn't be remove. I hereby decline any more discussion about this xdddd

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2017 7:31 pm
Nylex reacted
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Raiding is completely allowed on the servers, changing that would make the servers a totally different place.

If you can't raid anyone/can't be raided then there's no risk - no fun. Bases are KOS zones meaning players are allowed to KOS at bases, so removing raiding wouldn't solve the KOS issue

Also a lot of players find it difficult to follow the simple no KOS rule, so I have a hard time believing they'd stick to a no raiding rule, a much more tempting rule to break.

I agree that it'd be nice to have more things to do, more roles to easily apply to yourself etc. but I don't think removing raiding is a solution to that. Plus it's kinda what the base game is about (looting and surviving), so it's a little tricky to implement much beyond that

Also this is NOT a server which is roleplaying real life, it's roleplaying an apocalypse with survivors and zombies and safezone trading camps run by fellow survivors. the police vs criminals stuff you mentioned would be great for a life server too, but not the current survival roleplay ones.

however I do like the idea of having public places/shops such as a coffee shops in the current safezones. More things like that would make the servers feel a lot more welcoming and personal. 😀

In conclusion I strongly disagree that raiding should be disallowed. 

you seen my channel bruh?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2017 11:06 pm
Captain Autismo
(@captain-autismo)
Eminent Member Customer

most servers have safezones you can store loot in, and raiding is part of the game. you know you can make secret stashes for your items right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2017 11:07 pm
Share: