Base health

Notifications
Clear all

Base health

R3dsorialPeak17
(@r3dsorialpeak17)
Eminent Member

high grade loot spawns including all types of explosives are way to high, I feel base durability should be greatly increase to combat this issue.  I think I recall Nylex mentioning not being able to change l0ot spawns on these items so I feel that base structure health increase should be done.  As most players on Cherno map have seen our base near Vybor was totally destroyed within a week of it first being completed that should not have been possible due to the amount of time we had spent on it and for them too loot for 2 daysand get enough supplies to do that much damage. 

It should go "hey look at this massive base".... lets go get some raiding supplies..... stock up for 1-2 weeks and then attempt to complete the raid, and with more structure health the players would have to stick around longer giving the little bit more probability that the owners would be on and or log on during the raid.

This is just my rant as I'm sick of all my hard work getting destroyed within a few days of it being completed and never feeling safe storing loot inside any base.

Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2017 1:20 am
Nylex reacted
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

First off, from what I've seen on the discord is that a lot people banded together to get rid of this so called "lag" base. I've seen people work together, stocks merged and all kinds of other coorperation with people whom a normally enemies. and you said it took people 1-2 week to stock up before doing this.. That's actually quite long, especially for Cherno. Cherno being a large map with a lot of different spawns and high amounts of them.

I do understand you have quite some salt in your system due to having your base destroyed, imagine how it feels for others, most bases dont even survive 4 hours after completion.

The structure health is already insanely high in my opinion, it takes too many explosives to even bust down one wall, imagine taking that colossus down of yours.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 8:35 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

The truth is that, base raiding and looting is unbalanced in the vanilla game. Nylex could only do so much, the true power to fix this lies with our lord and savior Nelson.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 8:40 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I do agree, I did increase the structure health a couple months ago. I may consider upping it more, we'll see.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 9:42 am
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

Just a bit of a counter-argument to what Elmomick was saying. No, i'm not salty about my base being destroyed but it does kinda put me off that i was told it was destroyed by an "admin-mag". secondly, An easy fix to help bases survive longer than 4 hours would be to up the structure health as was suggested. as for base raiding with explosives, it isn't the most efficient nor most common way to raid. Gatling repeaters are extremely efficient in taking out a base, only taking 150-200 rounds to take down a wall. Any base can be raided, no matter the size, using an exploit with the sawzall and a dragonfang.(i would rather not enlighten people to how it is done considering it would make every base on chernarus useless, however if a staff isn't familiar with what i'm referring to feel free to pm me on steam)

-r3dsquirell

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 3:06 pm
SgtTNT
(@sgttnt)
Trusted Member Customer

Elmomick get a laser minigun or a flamethrower and say that base health is too high

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 6:48 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

ah, never occurred to me how OP some modded items could be.

I think I'll increase the structure health for the time being while this mod is still on the servers, then when I've managed to get my own modpack together I can balance and regulate everything again:D

Steve's RP bundle is just a giant OP mess...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 9:36 am
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

I recommend AT LEAST doubling the hp that it has now. I'm pretty sure that would balance it with the rate raiding supplies spawn. However, let us know by how much you do end up raising it.

-r3dsquirell

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 10:42 am
Share: