Base size limit

Notifications
Clear all

Base size limit

Page 1 / 2
Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

There have been some massive bases on Chernarus, I know there was one removed from near Vybar, but there's also an enormous one near Balota. It's so big that my FPS drops by 15 and my ping goes up by 200 whenever I'm in the town. I can't even go in because it's so hard to play with the lag.  I think such large bases should be taken down and spread out so that it at least decrease the lag somewhat.

Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2017 3:06 pm
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

So...There are a few issues with this.

-If the balota base is causing you lag,  That's on you, not the server.

-bases, no matter the size, will not cause your ping to spike. Ping is your connection to the server.

-if base health is increased people wouldn't feel the need to build massive bases to protect our gear. I will continue to build large bases because in the state the server is in, That's what you have to do to keep gear safe.

-r3dsquirell

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 4:11 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

This is where you're wrong. The bases/buildables are all saved on the server, not on your own client, therefore if there are a lot of buildables on a server, sooner or later this will cause problems with Ping, since the server needs to keep you updated on where these bases/buildables are located.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 4:30 pm
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

That isn't how it works. Bases are only rendered when you get a certain distance away from them. That is when you get lag spikes, nothing related to ping.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 6:18 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

Rendered yes. However to get it rendered, every buildable has a corresponding x, y, z coordinate and their rotation, this is what is being sent from the server. If there's loads on the server, yes it will impact the ping.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 6:37 pm
SgtTNT
(@sgttnt)
Trusted Member Customer

the one near balota isnt a base its the sz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 6:44 pm
SgtTNT
(@sgttnt)
Trusted Member Customer

ALSO the server was just wiped and this is nothing compared to how it was before the wipe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2017 6:46 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

That is how it works, we're not talking FPS(render wise), we're talking ping(connection wise). Large amounts of buildables on a server DO affect ping, drastically. Why do you think we have to wipe the server after so long? Too many buildables cause the ping to skyrocket.

In the next wipe (a few days time) see for yourself:P

The sawzall (a tool with a secret power:O) will be removed upon the next wipe making it difficult for players to build huge structures very easily. This should eliminate the problem completely:) 

thanks for the suggestion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 9:34 am
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

if the sawzall is being removed then base health needs to be increased drastically until steve's rp bundle is removed. by drastically I mean maybe even up to 4x as much as it is now but i would love to hear other's thoughts on the subject.

-r3dsquirell

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 10:45 am
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

Making health nearly indestructable doesnt seem fair tbh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 12:16 pm
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

Raiding shouldn't be as simple as walking through NW, finding 1 minigun and walking through a base doesn't seem fair either. Also, raising it by 4-5x it is now wouldn't make it "nearly indestructible", it merely makes it so bases are relevant because I don't know if you've shot a gattling repeater at a base but it gives me flashbacks to the red hot knife memes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 12:44 pm
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

meant to say 1000 degree knife meme** my bad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 7:41 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

steve's rp bundle is a mess of a modpack, I'll sort something out

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 4:37 pm
Captain Autismo
(@captain-autismo)
Eminent Member Customer

if the saw is going then people are gonna start finding dozens of my hidden safes full of metal soon because that's where imma put all it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 5:07 pm
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

just a heads up, if you meant store it before the wipe there will be no point because it will be removed. however, i may have read that wrong so don't hate me. Rising Pride clan will have a sizable base up as soon as it wipes though. it will be the reincarnation of our old vybor base except way smaller and hopefully less laggy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 6:00 pm
Nylex reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: