Normal PvP server?

Notifications
Clear all

Normal PvP server?

Page 1 / 2
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

So, from what Nylex has said, I'm gathering that there will be new white-listed RP servers. Just an idea but maybe since chernarus is being reset maybe just convert it into a normal PvP server without roleplay. Seeing as everyone wants NWAF to be a kos zone anyways, and all the RP on chernarus is either "put your hands up!" or some small trade deals. There could still be safezones around the map for shops and such because some roleplay actually does happen there but nowhere else. This may also widen the community as there aren't many modded PvP servers out there. I think this would cut down on kosers on other servers because, forgive me if i'm wrong, but a lot of the player base, including myself, were more attracted by the mods and not the rp.(this statement could be completely wrong but feel free to say what brought you to the server). Again, just an idea but i would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

-r3dsquirell

Topic starter Posted : 13/06/2017 3:53 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member
  • Turning chernaurus only into a normal pvp server would confuse people a lot. There will be useless reports, people will stop rping, others servers will influence this as well. It will be an absolute mayhem
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 5:11 pm
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

90% of people don't RP on chernarus as is and I don't think it would cause much confusion as long as properly titled. The only influence i could see on the other servers would be a drop in kosers as they would all be on chernarus but that's just my theory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/06/2017 6:14 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

Look at the top left of the website. Is says "Unturned Roleplay". Also there is already an abundance of PvP servers on unturned, not that many RP servers though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 9:49 pm
R3dsorialPeak17
(@r3dsorialpeak17)
Eminent Member
Posted by: R3dsorialPeak17

Posted by: Opti

Look at the top left of the website. Is says "Unturned Roleplay". Also there is already an abundance of PvP servers on unturned, not that many RP servers though.

Bet... look through the server list and find me a server with decent ping and playerbase that doesn't mention RP... the unturned community is very lacking in the Modded Pvp area and I feel if Nylex made a server that had all the same mods and it wasn't RP  it would attract a lot of attention to the endless player base that enjoys modded pvp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2017 11:26 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 1:06 am
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

That doesn't necessarily mean every server on the network HAS to be rp though. If that's the case then what about WW3 conquest, Seattle gun game and WW2 deathmatch.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2017 4:34 am
HedgeMan
(@hedgeman)
Eminent Member

Rather than making Chernarus a PvP server, make multiple spots KOS such as NW and the other airport and all mili and high loot spots!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 7:14 am
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

I think that is the plan as is but the only thing that means is if outside the KOS zones you have to say hands up. There's really not much of a point to it. atleast that's my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2017 7:27 am
Pein
 Pein
(@pein)

Hedgeman you realize that every place is a high tier loot spot as you can get op guns and gear about everywhere because of the spawn tables and mods its insanely easy to get good loot so if you would have a kos zone wherever there is good loot well that means the whole server is a kos zone, i thinks its enough to have NW airfield as the only kos zone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 8:19 am
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

I would still love to see nylex's thoughts but i don't see any downside to this.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2017 8:31 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Well I see a very big downside: turning the most popular RP server we have running into a different server type.

The whole reason I started this site and all the servers is because I hate KOS PVP servers- go watch my latest video for my thoughts on regular pvp servers if ur interested (pls i need views). and not to mention turning it into a pvp server will ultimately just be giving in to the rule breakers. 

However I'm open to hosting separate pvp servers whilst keeping the current ones as they are. On the servers list you'll see the WW2, conquest and gungame are all under the Minigame servers section- I'd be open to considering a PVP section and hosting more servers, I'd probably wana ask the rest of the community first though. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 4:36 pm
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

I think the modpack you are using currently would be perfect for a PvP server, it's just not so good for RP.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2017 6:05 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

My vote is no on the PVP thing, This community is called Unturned Roleplay, it doesn't make sense in my head. If people want a pvp server with these mods, can't they make it themselves?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 11:11 pm
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

A solid majority of the people who voted for the NW being a KOS zone were all for it. this was just an idea but im pretty sure NW will be a kos zone after the wipe.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2017 11:22 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: