/Home but a lenghty...

Notifications
Clear all

/Home but a lenghty cooldown

Bill Nye
(@bill-nye)
Eminent Member

I think the /home mod/plugin would be a great addition to the rp servers just a suggestion and I think many others could agree

Topic starter Posted : 09/03/2017 3:28 am
Jack A. Nus
(@jack-a-nus)
Trusted Member

I've suggested this before, I think it would be a great addition personally. I mean, with a lengthy cool down and a timer, I don't see how it would be over powered.

-Jack

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2017 3:34 am
DaddyJokes
(@daddyjokes)
Estimable Member Customer

It will be difficult to raid bases.

People will make bases in air and /home

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2017 4:14 am
Bill Nye
(@bill-nye)
Eminent Member

What are you talking about that's what we need because of the fact that bases get raided within the day anyways. and this would also be one solution to helping base raides from happeing so often is /home because of air bases

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/03/2017 3:18 am
About_30_ninjas
(@about_30_ninjas)
Estimable Member

I personally think we should stay far away from the /home warp. It really breaks roleplay, Imagine you go out scavenging for an hour get some good loot. But on the way home you might get robbed or anything. But if you can just do /home and skip the trip whats the point in a roleplay server?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2017 3:41 am
OscarTheGrouch
(@shreader90)

About_30_ninjas, if you were concerned with the roleplay portion of it, I understand. BUT what if you have an alt character at base and you  have your friend tpa to the alt, and then you switch characters and tp to your friend. Its's the same thing just one is more complicated and it takes a friend. So currently people who base alone are disadvantaged. I do believe that if added, the /home command should take 15 seconds to activate and at least a 30-40 min cool down. With this cool down people may have to be strategic with using their /home command and may have to risk going out and going back without it. Also if people have vehicles this command is useless unless then want to ditch a vehicle (which usually gets stolen within an hour).

So considering this point, currently the only people suffering from a lack of /home are people who:

-People who are loners (typically a newer player)

-People who don't have a vehicle (also typically a newer player)

-People who are looking for more loot or mining (typically newer...they don't know about sawzall)

-People who accidentally hit their own barb wire and don't have a vehicle kit and have to walk all the way back to base to find their loot despawned

The people affected are the ones in the forums complaining and wanting change, this is one simple addition that will help them and the community in general.

I hope this thread is taken in deep consideration when thinking about the future of Nylex's servers. 

-Oscar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2017 5:57 pm
Share: