Whitelisted discuss...

Notifications
Clear all

Whitelisted discussion, suggestions, feedback, anything!

Page 1 / 3
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

As a lot of you know, the whitelisted server kinda turned into a shitelisted server pretty fast. Bringing them back it's evident we need improvements, so what a better way than to ask the actual players directly. If you have any ideas for improvements or just suggestions, things you'd like to see etc, I'd love to hear about them. I feel just staff presence would be a good start along with frequent events to keep things different and interesting:)

Topic starter Posted : 12/09/2017 11:00 am
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

1. Staff's present for work, Sire!

2. Let's try to make sure that all community members apart of Whitelisted are on the forums themselves, which brings me to 3...

3. All members should update their story frequently, update their actions and scopes, etc.

4. Establish some towns where people can meet, work, etc.

5. Make sure the economy itself works in the RP, so a doctor doesn't have four Grizzos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2017 2:30 pm
TheRagingLemon
(@theraginglemon)
Reputable Member Customer

Nylex, Please try to make your whitelist servers like your videos. I think that's what everyone wants. People want to enjoy the experience you go through to make your videos. People can have set roles in the safezones, like doctors, policemen or even shop owners, and out in the wild, there can be a mafia, militia or bandits. We do enjoy your videos and hope the whitelist servers do turn out like them. Only the mature people should be allowed into whitelist for it to work. I think it'll be much better and more awesome!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2017 11:37 pm
Nylex reacted
Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

I'd suggest adding information on the rules section about how to improv, improv tips, rules of improv, etc. as these can help with roleplay. You also have to make people realize that when you are on the WL server, getting better loot is not the number one driving force that it is on non-WL servers. On WL servers the driving goal should be keeping your character alive. Additionally, I think we should have to permanently require a character if they die in a valid way, for example getting killed by bandits or zombies. If they die to a glitch or a KoSer I think its fair for that character to be continued. I also think there should be more enemies, possibly staff could RP as bandits or villains. They wouldn't usually KoS or raid for no reason, but to get what they want and achieve their goals. Instead of them seeing a base and deciding to raid it they might leave bases alone. However, say, if a big alliance of survivors set up a base to team up and stamp out the bandits, they could decide to raid that base and get rid of the threat. I also think it would be cool if some players allied with the bad faction and set up their own roadblocks, ambushes, etc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2017 1:08 am
Nylex reacted
TheRagingLemon
(@theraginglemon)

Also, I think you should continue with the Life rp. I know some people do enjoy towns and places where there's action. Mainly like a GTA Roleplay server. We could have steam groups and people will have to apply to get a job like a Realtor or a police officer via application and the staff will have to review it. There could also be groups of bandits, thugs or a mafia that run the streets outside of the main towns. A map I would recommend is  H4KE http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=771647137&searchtext=H4KE  or TespyRP  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1091593453&searchtext=. I do want to you to continue it and I look foward to add suggestions to the Whitelist servers. Whether it's life or survival rp, I'll enjoy them anyways. Also, for the whitelist servers, can you bring back Overgrown 3+? I really did like that map and it's great for having rp towns like the one in the bombing raid. I think it'll be great since there are two built in safezones and a lot of open space to build more custom safezones. I do agree with Smo. I do like the idea that staff can roleplay as villans and they can set up and take over certian locations, like faction bases, and other staff members can set up events to take them back or raid a big faction base. I hope these suggestions will help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2017 4:40 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Great suggestions! I would agree that the server should be like how I portray the world to be in my videos. Having something in place to ensure not everyone has access to an inventory of shadowstalker mk IIs would be nice too lol, perhaps a plugin could be made that would help that. I'm thinking something that allows you to equip higher grade weapons only when your shooting skill tree is maxed for example. But to balance it out there should be other items available for other skill tree's with equal desire to stop everyone rushing to max out the skillset that lets you have big powerful guns. I'd still want it to make sense in terms of survival though, so not many items would be limited like this.

I also think using a different, less OP modpack would be nice. But what one!? there's like no good ones out there that will spawn on Chernarus D:

As for life rp, I am using Tespy RP, the server is set up but I just need to install a few plugins and it will be pretty much good to go:)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/09/2017 6:07 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin
Posted by: Big Smo

I'd suggest adding information on the rules section about how to improv, improv tips, rules of improv, etc. as these can help with roleplay. You also have to make people realize that when you are on the WL server, getting better loot is not the number one driving force that it is on non-WL servers. On WL servers the driving goal should be keeping your character alive. Additionally, I think we should have to permanently require a character if they die in a valid way, for example getting killed by bandits or zombies. If they die to a glitch or a KoSer I think its fair for that character to be continued. I also think there should be more enemies, possibly staff could RP as bandits or villains. They wouldn't usually KoS or raid for no reason, but to get what they want and achieve their goals. Instead of them seeing a base and deciding to raid it they might leave bases alone. However, say, if a big alliance of survivors set up a base to team up and stamp out the bandits, they could decide to raid that base and get rid of the threat. I also think it would be cool if some players allied with the bad faction and set up their own roadblocks, ambushes, etc.

yeah that's what I was thinking, if you've ever played Arma Dayz, the staff would sort of be the same as the AI missions in that. Bandits trying to achieve a certain task and the server has to stop them. Because we are real people and not AI though, we can make it much more in depth and sophisticated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/09/2017 6:09 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

There shouldn't be a rule board with improv. - if you've been accepted to the Whitelist itself, you should already know this (same with the other improv. suggestions).

But yes, you have my agreement when it comes to "survivalist" trait. The "hard" mode is pretty damn hard, at least on Vanilla. Zombies have supernatural speed and awareness, damage, unstoppable bleeding, etc. Not only would it make emergency services (so to speak, this is post-apoc, so when I say ES, I mean stuff like ambulatory doctors, etc.).

I'll definitely be playing on a day-to-day bases, I'll be able to set up stuff & do other deeds whenever they need to be done, as a staff member.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2017 8:34 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

more memez dis tym, last tym not much m3m3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2017 7:15 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hard mode is very fitting for the server, I just don't like all the types of zombies that come along with it, kinda breaks immersion (like Unturned was immersive in the first place right?), so what do you think about having it on hard but with special zombies turned off?

If there's any other config suggestions holla, you get a surprising amount of freedom when configuring a server 😀

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/09/2017 10:33 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin
Posted by: MrRawr

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/09/2017 10:39 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member
Posted by: Nylex

Posted by: MrRawr

1. thats awesome.

2. Im tired of giving so many suggestions. 'Make servers rp again!' wasnt enough?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2017 2:46 pm
Nylex reacted
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

A week has almost passed.

Let us open the Whitelist server, father!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/09/2017 4:53 pm
Dolan
(@dolan)

If you do end up making it hard mode please turn off gun durability 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2017 11:16 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member
Posted by: DolanDuck

If you do end up making it hard mode please turn off gun durability 

Maybe, I agree. Maybe make the guns a LOT more durable - Hard is really idiotic on durability.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2017 11:37 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: