White Listed Server...

Notifications
Clear all

White Listed Server Rant

R3dsorialPeak17
(@r3dsorialpeak17)
Eminent Member

I personally cant wait for the whitelisted Rp servers to come out.  Ive never really been the one to Role Play I've mostly played PVP servers but ever since joining these servers it has brought light into my eyes.  In the very little amount of RP that actually happens on the non-whitelisted servers I have had a lot of fun talking to people and clans, teaming with others, making enemies with players, and Trading at SZs.  It has been a fun experience but I feel the majority of the actually Role Player individuals on the server are dying out due to the lack in "Legit" RP and the immense amount of KOS from Randys joining the server to play like a pvp server and them not caring if they are banned.

As well as nobody cares to take the time and create a unique character on the current server because they just don't care enough they'd rater just play.  I feel that when these server come out it should be mandatory for the players to make a forums post describing their character and his/her entire backstory leading up to the current day.  Including a specific "Role Play" name that must be used at all times ingame [example: Mike Shultz] not just a gamertag [example: R3dsorialPeak17]. 

This would make for some epic RP situations including being able to remember people who robbed you, knowing who is a bandit and who is a hero, Just take Nylex's Videos... That is what legit RP should look like....

~Just My Rant On The Subject    R3dsorialPeak17

feel free to add

Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2017 2:48 am
Nylex reacted
R3dsorialPeak17
(@r3dsorialpeak17)
Eminent Member

I feel that the unturned RP community would be very successful if they followed the Rules/structure of DayzRP: https://www.dayzrp.com/whitelist/rules/

Here is also a video on Good/Bad RP on DayzRP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyK9I1DNK7Q

If Nylex made all/most off the rules on his whitelisted unturned servers follow these guidelines I feel this would be the most successful RP community on Unturned

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2017 4:08 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I agree completely, glad you're excited. I am too:D

Only a few more days now... applications will be open very very soon!

jeez that dayzrp site isn't liking me, I can't seem to sign in or even create an account, and when I do it still doesn't let me see those rules. Do you mind screenshotting them and posting here? I'd love to see them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 4:50 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

I disagree to the fact that people should write an application to join whitelisted servers. 

The whitelisted servers should remain hidden and no word should pass around. Nylex and staff should handpick the players they feel are good members and rpers. If the whitelisted servers were open for all, everyone would make applications and lie in them. What would once be called 'whitelisted' would soon become no other than the regular servers. 

Other than that, I totally agree that people should make a backstory and such. 

Also, ranting is my job. How dare you.. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2017 5:41 pm
R3dsorialPeak17
(@r3dsorialpeak17)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Nylex

jeez that dayzrp site isn't liking me, I can't seem to sign in or even create an account, and when I do it still doesn't let me see those rules. Do you mind screenshotting them and posting here? I'd love to see them.

here is the majority of the rules from DayzRp not all would apply to unturned but most could

5.1 You are required to role play your character at all times while in game. No OOC events or communication may take priority over your role play. You are not allowed to ignore other players attempts to role play with you.

• 5.2 Your character must follow our lore and their back story must fit well within the current lore. Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in.
  • 5.3 You may not focus on out of character gains to the detriment of RP. "Rule play" is prioritizing rules and OOC information above more appropriate IC actions or behavior. Always prioritize role play over rule play.
  • 5.4 OOC communication can be done only through text chat and only when absolutely necessary. You may not use OOC chat to casually chat with other players in game. You may not speak OOC using ingame voice. Use the "//" prefix to indicate OOC text communication.
  • 5.5 Do not impersonate another individual or group in a way that will cause IC or OOC harm or conflict to him, his group, or their reputation.
  • 5.6 Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage and threatened with death if you don't stop.
  • 5.7 We employ a zero tolerance policy towards those who engage in abusive or immature role play such as rape, extreme racism, extremism, nazism or otherwise abusive or offensive subjects. Such actions are grounds for permanent removal from this community.
  • 5.8 Dying for a different spawn point or respawning while being in the unconscious state is considered a breach of the no value for life rule. The only exceptions are bugs/glitches/sitting in the state for a long time.

6 Hostilities

Hostile actions are player interactions where you or your group members lives are threatened by other players, or you are forced to do something against your will under threat of violence. For example, if someone is telling you to drop your weapon and put your hands up or else you will die, he is committing a hostile action against you. Hostile actions can often be very complicated involving multiple people and groups, which makes newcomers especially vulnerable to punishments for rule breaks in this category.

• 6.1 You must always have a valid in character reason which would justify a hostile situation. See also rule 5.3.
  • 6.2 Demands during hostile situations must be made clear and unambiguous to all players.
  • 6.3 When initiating hostile action upon a vehicle you must always use text to prevent miscommunication.
  • 6.4 You may not bait other players into situations where you use kill rights or self-defense (see rule 7.2) due to their response to your provoking actions.
  • 6.5 You may not place devices like traps or mines in towns and populated locations. Those devices may only be placed in the wilderness, as part of your camp defenses.
  • 6.6 Short robberies that have little role play involved are considered as BadRP, therefore will be punished accordingly.

7 Kill rights

Kill on Sight means killing another player without any role play interaction or IC justification. Always confirm your targets in game - if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk a KoS.
Kill rights are fictional, OOC permissions acquired by players that allow them to kill another player for a limited amount of time without any role play interaction. Kill rights are usually obtained after other players have initiated a hostile situation upon you or your group, which allows you to defend yourself or retaliate with deadly force.

• 7.1 Killing another player must always be justified with role play. See also rule 5.3.
  • 7.2 Players gain kill rights when a hostile action is taken against them or their group, or when their characters life is at risk. These rights last for 2 hours after last interaction during the hostile situation and can be used as long as their use do not conflict with any other rules like NLR or NVFL.
  • 7.3 Kill rights are only shared between group members if the group's members are within 500m of the situation taking place or have a direct line of sight.
  • 7.4 Kill rights gained from any rule breaks (including but not limited to baiting, invalid initiation) are considered invalid and their use will be punished in the same way as if the kill rights were not obtained.
  • 7.5 Remember that kill rights are still subject to rule 5.2. You shouldn't use kill rights in situations where it doesn't make in-character sense as it can be seen as rule play. In other words, obtaining kill rights alone does not give you explicit permission to use them. Think about if using kill rights is viable in the current situation.

8 Hostages

If you do a hostile action on a player and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage.

• 8.1 You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival.
  • 8.2 A character that is taken hostage may only be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the character was responsible for, or participated in the incident.
  • 8.3 When making demands to people attempting to rescue the hostage, they must be unambiguous and reasonable. For example, you cannot demand that somebody puts their own life at risk or else the hostage will be shot.
  • 8.4 When attempting to rescue a hostage you must be able to contact the hostage takers on the DayZRP TeamSpeak for negotiations. The negotiations must be done directly between the two parties. The hostage may not be used as a way to contact the rescuers.
  • 8.5 Hostages may only be killed in the following scenarios:
    • 8.5.1 Hostages do not comply with your demands or pose a direct threat to you or your group.
    • 8.5.2 Hostages do not value their life, for example they continuously talk back or insult you despite being told to keep quiet.
    • 8.5.3 The rescue party refuses to negotiate and open fire, after the hostage takers contacted them on the radio.
    • 8.5.4 Demands from negotiations have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed. Demands must be realistic and reasonable, without putting the rescue party in direct danger.
  • 8.6 Stripping a character naked in order to access their items is considered BadRP. If you wish to access the items you either have to tie up the said person or emote checking them for items (for example: "*searches the man and takes all the things found in his clothes* // drop the items you have in your clothes").
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2017 5:57 pm
R3dsorialPeak17
(@r3dsorialpeak17)
Eminent Member

OCC- Out Of Character

IC- In Character

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2017 5:58 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

looks awesome, I watched that video you linked too- very hardcore RP, I like it 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2017 12:09 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

Those rules look perfect. What we have now is more like rule play, where it's technically roleplay but everyone is trying to push the boundaries of it in order to get good loot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2017 2:40 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

MrRawr, how else are people supposed to join? have you not seen any other whitelisted servers for different games, application process is a great way

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 2:11 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Applications are a good way, however how would you find out if a new player is worthy to join whitelisted. Or how a guy is telling the truth about him and all nice things about him Yada Yada and when he actually joins the server he starts kosing and stuff

I was thinking something a bit more covert, like the staff should handpick the people good at rping and invite them to whitelisted servers if they agree

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 6:43 pm
Staggs
(@staggs)
Active Member Customer

MrRawr, it seems what you wanted didn't go, we got applications now lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2017 11:30 pm
dontmindme
(@dontmindme)
Estimable Member Customer
Posted by: R3dsorialPeak17

Posted by: Nylex

here is the majority of the rules from DayzRp not all would apply to unturned but most could

5.1 You are required to role play your character at all times while in game. No OOC events or communication may take priority over your role play. You are not allowed to ignore other players attempts to role play with you.

• 5.2 Your character must follow our lore and their back story must fit well within the current lore. Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in.
  • 5.3 You may not focus on out of character gains to the detriment of RP. "Rule play" is prioritizing rules and OOC information above more appropriate IC actions or behavior. Always prioritize role play over rule play.
  • 5.4 OOC communication can be done only through text chat and only when absolutely necessary. You may not use OOC chat to casually chat with other players in game. You may not speak OOC using ingame voice. Use the "//" prefix to indicate OOC text communication.
  • 5.5 Do not impersonate another individual or group in a way that will cause IC or OOC harm or conflict to him, his group, or their reputation.
  • 5.6 Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage and threatened with death if you don't stop.
  • 5.7 We employ a zero tolerance policy towards those who engage in abusive or immature role play such as rape, extreme racism, extremism, nazism or otherwise abusive or offensive subjects. Such actions are grounds for permanent removal from this community.
  • 5.8 Dying for a different spawn point or respawning while being in the unconscious state is considered a breach of the no value for life rule. The only exceptions are bugs/glitches/sitting in the state for a long time.

6 Hostilities

Hostile actions are player interactions where you or your group members lives are threatened by other players, or you are forced to do something against your will under threat of violence. For example, if someone is telling you to drop your weapon and put your hands up or else you will die, he is committing a hostile action against you. Hostile actions can often be very complicated involving multiple people and groups, which makes newcomers especially vulnerable to punishments for rule breaks in this category.

• 6.1 You must always have a valid in character reason which would justify a hostile situation. See also rule 5.3.
  • 6.2 Demands during hostile situations must be made clear and unambiguous to all players.
  • 6.3 When initiating hostile action upon a vehicle you must always use text to prevent miscommunication.
  • 6.4 You may not bait other players into situations where you use kill rights or self-defense (see rule 7.2) due to their response to your provoking actions.
  • 6.5 You may not place devices like traps or mines in towns and populated locations. Those devices may only be placed in the wilderness, as part of your camp defenses.
  • 6.6 Short robberies that have little role play involved are considered as BadRP, therefore will be punished accordingly.

7 Kill rights

Kill on Sight means killing another player without any role play interaction or IC justification. Always confirm your targets in game - if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk a KoS.
Kill rights are fictional, OOC permissions acquired by players that allow them to kill another player for a limited amount of time without any role play interaction. Kill rights are usually obtained after other players have initiated a hostile situation upon you or your group, which allows you to defend yourself or retaliate with deadly force.

• 7.1 Killing another player must always be justified with role play. See also rule 5.3.
  • 7.2 Players gain kill rights when a hostile action is taken against them or their group, or when their characters life is at risk. These rights last for 2 hours after last interaction during the hostile situation and can be used as long as their use do not conflict with any other rules like NLR or NVFL.
  • 7.3 Kill rights are only shared between group members if the group's members are within 500m of the situation taking place or have a direct line of sight.
  • 7.4 Kill rights gained from any rule breaks (including but not limited to baiting, invalid initiation) are considered invalid and their use will be punished in the same way as if the kill rights were not obtained.
  • 7.5 Remember that kill rights are still subject to rule 5.2. You shouldn't use kill rights in situations where it doesn't make in-character sense as it can be seen as rule play. In other words, obtaining kill rights alone does not give you explicit permission to use them. Think about if using kill rights is viable in the current situation.

8 Hostages

If you do a hostile action on a player and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage.

• 8.1 You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival.
  • 8.2 A character that is taken hostage may only be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the character was responsible for, or participated in the incident.
  • 8.3 When making demands to people attempting to rescue the hostage, they must be unambiguous and reasonable. For example, you cannot demand that somebody puts their own life at risk or else the hostage will be shot.
  • 8.4 When attempting to rescue a hostage you must be able to contact the hostage takers on the DayZRP TeamSpeak for negotiations. The negotiations must be done directly between the two parties. The hostage may not be used as a way to contact the rescuers.
  • 8.5 Hostages may only be killed in the following scenarios:
    • 8.5.1 Hostages do not comply with your demands or pose a direct threat to you or your group.
    • 8.5.2 Hostages do not value their life, for example they continuously talk back or insult you despite being told to keep quiet.
    • 8.5.3 The rescue party refuses to negotiate and open fire, after the hostage takers contacted them on the radio.
    • 8.5.4 Demands from negotiations have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed. Demands must be realistic and reasonable, without putting the rescue party in direct danger.
  • 8.6 Stripping a character naked in order to access their items is considered BadRP. If you wish to access the items you either have to tie up the said person or emote checking them for items (for example: "*searches the man and takes all the things found in his clothes* // drop the items you have in your clothes").

What are the rules from 1.1-5? Or are they just things that arn't important for RP?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2017 5:24 am
Share: