Dutch cartoon seen ...

Notifications
Clear all

Dutch cartoon seen as racist.

Ethanol
(@ethanol)

I posted a Dutch cartoon on the discord featuring a photo of an African tribe and then a guy saying 'N-words, this must be Africa.' 

I was muted after this. I do not believe It is a fair mute as within the context of the use it isnt racist. I enjoy the study of history and I just found it interesting how times have changed compared to back then. I saw no rule banning use of the N word so I believed I was in the clear to post it. I did not post it with the intent to offend any particular groups of people but just to comment on how times have changed.

That's all I have to say.

-Ethanol

Topic starter Posted : 16/10/2019 8:56 pm
Topic Tags
VTM
 VTM
(@vtm)

Depends on the admin tbf because all Dyaln (an admin) does when hes on the server is say the n-word all the time so.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2019 5:27 am
VTM
 VTM
(@vtm)

Mighta been bob since I think hes Dutch and he also hates the N-word so. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2019 6:01 am
Shagger
(@marmalademan)
Estimable Member Customer

i think its fair to say that this was a racist meme tbh lol. its obviously not clear that you didnt intend to be racist, so u shoulda put something like "jk jk" at the end.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2019 3:17 pm
crazy bob
(@crazy-bob)
Honorable Member Customer

I was not the one who muted you for posting this, but yes; it's a very racist cartoon.

Your excuse for posting it does not hold water.

It's a bit like posting swastika's and claim, when being confronted about it, that you are interested in the history of WW2.

Also, this is a discord for kids playing a game, not one for history buffs so I really dont get why you would post something like that there other then to troll or being a racist asshat.

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by crazy bob
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2019 4:09 pm
Shagger reacted
Qyl
 Qyl
(@qyl)
Trusted Member Customer

If its racist chuck it in the bin 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2019 3:43 am
Ethanol
 Ethanol
(@Ethanol)
New Member Guest

. Me posting a swastika a symbol of extremism (even in it's era) and saying oh no I just like world war 2 is different from posting a cartoon of its era that wasn't deemed extreme and saying it's interesting how times have changed. Also posting a swastika isnt even offensive its a symbol so like yea. If I used the swastika in some neo nazi propaganda maybe. ok liberal. 

PS I asked for how long I had been muted for ages ago and I haven't heard shit back

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2019 1:02 pm
Ethanol
 Ethanol
(@Ethanol)
New Member Guest

oh and secondly there is not a single rule saying no use of the N word or racist cartoons so uh get roger roger'd. 

I think it is fair to assume that you would tolerate it as a result. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2019 1:03 pm
Ethanol
 Ethanol
(@Ethanol)
New Member Guest

▬▬▬ :discord: DISCORD RULES AND GUIDELINES :discord:  ▬▬▬
:pencil: Rules
   ► Please don't advertise here
   ► NSFW Content is not welcome here
   ►
#suggestions is strictly used for posting legitimate suggestions for the server, no discussion or chatter in that channel
   ► If you need help, just ping
@Admin and someone will assist you if available:)
:robot: Bots
   ► Please use bot commands in respective channels
   ► Summon the music bot in
#music and check the pins for a list of commands

That's a copy of the rules ok?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2019 1:06 pm
Shagger
(@marmalademan)

learn to use common sense, ofc racism isnt allowed in the discord, also you don’t need to send a copy of the rules lmfao.

you ignored my point, you didnt make it out as a joke so you cant blame anyone for thinking its racist. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2019 11:58 am
Shagger
(@marmalademan)

on top of this, you seriously dont think posting a swastika is offensive? are you braindead?

you are also genuinely using “liberal” as an insult which is like just dumb in itself lol, it also was the “liberal” countries who countered the slave trade.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2019 12:00 pm
Gacy
 Gacy
(@boii)
Reputable Member

No.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/11/2019 4:17 pm
Share: