Notifications
Clear all

Whitelist Application

Mental Bacon
(@mental-bacon)

How old are you?: 16

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Yes

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: Because i want to find a server with a mature community and where people communicate.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): Yes, on Arma 3 i used to play on USG Takistan, a public server with a surprisingly mature community before it died.

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic:

Jebediah "Jeb" Bush (1967) was a former tank commander in the U.S. Army. He was a corporal commanding the crew of an M1A1 MBT at the start of Operation Desert Storm, and by its end was promoted to the rank of Sergeant First Class. In the war his crew achieved 27 confirmed kills and destroyed 12 enemy tanks.

BEFORE THE INFECTION: After the war, Jeb established himself in San Diego, California, becoming a police officer. He married Ann Frank (1968), the owner of a local diner in 1993. In 1995, Jeb assisted in the shooting of Shawn Nelson and putting an end to his rampage. Two weeks later his son, David Bush, was born in the Sharp Memorial Hospital. In 1997 Jeb got struck in the shoulder while chasing a suspect. The suspect shot Jeb with a .44 Magnum but his recovery was quick. In 1998 Jeb's mother unfortunately died in her sleep after suffering a heart attack. His father died shortly after. In 2001, following the september 11 attacks, Jeb tried to re-enroll in the army but his request was denied. In 2013 a group of 3 latino gang members tried to break into Jeb's house. He responded by shooting them and killing one.

THE FIRST DAYS: In 2014, when the infection was announced over the radio, Jeb was very skeptical about it. When the location of the evac point was broadcasted, he took a few minutes to realise it was real. His wife and his son convinced him to go to the evac point. Upon arrival, a private told them only women and children could be evacuated with the first ship and that all adults have to help defend the compound. Although his son was 19, they let him on board. The evac point was soon overrun by the infected and Jeb was one of the fifteen defending survivors. After a week of trying to establish contact with high command and regroup for an assault on the infected areas the fifteen survivors met with a USMC recon platoon that led them to an armored company stationed in the state of Oregon. They secured a couple hundred of survivors and were preparing for an attack on Seattle, where a Nimitz class aircraft carrier was docked at the time the outbreak was announced.

THE ATTACK ON SEATTLE: After a couple of days the company was organised and ready to attack. Jeb led a tank platoon tasked with securing the southern outskirts of the city so no more infected could get in. It all went well except for the failure to blow up the bridge connecting Seattle and Kirkland. The squad tasked with this mission was pinned down by a rebel group that ambushed them at a chokepoint. Jeb was then ordered to send in a tank section of his to support the squad. He chose to go there himself with the support of the 4th tank in his platoon. His section wiped out the enemy rebels with the tank machineguns but the buildings the US soldiers were in collaspsed, killing them. One of the rebels must have had a dead-man's switch wired to some explosives in those buildings. Not having any HE shells in the tanks, but only sabot and MPAT, the crews had to call in an artillery fire mission on the bridge. It took almost 5 minutes for the artillery to zero in their shots, time in which Jeb's section had to hold off against hundreds of infected coming from the bridge. And after an hour, Seattle was secured. But it wouldn't last for long. The civilians moved in fast and boarded the carrier before more infected could arrive from outside the city. I might write more some other day but now im pretty tired.

SUMMARY: Jeb is an ex-military tank commander and ace.

He knows everything a man can know about armored warfare and can handle most AR-15 style weapons.

Being an ex-cop, he can handle suspects with relative ease.

He is haunted every night by the squad he couldnt save in Seattle. 

He is determined to reunite with his family.

Steam profile URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MentalBacon

Topic starter Posted : 09/03/2018 4:35 pm
Fisher
(@fisher)

Typical stale military application. Holy fuck you cant even count from 1997 to 2014, thats not 19 years. Its hard to make a app THAT stale.

-Typical soldier, trying to be a hero
-All i read is military. Theres barely a sentence without him doing military shit or beeing a badass.
-Totally one sided character developement.

Given i checked your steam profile to see who the fuck makes such a application, i gotta say im not suprised. Back with u to Rains WW2 server or your Warthunder. I dont see u having any RP potential here. Oh and btw, spam the forums again and my wrath will rain down on you.

Lata,
Fisher

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2018 12:30 pm
Procrast
(@procrast)
Eminent Member Customer

OH FIRE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2018 7:35 am
VladTepes
(@vladtepes)