Notifications
Clear all

redcrayon's Whitelist Application for Amanda Harding

redcrayon
(@redcrayon)

How old are you?: 29

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Yes, English is my first language.

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: I've always had passion for roleplay, and the game Unturned. I'd like to immerse myself in an environment where I can create some great stories with like-minded people!

Do you have a working microphone?: No. (As a deaf player in real life, I prefer to roleplay via the local chatbox as I am unable to hear others when they speak. I do hope this doesn't restrict my application!)

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): I have indeed. I started roleplaying back in '99 on Star Trek: Elite Force, and I never looked back. We had some awesome times on that game, and from there I moved to Neverwinter Nights, where I still play to this day! I've clocked up thousands of hours on roleplaying servers in fantasy, post-apocalyptic, cyberpunk and many other genres. I've also roleplayed on games like Ark: Survival Evolved (another whitelist server) and several MMORPGs.

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic:

Name: Amanda Harding
Hometown: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5ft 2

Amanda these days looks rough. Her survival hasn't come easy, but somehow she's managed. Beneath the dirt and grime that she's so accustomed to however, you can see vestiges of the pretty young woman she used to be. A student of English Literature before the apocalypse, she was travelling the world on her gap year when the proverbial shit hit the proverbial fan. Alone in a place she barely knew, every day has been a struggle.

She comes from an ordinary family; a mother, a father, and an older brother. She didn't have the best start in life though, with both her parents being in and out of work, money was scarce as a child. Anything she wanted, she tended to have to find for herself; a skill that has come to great use in recent times. She knuckled down hard in school, determined to better her life. Having always had a passion for writing, Amanda applied for and was accepted to study for her BA in English Literature at the University of Liverpool. 

Student life proved to be a real eye-opener for Amanda. Finally able to shed the stereotypes of someone from a poor family that burdened her in her youth, Amanda flourished in university. She joined many activity clubs, and kept very fit. Her favourite by far was archery, where she found herself to be a real natural at the sport. 

Having had a part time job as a barista for several years, she'd saved up enough money to travel, and decided to push back her final year of study to see the world. She visited many countries and immersed herself wholly in other cultures, and was truly loving life. It was while she was on this journey though, that her whole world changed.

Now she finds herself cold, alone, and starving in a world inhabited by creatures ripped straight from her nightmares.

Steam profile URL:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/missingmarblez

Topic starter Posted : 19/01/2018 3:48 am
Share: