Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Marths Niles (DMAST3R's Whitelist Application)

Dmast3r
(@dmast3r)
New Member Customer

Q: How old are you?
A:
19 years old of age, Romanian nationality.

Q: Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?
A:
Indeed I am (don't mean to brag but, C1 in Advanced Cambridge).

Q: Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?
A:
I highly enjoy roleplaying and enjoy it even more when done live and when following a certain scenario. I have come across Nylex's Youtube channel which directed me towards roleplaying on the Unturned Servers but, from what I have noticed, not all servers are strictly dedicated to roleplay. Due to this, I decided to give the Whitelist roleplay community a try, perhaps it would be the experience I am searching for.

Q: Do you have a working microphone?
A: 
I am using my laptop's incorporated microphone but, I am working on getting an Audio Splitter for my pair of in-ear headphones. The sound is clear enough and I am understandable... unless you're French... French people seem to struggle with my voice every now and then...

Q: Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!)
A: Of course, I have been roleplaying on various sites and platforms for about 3 consecutive years now: Roleplay.me, Twitter, Discord, and Skype. I have less experience when it comes to in-game roleplay but, it is not a major impairment as I am able to improvise on the spot.

D(emand?): Character background
Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic:

"From billions to thousands, the story of a single man."

• Name: Marths Niles (Niles family name)
  • Nicknames: "Billy-boy yeee-hah!", Corporal Mars
  • Nationality: Romanian (has a Sweedish accent due to being raised in Sweeden for a long period of time)
  • Zodiac: Saggitarius 
  • Handedness: Right-handed
  • Backstory:

The unlikely candidate for a crucial last attempt at saving humanity. "From future to past, can he change the present?"

Marths' story starts long after the fall of humanity and at the culminant end of its remains. 27 years into the future and the population of Earth has been reduced to mere thousands from the once billions of people roaming the planet freely. No safe havens remain and humanity is forced to retreat under the ground due to nuclear winter setting in. Without men to control the nuclear power plants, the Earth is slowly turned into an unlivable chunk of waste and radiation forcing even the last survivors of this living nightmare to seek shelter under the ground, devoid of the sun's light for years to come. Marths was born a couple of years before the nuclear winter had set in, giving him some time to understand the outside world and not be born in a lightless cavern sometime later. Born in Romania, his parents, a head researcher of a virus cure development team and a soldier that knew no better than to shoot twice before making sure someone or something is dead, 5 years after his birth, they made their way to Sweeden in order to offer help with a mobile team tasked with the virus research. Here, Marths spends around 7 years of his life before the worldwide catastrophe slowly begins to eat away at the still somewhat intact survivors. 

Once underground, Marths begins military training at the age of 15 with an ex-military corp, namely his father. Due to having two parents that were so different in their jobs and vocations, it was quite hard to balance the knowledge gotten from the two. Eventually, he'd end up as an average soldier with some knowledge about a few science fields such as medicine and mechanic. For such a little over the average guy, what would life even spare? Turns out that soon after his 6th year under the ground, he is given the chance of seeing the irradiated earth above them once again. A risky play is at work and feeling the need to prove himself as being something more than another mediocre dweller, Marths grabs the opportunity and enlists the mobile search team. This team was tasked with one objective alone: "Locate the 2 UFOs that have crashed onto Earth more than almost a century ago." One last attempt at securing humanity's future is made and a long search with straining obstacles awaits the youngster.

Devoid of human life, the world is nothing but hostile to the brave volunteers and with nothing more than a few simple documents filled with unverified information, the search team is required to start treasure hunt for the Holy Grail. During this 3 years long search, Marths' father, also enlisted in the search team, dies from infection, leaving his legacy to his young and still inexperienced son, an event which had a great impact on the heartbroken the youngster. This caused Marths to rapidly mature despite his still young age. After one more year, the search team recovers the alien technology and returns to the last settlement supposedly existing in the world, where a "crazy enough that it might just work" idea is sparked. A creation out of a Sci-Fi movie brings about one last fruitful hope to the strained survivors, a Time Machine. Through the work of brilliant minds that have left all senses of ethics and logic far behind, mankind is about to break a dangerous rule to the dangerous game of life.

The required amount of energy is immense so, sending more than a couple of people if not only one person is impossible. A few candidates are selected, out of which, now Corporal Mars is the first to test the theory of time travel. With a valiant heart and teary eyes, one of humanity's soldier steps inside the machine and bids farewell to everyone and everything. He cannot hope to die in this experiment as his mission requires fulfillment. In the blink of an eye, Corporal Mars awakens in the midst of green fields surrounded by forestry, unknowledgeable of his location. If the year was correct then, he was placed right before the outbreak of the virus and the birth of patient zero... only that, the year is far from correct. Instead of being sent long enough in time, Corporal Mars ended up in the middle of the outbreak.

• Flaws: 
    - Despite his maturity Marths still looks quite young and paired with his constant rambling about having to save the future, grants him the title of "This kid's insane" which often leads to unfortunate lack of trust
    - He comes from a time in which all people help each other and as such is completely devoid of the concept of raiders, bandits or criminals
    - If he befriends someone, he starts needing their emotional support due to alienation with this time period and society
    - Quick to trust people and usually way more kind-hearted than needed
    - Obedient to higher-ranking military personnel
  • Skills
    - Knows some stuff about medical discipline and engineering, mostly his way with medical supplies and common diseases and tinkering with vehicles
    - Military training, he knows how to hold a weapon and shoot it way better than your average civilian
    - Can say "I knew you would say that" to anything because he's from the future

• Steam profile URL:  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065263988/

Some final words:
Yes, the story is somewhat absurd but, due to the way Marths' character acts, he can be viewed as either a Messiah from the future or that crazy bastard who's been eating too much, irradiated food. Of course, that at first glance one might not want to have anything to do with him but, once a bond is formed and his story is heard then, surely people's opinion will change dramatically. Imagine that in less than 50 years, humanity will be at its last and, absurd theories will be turned into exact science in order to break through and take any chance, regardless of the risk, to change everything!

Topic starter Posted : 19/03/2018 5:58 pm
Leni Smith
(@leni-smith)
Eminent Member

Time travel? Interesting, I've never seen something like that xd

Anyway, good Job man.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2018 9:30 pm
Fisher
(@fisher)

If this would be a serious app, you would be accepted, but given its pretty much totally not realistic in any way (timetravel my ass):

Denied. I almost wanna say dont apply again after reading THAT, but lets see if u can get ur realistic mind together, Trunks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2018 9:51 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

On the whitelisted server we strive for realism. Bending the fabric of space and time with some disgruntled scientist in the bottom of a cave, is not what we consider to be realism. Nor Aliens. Because while it is likely there are extra-terrestrials out there. The likely hood that we will ever meet them or they visit us is slim to none. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2018 9:59 pm
Dmast3r
(@dmast3r)
New Member Customer

I mean, wasn't in the server lore the fact that two UFOs have crashed onto our planet, Earth? More or less, considering it is the Earth of Unturned... Isn't that sufficing as proof for the contact with extraterrestrial life? 

How about time traveling to the future then? That is completely possible if one orbits around the outer edge of a black hole and...

Yare Yare Daze, looks like I'll have to redo this bio. Can I post it here again or just make another topic?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/03/2018 12:24 am
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Your choice if you wish to make another topic or just respond to this one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2018 5:18 pm
danalby2
(@danalby2)
Estimable Member

Just like potion flinga queen said... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2018 11:40 am
Share: