Notifications
Clear all

HuggableMass1's Whitelist Application

HuggableMass1
(@huggablemass1)
New Member Customer

How old are you?: 19

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Born and raised in USA so yes

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: I want to be able to live out a story for my character without having to worry about getting killed by some guy who thinks he is Rambo.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, although I am getting a better one in a few weeks.

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): Yes, I had a stint in DayZ but mainly on Minecraft servers where I was usually off doing my own thing.

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic: 

My name is Han Wilde, and up until a few weeks ago, I thought that the Russians were enemy number one.

I was stationed with 9 others in a secret NATO listening outpost 50 feet beneath the Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve outside of Sulina, Romania. Our job was to intercept, de-code, and pass along all of the radio chatter coming from the Sevastopol. I'd like to tell you about all of the cool stuff we were learning spying on the Russian fleet outside of city, but the majority of our job was to make sure that the recording equipment was working and that there were no nukes pointed at D.C. Since the "return" of eastern Ukraine to the Russians, the chatter had mostly been celebratory, as if they had liberated that part of the country. But everything changed on July 5th, when the fleet just went radio silent, and after we brought up the satellite imagery, we saw that they were no longer there. When we found them again, we saw that they were moving at top speed towards the Kerch Strait and into the Sea of Azov. It's safe to say that the Russians are not known for their hasty retreats from nothing.

Before I continue the story, I feel as though I should tell a little about myself. I don’t know where or when exactly I was born. That may sound impossible, but I was found in front of a firehouse in San Francisco when I was only a few weeks old, no note or anything. Growing up in the foster system was not easy, and I certainly did not make it any easier. I am a natural introvert and as such would always appear to not be listening. I also had some pretty serious abandonment issues and so I learned to spend my time by myself. To make a long and rather boring story short, I decided that I wanted to join the CIA and go overseas to try and remake myself. I finished the training and was sent to Turkey as an attache to a Marine listening post with the sole purpose of keeping an eye on the conflict in Syria. After a few months of this, I was transferred to the listening post underneath the Danube Delta. But back to the story at hand.

After we saw that the fleet had moved out of our range, we were not sure what to do. To keep our position a secret, we were kept in total isolation for 3 months at a time. This means we had no internet connection, no phone lines, and the only way to communicate with our higher-ups was through telegraph and even that had to be done in segments of only a few words at a time in order to minimize the risk of being found. We sent out a request for new orders, but heard nothing back that day. Or for the next 4 months to follow. We were not sure what to do, we had enough food, water, and air to last the 10 of us 3 years, but the boredom was getting to some. I managed to stay sane thanks to my growing up alone, so this was not very hard. Of the ten of us that started out, 4 left a little after a month, which is against regulation but nobody was going to stop them. After about 2 and a half months 2 others killed themselves. This was probably due to the fact that while we could not talk to anyone, we could watch what was happening with the satellites. The two that killed themselves were from Berlin, Germany and PEI, Canada respectively. They both watched as both of their homes were destroyed and must have not been able to take it anymore. A little after we saw Langley overrun, the other two CIA operatives with us took their own lives as well, probably after realizing that nobody was coming to help. This left just two of us, myself and the only female that had been stationed here. After four months had passed since we sent out our request for new orders, we got a reply. But not from where we expected. Because we had kept our machines running this whole time to keep boredom away, we could still hear any radio traffic in a 300 mile radius. As of late, there had been nothing, but suddenly we heard human voices. And to make matters better, they seemed to be very close. The next thing we know, there were NATO forces outside of our base telling us to come on up. When we did, the world had changed, we could see Sevastopol in the distance, completely engulfed in flames. The NATO troops told us to get into their helicopter and they would bring us to their base in Sweden. Once we got inside, I saw that one of their guys did not seem to be doing so well. He had a bandage wrapped around his hand and it looked like he was missing a few fingers. On top of that he looked like he was running a fever. A half hour later he collapsed onto the floor and started to convulse. We are flying over the Chernarus dead zone now so hopefully we can get him to a doctor before he dies, or something worse.

Steam profile URL:  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047120806/

Topic starter Posted : 16/07/2017 6:52 pm
Timothy
(@fleikez)
Estimable Member Customer

That is one good ass application, well I'll be damned that's a big yes from me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2017 1:38 pm
HuggableMass1
(@huggablemass1)
New Member Customer

Well I appreciate the support 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/07/2017 4:55 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

HA HA! This is a good application! Probably, one of the best i've seen put up so far, if this doesn't get accepted i'll eat my foot. +3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2017 6:05 pm
Surprise655
(@surprise655)

I like the story, good job with it, +1. Hope to see you on there 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2017 7:19 pm
Share: