Notifications
Clear all

Gslomvr's Application For whitelist Server

Gslomvr G
(@gslomvr-g)

How old are you?: 15

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: English is my first language, not that I know much of any other language.

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: I would like to be on the whitelisted roleplaying community since the people playing on these servers would most likely follow the rules much closer. This would make for a much better experience for myself since I follow the rules but have those few idiots who ruin it for everyone.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I do.

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): My only previous roleplaying experience is on the non-whitelisted servers that Nylex hosts.

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic:

Name: Edward Waxxman (Most just call him Eddy)

Home Country: Australia

Known languages: English and a small amount of German

Religion: Agnosticism (Belief that (1) God, if it exists, is by nature unknowable and will always be unknowable, or, (2) that the individual being asked cannot conclude if god exists or not for lack of evidence one way or the other)1

Earlier Professions: Coder, Computer Technician, Engineer

Dislikes: Hate, and Rude people/robbers.

Allergies: Highly Allergic to orange juice

Fears: He has a phobia of true love and deer.

Strengths: Teambuilding and being a friendly guy, He knows his geography of the world and knows most guns inside and out (internet research).

Weakness’: Eddy is paranoid and he was paranoid of an apocalypse since he was 7 but look what happened.

Backstory: At the age of 18 leaving school Eddy was swiped up by the Australian government since they saw his grades and potential in programming. Since this hire he has worked there for 5 years and enjoyed every minute of it, from as small as beating (insert game here) to as big as stopping the Russian hackers. On his 23rd birthday as much as he loved hacking for the government he decided to move on to another of his aspirations he had as a kid. This was becoming and engineer and designing some of the best architectural feats of human kind. Eddy had heap of fun with this engineering with a large role in the design of the Sydney Harbour Bridge as well as his vital role with the Sydney Opera House. As much as he enjoyed this for 4 years he decided to move back to what he really loved, computers. Eddy didn’t feel like programming or hacking though, he wanted to do more with the hardware of computers. This is what drove him to go and start his own business focussing on the hardware of computers but going into some depth with the software. He enjoyed running his business until when 30 came around and was called for a conference overseas to discuss national security. He flew over to (whatever map the server is on) and here Eddy was told that there was a Russian experiment that went wrong. To be more specific scientists were experimenting on a virus that got out and raged havoc. After hearing this her rushed back to the airport to go see and protect his family, but it was too late. The 3 days here in (whatever map the server is on) the virus had reached here. Eddy was stranded here, he was terrified but thought just treat it like a video game. During this apocalypse, he has being fighting for survival and searching for a cure. From his experience, he has able to design buildings that are invincible to these creatures.

Steam profile URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Gslomvr/

Discord: Gslömvr#0850

Notes: I know I don’t have much RP experience but I would like to learn. Don’t judge me for not knowing what map the server is because if I am correct it changes right? I am just trying to avoid being wrong. I am sorry if this is a bit long but one things for sure I enjoyed making this.

1.                  Definition From: http://www.humanreligions.info/religions.html

Topic starter Posted : 04/07/2017 7:16 am
Gslomvr G
(@gslomvr-g)

*bump*?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/07/2017 2:31 am
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

No need to bump man Nylex will get around to it and you can find the map on the "servers" tab on the top of the forums. Overall I liked you application it was pretty decent. It's interesting because some people are now using the format I used for my M&B server application which is strange but it gives a little bit more insight into the character so I like it. Overall you've received my +1, and I know that you only have experience on the public servers, but don't treat it like one when you get accepted alright? Too many people doing that as of late.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2017 10:13 am
Gslomvr G reacted
Timothy
(@fleikez)
Estimable Member Customer

Sounds good, +1 from me for being accepted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2017 12:56 pm
Gslomvr G reacted
Gslomvr G
(@gslomvr-g)

Thanks guys for the positive feedback and telling me I don't have to bump, I really appreciate it. Also I forgot to change "Insert Game Here" to "Lara Croft Tomb Raider III" before I posted.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/07/2017 12:47 am
Gslomvr G
(@gslomvr-g)

By the way I just realised, I lied... Yep I lied ummm I do have other RP experience such as my one friends who loves D&D always get me to play, lol. I also have played a bit of Cops and Robbers on Minecraft server as well as Roblox, back in the day when it was popular/I liked it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/07/2017 2:03 am
Surprise655
(@surprise655)

D & D Player = REALLY GOOD RP, Decent Backstory. +1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2017 2:19 pm
Fisher
(@fisher)

Sup, rantin time, takin rawrs place now.

I was reading your application and honestly, makes less sense then a toddler learned how to fly.

Your character got picked up by the government when he was 18, freshly out of school because of his grades and programming? MOST unlikely. The goverment wouldnt notice you unless you went to a highly recognisable university with best grades of the class and topic, working for a highly known facility in programming, example Windows, with best grades after graduation. With all this, THEN maybe he gets picked up.

To your engineering and "architectural" part: If you make smth up, atleast do some FUCKING research. The Sydney harbour bridge was started in 28. Juli 1923 and got completed in 19. January 1932, same for the Sydney Opera house built in 1959 and completed in 1973. Given that this server plays in the year 2014, well guess yourself how old your guy must be.

Well, i see he became a computer shop owner after? But tell me, even if he was a hacker for the government, what would he do at a conference about a virus? It´s first of, not his field of interest, 2ndly, he would be a normal ass shopowner right now. No one cares in the government about a ex-hacker, all they do is prolly send some spies after you.

Alright, next part.
So youre guy has panic of true love, what means his family must been his parents and grandparents? I mean...you dont have children or a wife if ur afraid of true love, unless he made child with some random chick.

THEN THERE IS THIS:

"From his experience, he has able to design buildings that are invincible to these creatures."

So he knows how to build 10 cm T H I C C Metal walls or even better? Well beeing architect and actually beeing a costructionsite worker or preparemaster, is something completely different. Oh btw, metal walls and structures need to be manufactured somewhere aswell with special machineries, so unless your guy knows how and where to do it, and with what tools and how to transport and stabilizing it, i would stick with wooden plank walls. No metal blocks allowed there!

Don´t take it personal, just some common sense flaws in there, everything else, i ship it.

Sincerly Fisher

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2017 3:13 pm
Gslomvr G
(@gslomvr-g)
Posted by: Pimpcane

I was reading your application and honestly, makes less sense then a toddler learned how to fly.

Your character got picked up by the government when he was 18, freshly out of school because of his grades and programming? MOST unlikely. The goverment wouldnt notice you unless you went to a highly recognisable university with best grades of the class and topic, working for a highly known facility in programming, example Windows, with best grades after graduation. With all this, THEN maybe he gets picked up.

To your engineering and "architectural" part: If you make smth up, atleast do some FUCKING research. The Sydney harbour bridge was started in 28. Juli 1923 and got completed in 19. January 1932, same for the Sydney Opera house built in 1959 and completed in 1973. Given that this server plays in the year 2014, well guess yourself how old your guy must be.

Well, i see he became a computer shop owner after? But tell me, even if he was a hacker for the government, what would he do at a conference about a virus? It´s first of, not his field of interest, 2ndly, he would be a normal ass shopowner right now. No one cares in the government about a ex-hacker, all they do is prolly send some spies after you.

Alright, next part.
So youre guy has panic of true love, what means his family must been his parents and grandparents? I mean...you dont have children or a wife if ur afraid of true love, unless he made child with some random chick.

THEN THERE IS THIS:

"From his experience, he has able to design buildings that are invincible to these creatures."

So he knows how to build 10 cm T H I C C Metal walls or even better? Well beeing architect and actually beeing a costructionsite worker or preparemaster, is something completely different. Oh btw, metal walls and structures need to be manufactured somewhere aswell with special machineries, so unless your guy knows how and where to do it, and with what tools and how to transport and stabilizing it, i would stick with wooden plank walls. No metal blocks allowed there!

Don´t take it personal, just some common sense flaws in there, everything else, i ship it.

Sincerly Fisher

Now when I wrote this I knew there were flaws...

And i made the government pick him up straight out of school because I have heard many stories about it so if I'm wrong about this, I'm sorry. But this story doesn't mean It has to be realistic right?? Or not at least to have every detail like this fleshed out.

The reason I chose the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge was because these are 2 iconic structures that close to everyone can recognise. I knew that they were built quite a time apart as a I am a resident of Australia but I didn't want to be realistic about the buildings since they might not be recognised, If it really is that annoying to you about time I could change the structure around to a more realistic or similar time to to events of the story.

Well he had high esteem and the government held him highly over his hacking ore programming. They called him to the conference so he could try to contain the virus in a selected area but electronically closing bridges, airports etc. He was so scared when he heard this that wanted to protect his family back at home Australia. It was too late though once he reached the airport.

He is afraid of falling in love with another woman, I just added this in to make it a bit more interesting. Of course he has married parents, a brother and a sister who he lovers dearly. This is why he tried to rush back and protect them. He does have 2 grandparents left if you are still interested in this, because the 2 on his mothers side died.

Hey I never said that he could build "Metal" structure I just said they were "invincible". He doesn't have the best building experience I'll say but the designing part he is on top of. He doesn't just build these structures by himself though, he gets help from other survivors. These other survivors also teach him about how to place wall etc effectively so the don't break. I may have made it sound like he built these structure himself but he mostly just designed them.

Is this enough or still holes???

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/07/2017 12:46 am
Surprise655
(@surprise655)

Be more realistic, Otheriwse nice effort 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2017 1:11 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Alright, next part.

THEN THERE IS THIS:

Sincerly Fisher

Boiiii u wott

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2017 11:04 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Alright, next part.

THEN THERE IS THIS:

Sincerly Fisher

Boiiii u wott

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2017 11:04 am
Share: