Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] D4's Whitelist Application

D4NKlNG
(@d4nklng)

How old are you?: 20

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Yes

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: The Whitelist community seems much more mature for authentic roleplaying and I would like a taste of the action

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): Afraid not, unless you count Nylex videos as RP

Character background- My name is Dan, and this is my story (so far...)

I had been brought up in a small, quiet village in the mainland. It was a nice village that seemed to have just enough to meet everyone's needs. Where I was brought up there weren't many kids, so in my free time I would head into the nearby woods and climb trees and look up at the stars on an evening, I would lose myself in my own imagination, and for me, that was perfect. I was brought up in a family of 4, my mother and father, and an older brother and a younger sister. Life was good, the family seemed to be getting by alright, university was going good, everything was... perfect, then the rumors began to circle. At first everyone in the town believed the rumors to simply be stories spread by kids, I mean.. people supposedly being brought back from a dead and roaming around, biting people... huh.. seemed like it was straight out of a horror movie, but we were wrong... so so wrong. When the first case reached the village all the townsfolk were in shock! for a village that, at worst had a couple of cases of burglary each year, the incident shook the village to its very foundations. We were quickly reassured by the local authorities that this was all under control and everyone was advised to merely look after their families and keep out of trouble.

But these stories proved to be too much of an excitement to the youths of our village. It became something of a craze to go out on a night and try find the 'walkers' as the incidents quickly became the talk of the playground. There would always be someone who would try and prank their friends, and simply hide for a short period of time, scaring their friends and family alike, these youths were looked down upon by both the elders of the village and the law enforcement alike as it was seen as reckless. But when a group of students failed to show up after 3 days of being supposedly missing, that's when the townsfolk's paranoia truly escalated. The national guard were quickly mobilised in and this once quite village I once called home began to look more like a refugee camp. Folks began arriving by the truck load each day, all packed into cheaply set-up tents in a caged off area that was pitched on our local football pitch. Some of the townsfolk decided that,much to the frustration of the national guard, they said they would try their luck elsewhere and move out, it would prove to be a smart decision, something I wish we had done. A week had passed and everything seemed to be going well, the search for the missing students was called off, on direct orders from the national guard, who had taken the authorities control. It was a nice, sunny Sunday, This would be no ordinary Sunday however, as this would be the day that changed everything, for worse...

It was exactly 2:15pm, myself and my family had sat down, enjoying the sunshine, the cool breeze, but then our relaxation was interrupted by shrieking, we ran inside, hearts racing. My family  wanted us all to stay inside and wait for it to pass, whatever it was, but me being a curious idiot I felt a sense of patriotism and insisted I was going to help the national guard, Id seen enough on movies and thought I could be a hero, a town idol, so I ran out the house and down the street as fast as I could to see what I can only describe as sheer panic, friends and faces i'd grown up with, shared memories with, were running around, screaming, as these bloodied figures seemed to chase them down. The sight alone caused me to vomit violently. All of that self righteousness had quickly passed and now I wanted to head back and look after my family. as I ran back I noticed a stench, something smelt wrong, it can only be described as a rotting smell. Regardless of that I ran back and it was only once I reached the door that I realised.. I had left the front door open

My heart was racing now and my face felt colder than ice, I slowly walked back in and upon looking down the hall, I could see a figure, laid out on the floor, face up. As I approached cautiously I realised that this figure was.. my mother, she looked so... pale, so frightened, like someone had taken the colour out of her, There was a large pool of blood in the carpet, and a large stab wound in the abdomen... a walker hadn't done this, they cant of, that must mean that someone living did... I fell to my knees, feeling light-headed, realising that I could have stopped this, I hung my head and wept profusely for what felt like an hour. It was when I looked for the rest of my family that the we're nowhere in sight, after finding missing clothes in the dressers and a few family keepsakes missing I figured that they had grabbed everything they could and left for safety, that's what I hope anyway. I should have stopped this, I should have been there with them, I could have saved her...those words still run through my head even to this day, this wasn't the act of these zombies, but a person, they had murdered my mother. I couldn't stay there, I didn't have the courage to bury my dear mother, So I ran straight out of the door, and into the woods I knew so well as a child, I climbed a tree and then wept for what felt like n eternity, I am yet to return to the village, my home out of sheer fear of facing my past and have been living off the lands natural resources, the fear of seeing mother again keeps me well away from the place that I once called home.

Steam profile URL:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/D4NKlNG/

Topic starter Posted : 08/11/2017 12:55 am
MrRawr reacted
Fin Richards
(@fin)

woah doooood kewl story bro.. rad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2017 5:17 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

+1 - "My story but not on steroids"

jokes aside, I would vouch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2017 7:30 am
Fisher
(@fisher)

Hey D4,

very nice application and i see alot of work in it. I have just some uestions tho. How old is your character and what kinda professions does he have? Some little traits u know? Any hobbies of his he could use for surviving or is he just a ordinary guy?

Regards, Fisher

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2017 9:33 am
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2017 11:43 am
D4NKlNG
(@d4nklng)

In response to Pimpcane, my character is set as the same age as myself irl, which is 20, he was an unemployed student and he was a normal guy but as he has seeked refuge in the woods, he has been isolated for a long duration of time, and after his mothers death he has developed trust issues with people, knowing that the person who killed his mother is... still could be out there, somewhere.

And he has a history of military service, 10 years to be precise despite only being 20. He can handle every gun including RPGs and explosives and is an ace pilot.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/11/2017 8:41 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Don't forget his tour as a tank commander in 1995!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2017 12:08 am
Cody The Magic Dragon
(@cody-the-magic-dragon)
Trusted Member Customer

I would love to see how this character progresses  over time. Good job!

”They may take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom!”

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2017 6:08 am
Share: