Notifications
Clear all

Avallex's RP WL Application

Avallex
(@avallex)

Ryan - (Avallex/DiabolicalBrick)'s application for Nylex's unturned WL RP server.
~~~~~

~~~~~

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Yes, English is my first language.

~~~~~

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: Roleplaying is fun, roleplaying on servers where people also know how to roleplay well is much, much better, I enjoy it and want to get back into unturned.

~~~~~

Do you have a working microphone?: Studio mic, and headset mic, whichever sounds better.

~~~~~

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience?: Yeah a little,
Had a roblox account since 2013 and was in a 150k army which I joined in 2016 until 4 months ago when I resigned as 2 in command. - Yes I know it's roblox, but it was still roleplay.
Roleplaying servers on unturned, my main account has 277 hours, which about 70 are RP.
Played DayZ roleplay servers, I have 55 hours on DayZ on my main.
Minecraft roleplay servers, I think I bought the game in 2013 on xbox 360, later bought it on PC.

~~~~~

The reason I use a different account is because I was VAC banned from Unturned 605 days ago due to an absolutely st upid mistake I made when I thought I was being clever, lost myself a great game for a long time until I decided to make a new steam account.

~~~~~

Steam profile URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/diabolicalbrick
My old/main account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avallex

~~~~~

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic:

Name: James Bailey Carter
Date of Birth: October 16th 1972
Heritage: Beccles, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Former Occupation: Ministry of Defence Programmer & Chief of Operation Whiteshark. - Operation Whiteshark & Operation Restoring Order

~~~~

Life story until now:

James Bailey Carter was born on October 16th 1972 into a working class family of 4 in the small historic town of Beccles in Suffolk, his father aged 49 at the time of his birth was a retired WWII veteran who served in the British Army until operation Husky where he was severely wounded by a shrapnel shell from german-backed italian artillery. His mother was a housewife who died in late 1979, 6 years after the birth of his sister, Amy Carter who was born on March 7th 1973. All James knew of his mother was a organised lady who looked after his father and worked as an accountant, in a time no woman was wanted in any other place than the household. When James' mother was at work his uncle, who also served in WWII and lived nearby, would aid his father. In 1978 Improvements in healthcare allowed for the pieces of shrapnel that were embedded deep into his fathers leg to be removed which brought joy to the family however a year after his father's operation his mother passed away. Life became difficult for the family of 3, his father was overwhelmed by the loss of his wife and became depressed, James was only 7 and his sister, 6, they did chores and helped around neighbouring houses as well as there own in order to keep food on the table as their father was still unable to work, not many things made their father smile but the effort and hard work James and his sister did made their father proud.

When James was 12 and admitted into secondary school, he had access to a new computer donated to the school by the international company Commodore as part of a program with the British Government to get students into the fields of technology. James had a natural talent for programming and practiced as much as he could, he loved designing equipment to be used with computers as well as programs for them, eventually becoming the best programmer in the school. His father became more and more proud one day saying to his son, 'You're going to invent technology that will change this world.' In James' 4th year of secondary school, the internet made it's first appearances, greatly advancing the technology of the time. James found this new tool to be used both for programs but also for accessing databases and secret files on goverment servers. He left school with high grades in maths and science, and recieved the highest grade in computing, this allowed James to go to college where he would gain access to more resources and further develop his skills. In 1989, his father aged 65 died to his leg injury, the operation only prolonging his life, to lay with his wife. After James and his sister attended their father's funeral, James decided to leave college and pursue in a career in computing and follow the dream his Dad wanted him to. His sister Amy, followed in her mother's footsteps of accounting, having also achieved high grades in maths.

The Ministry of Defence realised the flaws in their system, how easy it was to get into their databases and the potential power and threats the improvement and innovation in technology could have on the UK. The MOD set up a top-secret program to create weapons, programs and tools used by everyone related to the Ministry of Defence. Ranging from the SAS of the British Army to the British Secret Service and MI6. People recruited into the program were young graduates from colleges around the country who had the highest grades. These people would be the least likely to expose the MOD's secret programs and projects. These recruits were tested and made into offical employees of the Ministry of Defence. The project was codenamed operation Whiteshark. The Whiteshark personnel were given the aliases of people working in the IT department, monitoring and fixing the vast computer networks controlled by the MOD. A small facility was secretly constructred under a MOD office building which was the original home of Operation Whiteshark. The operation produced remarkable innovations in technology, cigarettes that could shoot poison darts and programs that could take out a countries power grid. James personally worked on these projects,
inventing well known tools like dual encrypted messaging, private communication channels for the MOD and advancements in electronic warfare, as well as tools like pistols that could only be operated by the owner.

In the 25 years James worked on operation Whiteshark, he continued to show himself as a prominent leader, first being promoted to chief of electronics and programming, to 2iC of the entire operation and then finally the Chief, which took him 14 years to get. Due to the nature of his proffession, he didn't keep in close contact with his siter, who thought he worked as a telephone manager for the company British Telecom based in London. In early 2014, James now 41, and operation Whiteshark slowly becoming more idle, a news story made international headlines, shocking the governments of the world, many just  continued with daily life at first until the reports came flooding in. The last report recieved by the world from the Prince Edward Islands in PEI was the destruction of the Federation Bridge which failed to stop the infection. A meeting was called by the MOD to repurpose the brilliant minds on operation Whiteshark, Air Chief Marshal, Stuart Peach, General Nicholas Patrick Carter along with the Defence Secretary for the United Kingdom and many other scientists and officials of the MOD turned to Chief James B. Carter to technolgically and medically contain and cure the virus.

Operation Whiteshark was repurposed on September 3rd 2014, codenamed Operation Restoring Order. The operation recieved a new second in command, Proffessor Erskine, the leading scientist in biological and medical field for the Ministry of Defence. Chief James Carter and Proffessor Erskine along with General Nicholas Carter and Tactical analysts from the Special Air Service picked a group of the smartest and most physically able members of operation Restoring order. These members were given advanced firearms training, basic tactical skills and analysis and a low tier of advanced military training. In early October 2014, the operation recieved orders to speed up the program. The heads of the program needed to contain and cure the virus, and for that they needed specimens of the virus.

The operation heads considered specimens from Canada, however it was in complete anarchy and too dangerous to retrieve a specimen from. To the MOD's suprise, Russia was cooperative with the British government and reported having quarantined the infected within it's hospitals. Government officials from Moscow gave access to Russian infected if the cure would be shipped to Russia too. Operation Restoring Order was scheduled to set out on October 21st but more worried orders from the MOD pushed the operation to take flight in the early hours of October 10th 2014, lacking extra equipment for a higher quality of infection specimen. At 2am on the 10th October, a military C-17 took off from RAF Northolt carrying the small team of Operation Restoring Order personnel and a branch of the Special Air Service. At 4am, 2 hours from landing at Shereyavo International Airport, our pilot was informed by the Russian Military that the quarantine had failed and that infected were now overwhelming the military. Military orders from Moscow meant that all planes attempting to land had to be diverted or sent away from Russia as fear of spreading the virus further. We were instructed by the Russian Military to turn around or we'd be shot down. The C-17 did not have enough fuel to return to the UK and remote orders from the MOD meants the C-17 has to land in Russia to gather speciments for cure research and infection containment. Running our of options the mission commanders decided to land on a small airfield in Russia, rather than the international airport.

At 4:52am the Russian Miltary recieved orders to open fire on the C-17 James was on, the sound of flak fire rippelled through the air around it, metal shrapnel piercing the fuselage and a direct hit blowing a hole through the right wing, disabling the two right wing engines. At around 5am the C-17 performed an emergency crash landing on a field 2.5km north of Kamensk.

James Bailey Carter awoke on a roadside, stripped of his weapons and MOD identity with no easy way of returning to the United Kingdom, he got up of the cold, damp tarmac to see the twisted wreck of the C-17 burning in the distance, wondering whether the robbery of his items was a gift or a horror. He stood up took a look round and set off following the road to whatever lie ahead.

~~~~

PROS: Technoligcally, scientifically minded, can repair.
CONS: Injuries from plane crash. Sometimes does easy things stupidly.
SKILLS: Programming, weapon creation/modification, military training, basic tactician, firearm trained; AR & Pistols.

~~~~

Thank you for reading 👍 

Topic starter Posted : 05/04/2018 2:21 am
Jamesss reacted
Avallex
(@avallex)

(meant to add that ^) 1974 image of the street James lived near

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/04/2018 2:27 am
Rosa
 Rosa
(@rosa)