Notifications
Clear all

[APP] Felix Whitehorse

Page 1 / 2
Titch
(@titch)
Eminent Member Customer

How old are you?: IRL I'm 16 and I will probably keep that in game also.

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: English born and raised my friend

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: I've had experiences of roleplay servers via a game called project zomboid and garrys mod (though garrys mod wasn't really proper roleplay). I then joined the public servers here. While they were fun there was no sense of community or proper RP. I hope that whitelist will bring this.

Do you have a working microphone?: I do. Its a webcam but its audio quality is more than good enough for speaking clearly.

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): Kind of already covered this so yes I have (see above).

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic: Born and raised in a small coastal village in England, Felix has always been a social butterfly. Making friends was easy for Felix and so was keeping them. Life was good.

When first news of the outbreak hit the town it shook everyone. People fled to their homes and refused to leave. Looting became a popular hobby for those who weren't trapped in their houses. But while all this was going on Felix stayed calm. He pondered over what was to come next and relished in the idea of starting anew, where he could find the heart of the town again and go on being happy. And so that became his quest. Though his village may have been lost to the epidemic, He new there were others out there fighting on.

He had to leave. Planes were a rarity now but Felix had been taught by his parents how to rough it. He trekked up north and came across a rocky cove where he rested. While he slept a band of traffickers came across Felix and captured him. There intention was to sell him off to rich billionaires as a slave boy for one of the islands. But fate had it that the boat ran aground, freeing Felix. He made off again, in the unfamiliar terrain, until he came across a group of survivors known as 'The Coalition'. He was told he was in Russia, specifically a place called Chernarus. And that's where his story ends... for now.

PS: I'm sorry if my story is not up to scratch. Rather than straight up denying it could you add suggestions.

Topic starter Posted : 22/08/2017 11:21 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Nice app, glad to see another 16y.oingame. But the applications are put on pause for a while, shouldn't exactly have applied right now. :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2017 12:16 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

Eh, doesn't really matter when you apply. In my view, if you apply as fast as possible with a good application, then you'll get noticed by players, which only serves you a big +1 later. 

Nice application, anyway! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2017 3:53 pm
Titch
(@titch)
Eminent Member Customer

Thank you both. This wasnt my best piece of writing as I was quite tired at the time. Glad it got your approval though.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2017 8:37 am
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

If you feel like you can, inarguably, do a better story, then just continue on writing here! It really helps out your app.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2017 3:05 pm
Titch
(@titch)
Eminent Member Customer

New backstory (roughly the same, left out a few character traits so that I can see what seems natural on the server. Not very condensed sorry :/ ):

The clock ticked. Felix’s eyes darted around the room. The past week had all been in preparation for this moment. The moment that would dictate the rest of his life.

Felix had lived a simple life. The life of your average teen. Exams, hanging out with mates, girl troubles, the lot. He wasn’t unique. He wasn’t special. But that didn’t stop him from dreaming big. Felix wanted to travel. He wanted to meet people. Though he had grown on the coast his heart didn’t belong in that village. That small, uneventful village that had been his only point of reference for the rest of the world. It wasn’t enough. It was boring. When the virus hit the town that was his moment. People fled the streets. Looting took over the town like a plague (ironic). But none of this swayed him. In the short time it had taken for his home to become a ghost town Felix had hatched a plan. No more living here, bored and daydreaming. He was leaving. His hands were a blur as he packed his bags, ready to start his new life. And that’s were we started off.

Planes weren’t an option, too much risk and security. Of course this had been thought of already though. No, Felix was going off grid. Though he had never left the country his parents had taken him on many hikes along the coast. It was were Felix gained his sense of adventure. He was going to take one of these paths to reach the cove. There he would rest, replenish and plan from there. He just needed to be gone.

The path was empty. No one wanted to be out in such times of woe. As he walked he heard screams, explosions, gunshots. But though there was so much around him no one dared trek the path. Until he reached that cove.

The cliffs were steep in this part. A small, thin stone staircase led down the cliffside to the cove. The crisp sand felt good on his feet. It smelled of new beginnings. But there was something wrong. He looked around. There it was. A lone rowing boat beached on the shore. It was in good condition. Felix went down to the cove often so he knew it couldn’t have been here long. He went to turn his head…

Open eyes. Darkness. He could hear muffled voices. Raising his head, he hit something. Cold metal. Black again.

He woke. Around him was the debris of an old wooden ship. Containers bobbed in the water. As well as the bodies of their former owners. Gathering his wits Felix quickly thought of what to do next. A short time scavenging then he was off again. Nothing could stop him. Not even the bloody pirates that had taken him.

The next time Felix had human contact was months later. Despite being the beaten shell of a human being, Felix was surprisingly talkative. He was told he was with the Coalition, a military group fighting for the survivors. Given his good shape and surprising amount of hardiness he was told to apply to be part of the ground team. He accepted graciously and after a short amount of training he found himself upon the shores of Chernarus. Bitter fighting of the undead ensued. They hadn’t been ready. Seeing that the fight was already lost he fled. And that’s where his story ends… for now.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2017 1:03 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

Pretty nice for a "let's go" story. 

I'll give you a more clear response after Nylex appoints the new members he accepted as Staff 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 12:42 am
Titch
(@titch)
Eminent Member Customer

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/08/2017 10:51 am
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

You're welcome. You should get a response pretty soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2017 11:16 am
Titch
(@titch)
Eminent Member Customer

RIP response 🙁

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/09/2017 12:35 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

Yeah, sorry 'bout that! We're waiting for Nylex to appoint the brand-new shiny staffers. Until he does, we can only sit patiently.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2017 12:16 am
Titch
(@titch)
Eminent Member Customer

Yeah. Looking forward to that but until then I'll sit here happy.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/09/2017 9:02 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

We have decided to...

approve!

(ID please)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2017 11:35 pm
Titch
(@titch)
Eminent Member Customer

Wahoo! Does that mean the whitelist servers are up now too?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/09/2017 3:32 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member
Posted by: Titch

Wahoo! Does that mean the whitelist servers are up now too?

Soon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2017 4:13 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: