Notifications
Clear all

[APP] Dr. Kolibob - Whitelist

Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

How old are you?:

Anywhere between 16 and 25 - I reckon that's a respectable range.

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?:

Yes.

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?:

There used to be a small family-like good roleplay server I used to play; I really enjoyed setting up a municipal, good-working government, with affairs such as commerce, medical, law enforcing, legislative, etc.

Do you have a working microphone?:

Yes.

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!):

I actually come from a larger, much larger (170k member) community that all it did was roleplay. It is a group based on the United States, I could go into deeper detail, but it gets complicated into stuff like US Code, legislation, etc. The only reason I came here is because this community has a big potential that is being wasted continously.

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic:

Kolibob is a man that values his own definitions of right, wrong and neutral more than anything - he doesn't have any values you'd normally expect, such as respect, loyalty, obedience. A little time ago, when he was a bit more influenceable and vulnerable to the hideousness to the world and, generally, the people that contribute to it by being part of it’s own society, he was being raised by an egoistical and well-disciplined military man, his father. This made him seem like an anarchist, striving for anything but to become like his father.

Now, an expert in infectious disease working closely with the United States Military in the development and research of such diseases, he was well aware of the virus that was about to be unleashed - the only reason he joined the USM as a researcher is because he was well studied; he knew such events would take place and his arrogance would simply not allow his death willingly.

Steam profile URL:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kolibob/

Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2017 7:14 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

IN-DEPTH ABOUT THE CHARACTER:

His mother was the opposite of his father, however at a young age he realize that his family was not truly his family, instead he was adopted - this was due to him reading a book about physical appearances that are genetic. The more he was left up to the self-development of the world, the more he left social values behind for philosophical values.

This broke him, made him lie himself that he does not care nor does he value what others think about his own persona - what really mattered was what was right; obsessive about it, he threw everyone around like they were nobodies.

At first, a career as a high command within a intelligence agency was offered to him, as an analyst, studying human and social engineering. He denied it because this would go against his own knowledge and thoughts. However, after a second offer by the United States Military, he has joined for the same positions. He did not take part of any physical activities - this makes him very unreliable in combat, but the USM issues small-arms to any high-rank within any branch/division/etc., making him somewhat good with them (as he continuously slacked off his work, deeming it uninteresting and "can be done by anyone in my team", he had nothing else to do but read and train himself in small-arms).

In the military, he took development in researching the nature of the virus - deeming it unnecessary to own such organism, he worked on vaccines and mechanical-works that could function against it; this task was given to him after threatening with his resignation and even going to the point of threatening to take his own life with the organism - another flaw, obsessive behavior can be damaging to his mental functions, etc.

Continuing, he now works as a go-to medical expert. Being able to go around and collect resources for his own "quest", to ensure that such event never happens and that those affected by it have proper protection (even though he refused to work on patients, etc., he now makes an exception as he feels guilty that he did not take extreme measures to end the creation of the organism) from it in the future. 

More statistics: physical-stress problems due to a number of genetic disorders; while he is tall, he is also a thin-looking man; goes to extremes to avoid physical-stress; refuses to take part of looting that do not correspond with his quest; does not comply with life-threatening situations, putting his life at risk to prove his point; etc. (you get the general idea, very flawed character).

Hopefully this satisfies. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2017 7:51 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

While this is a good application unfortunately Nylex has suspended the whitelist applications and took the whitelist server down, so it won't get read for a while.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2017 10:43 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

I have noticed that long before I applied - logistically speaking it's still better to apply while they won't get accepted rather than applying right when they open.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2017 10:57 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

No. You shouldn't have applied yet, instead should have waited for the whitelist servers to get back up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2017 5:15 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

Applications are still online, they're still being read - only difference is that they're staying neutral until the servers are back.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2017 5:30 pm
Share: