Aleksey Evgеnеvich ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Aleksey Evgеnеvich Shorohov's whitelist application

alexzip
(@alexzip)
Estimable Member

How old are you?: 14

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Yes, I can speak English. Right now i'm learning

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: For a long time i've been playing on the public chernarus server. I have joined the community in 2016. I've been playing on russia until Chernarus was released and i really liked the server! The problem is that on all the public servers, the only fun you get is when you can find other rp-ers, which is very rare, as 90% of the players are just kosers or for the survival semi rp PvP. So finally i decided to try and make an apply for the whitelist

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes i have a working microphone

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): Yes i've had a lot. I played on Bootleg Rp before, until it was shutdown. I've also played on servers made by my friends. Which was really fun, even tho there were only 10 players ~avg daily.

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic:

In March of 1991 Alеksеy Alеksеy Shorohov was born. His parents told him he was very lucky because his father survived the WW2. Aleksey had a normal life in Russia. He was a good student and a good family member. In 2006 his parents died from an untreateable disease. After one month from the death of his parents he left Moscow and traveled by train to Vladivostok, a nice and very occupated port from Russia. In 2014 he woke up because of the screams outside. He screams in terror when he looks from his appartment at the bloody corpses from the street. He remembers he had planned for that day that he will go fishing, so he grabs some clothes and some food, a Makarov that he got from his fahter and exits the apartment. He knew this would be risky, and he could die, but he known he could get to the boat. Luckily, he found his boat and ran away from Vladivostok. He didn't know where should he went, he thought if he will go to the nearest land maybe he will have a chance to survive. He tought going to Chernarus was a goood idea, so he did that. There army restricted any access from survivors, but he had another plan, he left the militarized zone and went to the east coast of Chernarus, where he left his boat there and went into the woods. Now he is surviving by scavanging the left of the ruined cities and places he can find.

Steam profile URL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198112602691/

Topic starter Posted : 10/02/2018 2:08 pm
Juan Taco reacted
Fallen
(@fallen)
Eminent Member

Epic +1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2018 3:11 pm
Juan Taco
(@juan-taco)
Active Member Customer

Storytelling lvl 100

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2018 6:20 pm
alexzip reacted
Nomas
(@nomas)
Eminent Member

+rep

Just add the kind the character is and the skills too ^^

anyway   +1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2018 8:18 am
alexzip
(@alexzip)
Estimable Member

*I can't edit the post so i'll leave here some more info*

Aleksey is more of the "violent" kind, but he never likes to kill people without a reason. He also is good at crafting and thinking designs for  houses or weaponry.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/02/2018 10:19 am
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Ok so there are some blatant issues with this I will point out and allow you to figure out for yourself. I'll list them in points, to make it easier to understand.

1: For him to have been born in nineteen ninety one and his father being a World War Two survivor that would put your father at I'll say roughly sixty five years old at the minimum. Assuming his wife is of similar age this would almost certainty put her past the child bearing age. You may want to fix this timeline inconsistency here.

2: "Aleksey had a normal life in Russia. He was a good student and a good family member" I can't think of anything more generic and unexplanatory than this. The terms "Normal" and "Good" are subjective their definitions changing from person to person. For example, I would think it's normal to dip your ranch in pizza, but to another kid, that's completely outrageous. What you can do to counter this is to go into detail on his early life, his teenage years. Go into detail with his family relationship and how he was doing academically. I cannot stress enough how important historical details are.

3: "After one month from the death of his parents he left Moscow and traveled by train to Vladivostok, a nice and very occupated port from Russia." Here we have more plot holes and moments where I'm left asking, "how and why?". How did his parents die? How did this affect Aleksey? What prompted his sudden move and completely uprooting his life and job to move to the other side of Russia? Did he have no existing family, friend, or job ties to the area and decided this was his best option? Was the thought of lingering where his parents had deceased too much to bear? Never leave me asking more questions than I have answers too, especially important ones.

4: " In 2014 he woke up because of the screams outside." This is a large time jump from two thousand and six, almost a full decade and we have no information in his time between this? He didn't perhaps get a girl, travel anywhere, get a new job, go to school to learn a different subject, he didn't do anything during this time? I find that hard to believe.

5: "He knew this would be risky, and he could die, but he known he could get to the boat" He has a boat? Is this tied to his occupation or is it something he purchased for his leisure? 

6: "He knew this would be risky, and he could die" How did he know what was risky? He saw corpses in the street, you give no explanation as to how he knows what's going on, or why he has this sense of urgency to get to the boat. Please add some sort of clarification here.

7: "Luckily, he found his boat and ran away from Vladivostok" Shouldn't his boat be where he docked it. Also you didn't mention nabbing your boat keys but I'll just let that slide because at this point it's just nitpicking.

8: "He tought going to Chernarus was a goood idea, so he did that" I fail to see how traveling all the way across Russia is a good idea. Actually, the position of the town you chose is a good isolated spot. The only logical case you could make for leaving it is to flee from Japanese and other Asians moving north to dodge the threat.

9: "He tought going to Chernarus was a goood idea, so he did that. There army restricted any access from survivors, but he had another plan, he left the militarized zone and went to the east coast of Chernarus, where he left his boat there and went into the woods. Now he is surviving by scavenging the left of the ruined cities and places he can find." So this doesn't make any logical sense. Chernarus is in Crimea, there's no way to sail there you'd have to go through land. Even then the miles of Russian wilderness and poor infrastructure, the supplies it would take to make this journey is astronomical. However, let's say you did, this still falls apart because you don't describe your plan, you don't say why the army would be keep survivors out of a place that you described as "ruined cities".

10: "Aleksey is more of the "violent" kind, but he never likes to kill people without a reason. He also is good at crafting and thinking designs for  houses or weaponry." What does this even mean? Violent kid? How does that match up with him being "normal" and "good", nobody likes killing people unless you're sadist. Good at crafting and thinking designs for houses and weaponry? What? What's that even mean, he's just good with his hands?

Overall this needs a large overhaul to get accepted, so for now I'm going to have to deny this. I'll give you a three day cooldown for the next application you may submit.

It would do you good to refresh yourself on the rules which may be found here: 

https://www.unturnedroleplay.com/community/whitelisted-server-rules/rules-2/paged/1/

If you're having trouble writing and being creative I highly recommend looking into Opti's roleplaying guide. It's something I think any role player could gain from:  https://www.unturnedroleplay.com/community/main-forum/whitelist-guide-to-rp-from-opti/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2018 3:46 pm
Share: