Notifications
Clear all

A Justified Application

Justified
(@justified)
Active Member Customer

How old are you?:  Twenty.

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Certainly.

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: After playing on sub-par PvP servers with abusive admins, I needed a break. I found this and for once, got pretty excited for an Unturned Server. 

Do you have a working microphone?: Of course.

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): Plenty. I've been Roleplaying on Garry's Mod (nearing 6k hours of playtime) for around four years. Strictly text RP there. I've got close to three hundred hours of it on Arma 3, and little with Unturned. 

Character background- 

Character's Name: Dalton Pershing

Background(I'm gonna keep it short, if someone wants an extension, tell me.): Dalton is a Southern-born American. Perhaps...too American. For most of his life, he'd taken an interest in Doomsday Prepping. Him and his group of friends from The States built their own bunker, eventually. Wasn't anything too special, but it worked. Dalton wasn't satisfied though. Not just a bunker full of AR-15s will suppress this man's Patriotism. He founded his own chapter in the Pennsylvania Lightfoot Militia. Over the years his group grew to around thirty people, all of them armed to the teeth. They were more prepared than anyone for this apocalypse.

Unfortunately for him, a friend came calling. It took a lot of convincing to take Dalton away from his daily duties, but eventually he gave in. They ventured to Europe. Their first stop was Russia -- where they were faced with a widespread infection.

A Few Skills

-Extensive education in Hunting and Trapping

-Experience in most firearms. (Excluding explosives, high powered rifles, and so on.)

(Picture of the Character, made in Gmod.  https://imgur.com/a/jU8TD )

Steam profile URL:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/thelandofcotton/

Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2018 3:47 am
Fisher
(@fisher)

Ask the father, he could have told u what im about to say: Denied. Get original shit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 10:09 pm
Justified
(@justified)
Active Member Customer

Guess it kinda does look like I copied Far Cry. 

But I didn't. The Pennsylvania Lightfoot Militia is a real group, and I'm a member. Look it up, this isn't copied from FC5. This is a backstory I've used for years now, the basic structure of it, that is.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/04/2018 10:39 pm
Fisher
(@fisher)

Its not only about the FC5 refference, just read how fucking unreal the entire app is. Built a bunker with his group? a BUNKER? U know how much that costs? And a group doesnt casually build a bunker, its a year long process, paperwork and money. Additionally it has no background at all besides where born, name and his doomsday prepping, and even that costs a shitton unless u call a backpack o supplies doomsday prepping. and with 20 in a militia? Did u serve?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 10:54 pm
Justified
(@justified)
Active Member Customer
Posted by: Pimpcane

Its not only about the FC5 refference, just read how fucking unreal the entire app is. Built a bunker with his group? a BUNKER? U know how much that costs? And a group doesnt casually build a bunker, its a year long process, paperwork and money. Additionally it has no background at all besides where born, name and his doomsday prepping, and even that costs a shitton unless u call a backpack o supplies doomsday prepping. and with 20 in a militia? Did u serve?

Militias aren't always veteran-only. If I wanted to, I could've joined at sixteen. 

As for my app, lack of detail was my issue. I'm aware of all the requirements for it, and dedication. Not to mention--time. I didn't state how old the character was. He's supposed to be in his forties, which leaves him a good two-decades for it. 

And honestly, I wasn't taking these apps seriously. I wasn't about to write a novel for an /unturned server/. It's a game filled with kids, how much effort do I need here? 

Guess I was wrong lol

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/04/2018 11:15 pm
Fisher
(@fisher)

Yes you were wrong, given i put weeks/moths into whitelist workwise with the new rework of it. If we´d just take every applicant with a bad app, we had a glorified publicserverlike WL. Alot of people actually put some DAYS in their applications, from pictures edited to old photos and other shit. theres a couple good ones out there and yea, my standarts are pretty high and rest of staff got kinda infected by it soooo yea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 11:49 pm
Justified
(@justified)
Active Member Customer

I posted a new one with a bit more detail and better formatting.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/04/2018 12:37 am
Share: