Nightshadow's appli...

Notifications
Clear all

Nightshadow's application

Nightshadow
(@blackjack04190)
Eminent Member Customer

STATS

Location: North America, Southeastern region. (Eastern Time Zone)

How long have I been playing on these servers: 150+ hours. (Germany) (Canada+) (Chernarus) (PUBG)

Profile URL:  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198377998761

Why I want to be a staff member:

So, last time I applied I was told I had to play a little bit more. I have since then gathered 100 more hours of playtime. I have bought a custom kit and I have enjoyed it a lot. 
But before I get into why I want to be a staff member, I want to tell a true story. 
So today on Canada+ I was playing, and discovered a glitched base. Another player wanted to TP to me. I let him, and we set off together. As we walked along, we came across a Blackhawk Heli. He unlocked it and I told him it was actually mine that someone else took. He got out, but still locked it. After a few minutes he got back into the helicopter, and tried to take the gun. He looked like he was pointing at me, and I got into the blind spot of the gun. He then pointed the gun in the direction of Kiron, who was also there. He opened fire at something, (he had -900+ rep so I was kinda frightened.) and Kiron said he was shooting at him. I emptied half my drum mag into him, and Kiron turned around and nailed him with a grizzly at least 5 times. He said he survived because of the Green Goblin armor, and it only took him to 42 health. He then proceded to get out of the heli and kill me. I started to say all the things people usually say "plz man sry" "may I have my stuff back?" etc. I started to freak out at this player who DARED to kill me. But then I stopped. I realized what I was doing. Because before that, I had killed two players that attacked me in my car. They wanted their stuff back too, but I didn't let them have it. I realized that this was happens to players, beginners get shot to death, kids want their hard earned loot that may of seemed worthless to me, but worth gold to them. I learned that there's always a bigger fish, a stronger player, that you can't beat. I was more powerful than those two other players, and it went to my head.

Power tends to corruptabsolute power corrupts absolutely -Lord Acton

I want to be weak again, to see through the eyes of a child again, to survive without any of my custom kits, my Grizzly, my Honeybadger, and be just like an average player. To relax and treat this server for what it is: A GAME.

And so, I want to be a staff member that remembers what it was like to be a beginner, to build a base, only to have it raided, to gain supplies, but then killed by people with stronger things than you. To carry beginners, to have fun, to make bad puns, to help others, and for once, be myself. KOS is a huge issue, but we can try to change that as much as possible. Roleplayers are called "cancerous" and "Roblox Roleplayers"

which I think is wrong. We can try to change that. Kiron and I, we already host our own feasts with wooden crates and extra guns we find. I want to try to change these servers for the better, to be the mediator between players, people say KOS can't be stopped, but we can diminish it if we just try.

Thank you for your time.

-Nightshadow

Topic starter Posted : 13/10/2017 1:51 am
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Being active on the servers is all fine and dandy, being active on the discord is also a very good way to get recognition. That's a cute story, but it doesn't help people get a very good sense of you other than you got too big for your britches, realized it, and stopped so props for your self awareness? Everybody wants to stop KOSers, it's a fact they suck and they take the fun out of non-whitelisted RP, not much can be done to stop them and whenever Nylex uploads his next video they're gonna come right back out of the woodwork. The real issue with them is when people RP and there is nothing to partake in after you've done your bare necessities people get bored, they fix this by just going around killing people to satisfy boredom, so the fact that you're creating events to curb peoples boredom is a good thing but not enough to get you staff.

If I were you i'd be extremely active in the discord getting to know the community members who speak there and the staff better since they don't play on the servers too much. This will get you more points than just being a regular on the servers, anyway this is just my two cents you don't have to listen to it, but since i've never seen you before and I did not get much information on you then I cannot recommend you for staff.

-P.F.Q

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2017 1:16 am
Share: