Huge modpack delete...

Notifications
Clear all

Huge modpack deleted from steam! How this will change the servers.

Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Modpack Removed

So earlier today Steve's RP, the huge modpack we use on our servers, was deleted from steam meaning nobody could join the server. We were forced to remove the modpack so people could join, but this mean't any item that was from Steves RP was removed from the server.

We found a re-upload of the mod which is significantly bigger in file size (980+mb), but it has all of the same items and most of the IDs are the same. We've decided to use this re-uploaded version of the mod as it's the only thing we really can do at this point. Gameplay shouldn't really be changed or affected as all of the items from the old pack are still here. You may notice some items missing from your inventory/lockers/bases/shops though, which was caused due to the removal of the deleted mod.

Kredits replaced with Bottlecaps

Kredits are not in the modpack anymore, instead they're replaced with Bottlecaps. This means the currency on our servers has also changed from Kredits to Bottlecaps. The way everything works is still the same, just the name and appearance of the currency has changed. Personally I'm pretty happy with this change, it gives more of an apocalyptic style and feel to the economy system. Commands are now /buy "1 bottle" or /sell "1 bottle"

Changes from here

Now having a modpack that is almost 1GB in size on the server is not ideal, and if you're taking a while to load in, there's nothing wrong with your game/pc, it's just the new modpack. Since we now use a custom version of Chernarus, we're going to add the original mods from the modpack and set spawnrates on our map. This mean's we can allow what we want to spawn, and only have mods that are in use on the server. This will drastically lower loading times and will make the server more balanced. It also means we can finally get rid of those damn laser guns!

Anyway, sorry about this little hiccup, everything should work ok now though. Finally I can go to bed... 3:56am and I have to be up early tomorrow(today) reeeeeee

Topic starter Posted : 12/05/2018 3:56 am
Lucius Malterius
(@lucius)
Trusted Member

I wonder if the BottleCaps are still stackable like the Kredits (10,20,50,100,500,1000), because that will be a little problem if people want to store their money.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2018 6:21 am
crazy bob
(@crazy-bob)
Honorable Member Customer

Nylex, thnx for all the work you put in to keep the servers running !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2018 11:38 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Bottlecaps still stack (10,25,50,100,1000)

Thanks Bob!:)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/05/2018 12:15 pm
Lucius Malterius
(@lucius)
Trusted Member

The modpack changing had a drastic change into my shop, all the clothes from the mannequins disappeared, the most important one was the witch outfit wich costed me 6 soul crystals and 60 pieces of cloth, second the armory rack disappeared and all the items that were in it followed his way, third most of the items into my shop changed into the food from Fallout 3, and now I can't even craft the clothes that I used to RP because they don't exist in the mudpack, I tried very recipe and most of the thing were destroyed, hope you guys that modpack back cause this really had a drastic change in quite few shops.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2018 12:28 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yeah hopefully it won't be long until the servers are stable and consistent where these problems won't occur 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/05/2018 2:21 am
Swug
 Swug
(@retardedfox)
Estimable Member

See this is what i would call a good owner of a server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2018 7:31 am
Nylex reacted
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

gay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2018 4:17 pm
Ed
 Ed
(@truemoo)