Whitelisted Server ...

Notifications
Clear all

Whitelisted Server Suggestion (Common Politeness)

eulestein22
(@eulestein22)
Eminent Member Customer

In my experience if two people wish to RP together they either do it spontaneously or  set up a roleplay together. A vague scene with which both sides are equally pleased. Afterwards, said scene can be played out. I would like to suggest the same concept to robberies and raiding. Of course, many players on here argue that such an element is a natural part of a post apocalyptic world, but one should understand that the RPs which occur on this server are not purely written. They occur in a game, where one collects items, guns and gear. A person spends time acquiring those goods  by themselves. If one were to rob them or raid them, they would lose hours of their life. Unlike on forums where one can write a post about the possessions of his character and can acquire fortunes over the time span of merely 15 minutes.

Furthermore, in all my life as a roleplayer everyone who I met is allowed to refuse a certain roleplay. Then if a roleplay was refused, both sides brainstorm what kind of roleplay would benefit them both or simply part ways peacefully. I as a writer am very concerned about the current state of roleplay on the Whitelisted server as well as other servers. Roleplay should make all participating parties smile, not just one and not under any circumstances should roleplay make people sad or depressed. That is not roleplay anymore. A book or a game is only being read, because it is fun. If only one side benefits from a play, then that is not a roleplay. It is plain abuse. If something does not go right during a RP, one should not say "Yeah, that is how my character acts. Deal with it." or try to keep finding endless excuses how the negative behavior towards a player was totally justified. The first reaction of a human being towards another sad human being is not "I am right, you are wrong". It should be "Are you alright? Why are you sad? I am sorry. How could we do it better."  Roleplay can only occur if it is a play and during a play everyone can say "Let us do something else." It is a play. It is not real life. What I want to see in the future by implementing the rule of  "Setting up a robbery, raid or a far more complicated and aggressive RP together before playing it out" is roleplay itself, because roleplay only happens if both sides play together and not one side forcing its strange desires upon another by sheer force, trampling over the feelings of a human being.

Regarding the question how one is supposed to enforce those rules is simple. If one was robbed or raided he can complain about it. If the accused side does not have a screenshot that the two agreed upon this, then it is banned without mercy. It is fairly simple and to take a screenshot is not hard. Especially, if you do not plan to raid and rob someone on a daily basis, because if you do, then you should not be on a hardcore RP server to begin with, since roleplay only functions due to the concept of a mutual understanding and mutual fun.  Those who only wish to obtain the "fun" for themselves  and write, play for their own and only their own gain, ignoring the feelings of others are egoistic, self-centered and morally crippled human beings, who should study ethics before trying to interact with others.

Topic starter Posted : 25/06/2017 9:21 pm
PFQ reacted
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

This earns my +1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2017 9:25 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

It all depends on the persons stance if it was a pleasurable experience, I do not think you have to limit people's. This isn't a theatre or a screenplay, this is an improvised story where both sides improv. on the spot, within the moment, what both sides to with that is their decision, not a mutual "studied" scene.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2017 9:26 pm
Timothy
(@fleikez)
Estimable Member Customer
Posted by: Opti

It all depends on the persons stance if it was a pleasurable experience, I do not think you have to limit people's. This isn't a theatre or a screenplay, this is an improvised story where both sides improv. on the spot, within the moment, what both sides to with that is their decision, not a mutual "studied" scene.

Think you got the wrong idea, I don't think he means that it has to be studied, but should definitely be pleasurable experiences for both parties, whether it's a robbery or whatever. It should be fun and give happy vibes, not vibes that make people hate eachother. Character's can hate eachother but it's mutual in a RP way and because they have fun with that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2017 9:30 pm
eulestein22
(@eulestein22)
Eminent Member Customer

I do not Opti and it is a play and like in a real play you can leave the scene if you dislike it. Like mentioned by Timothy Carmo, both sides should have their fun. And yes. It depends on the person's personal stance, but if someone says "No, this is not alright. I do not like this." Then you should accept it. Otherwise, you will be forcing your will on others and it is not a roleplay anymore, but abuse.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/06/2017 9:48 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I don't really agree, where's the threat, the worry? these are all emotions that should be equally felt to happiness. In fact, in an apocalypse I'd expect more worry and fear to be present. It is supposed to be immersive after all.

I like the idea of unscripted roleplay, having players plan what they're gonna do OOC beforehand kinda takes away all elements of surprise. Going with the flow where anything can happen is exciting to me. If someone isn't roleplaying at all then sure, complain but actual roleplay situations where you end up at a loss (like being robbed) are bound to happen. You can have up's without downs. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2017 10:01 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

After all it's not rehearsals for a scene in a play or a movie, its just unscripted roleplay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2017 10:02 pm
eulestein22
(@eulestein22)
Eminent Member Customer

I see.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/06/2017 10:04 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

huh I agree, but I enjoy all roleplay, maybe I like being abused ;P

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2017 10:16 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I do think people should have a common politeness and act upon what's best for the roleplay situation they're in however- but just kept unscripted. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2017 6:01 am
BobbyJ
(@bobbyj)
Eminent Member Customer

Adding on to what Nylex said I think unscripted roleplay brings out the best of someone's roleplay capabilities and weeds out those who are actually in this server for the rp experience and those who treat this like any other server with just more restrictions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 9:40 am
Share: