The Perfect Map. Th...

Notifications
Clear all

The Perfect Map. The Nylex Inspired Map.

Surprise655
(@surprise655)

I would like to make a Map Exclusively for Nylex Servers. I want it to be great for community. So the question to everyone, what makes a great map? Where should be loot? Should there be a Structure like Hawaii? Should it be more like Germany? More like Chern LN? Let me know! (Nylex you can chime in too <3) 

Topic starter Posted : 10/07/2017 2:22 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Good map is not too detailed and not too un-detailed, its down to earth and the point of the map is clear.

Make your map unique-- Have anything and everything that people will remember after they leave ur map after playing it on it for 2hrs.

Think-- How are you gonna craft ur map? What type is it gonna? Is it gonna be built for rp? All these questions should be clear before u start working.

How to start-- As a map creator, I like to follow the basic rule of map making. Terrain>Environment>Structures>Environment tweaks>structure tweaks>Spawns>final touches. Dont forget to test the map after every major location you make.

Loot-- If its on nylex servers the lootspawn wont really do much xD But anyhow, there should be a progressive loot system, and the 'hotspots' or the places of the map you know everyone will be at at any given point, should be carefully made and given loot. Examples of hotspots: NW Airfirled (cherno). Volk base (russia), Alika base (Hawaii).

Get help-- Map making is a hefty task, especially alone, to make a good map and add a lot of unique stuff, like hawaii caves,sewers,big cities etc. You gotta get some help, in any regards. I would love to help you, but Im not in mood for mapmaking :p

Another thing you could do that will make people remember your map is to have custom structures.

I hope this helped, need more help and tips? Let me know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2017 2:47 pm
Timothy
(@fleikez)
Estimable Member Customer

A single map takes weeks, months or even years to make. That is a good fking map, not some trashy maps like the new nelson maps... I advise you to take images out of terrains and try to copy them and focusing first on terrain as a priority and if you want it to be a good map you have to optimise it really well using render blocks everywhere or else everyone will just lag. I'd watch some map creator videos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2017 3:29 pm
kacpero243
(@kacpero243)
Eminent Member Customer

Like Mr.Rawr said make your map unique and dont over complicate if you want it to be for the community then make sure it isnt laggy for all those people who dont have crazy good PCs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2017 4:35 pm
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Timothy

That is a good fking map, not some trashy maps like the new nelson maps...

Nelson's new maps are trashy??? They're super detailed, amazing locations, look beautiful and Germany feels like a perfect size.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2017 8:40 pm
Willybh
(@willybh)
Posted by: MrRawr

Good map is not too detailed and not too un-detailed, its down to earth and the point of the map is clear.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2017 8:48 pm
Willybh
(@willybh)

Sorry, didn't mean to post that without the rest of the reply!

I was just going to say that that is well put. I don't really know anything about map-making, but I do know what makes a good map good.

Just voicing my agreement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2017 4:06 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

9 sorries aint enough. ban

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2017 10:32 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

deleted that spam, jeez

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2017 1:51 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Personally when it comes to maps I like the more detailed the better along with unique locations. I love it when map makers get creative with objects and build cool things out of them too. Like this dead guy made out of books for example.

I like those overgrown real apocalyptic looking maps that are jam packed with stuff. New Brunswick is a great example with the piles of abandoned cars, the makeshift fortified buildings and all the little details that make it feel like an apocalypse. The city that's on a map called Lasland is absolutely amazing too. 

To me, the aesthetics of a map is most important than anything.

That being said, I'd recommend trying not to tax performance too much since some people in the community might struggle to run it. 
All the mappers that I've spoken too are real talented dudes, I can barely make a fraction of what they're capable of. Never knew you could make maps Surprise 🙂 If you go through with this, I'll be looking forward

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2017 2:04 pm
Surprise655
(@surprise655)

I plan to go through with it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/07/2017 7:09 pm
Surprise655
(@surprise655)

Hey Nylex, how did the Chern LN get those custom weapon spawns? Did you ask the map creator to do it or what?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/07/2017 7:10 pm
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Surprise655

Hey Nylex, how did the Chern LN get those custom weapon spawns? Did you ask the map creator to do it or what?

I think the mod creators are in charge of that, they just classify them as "military loot" or whatever, and any zone with military loot will spawn those modded weapons too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2017 8:17 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

The mods that have the guns and all. They use the spawn tables and put their mods in it. There are spawn tables like civil, police, specops, military etc. And the areas on the map that are marked as the same loot table will spawn those mods

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2017 10:56 am
Share: