suggestions i guess...

Notifications
Clear all

suggestions i guess?

Mig
 Mig
(@mig)
Active Member Customer

Alright, to start up my first suggestion is to re-think the items we currently have on the server, some of them are useless and get abused by admins.
For example we should remove these two workshops -- iLLmatik Gaming Littlebird (24 Heli Pack) -- Zoli's Military Vehicles
Why? Well because there is no one with these vehicles other than admins, which they can spawn these vehicles. And sometimes these vehicle packs aren't used for the good things, and well, you can guess they get abused by admins to kill large amounts of people.

If you have any other item suggestions just post them in the comments and those can be reviewed too!

Alright, another thing is staff. 
The staff currently is this, if they get enough votes they become staff. But the thing is they start at the top with the highest commands which I think is a terrible idea. We should have a staff ranking, they start at the bottom then they start going higher. For example they start at trial mod, then mod, then supermod and then admin.
Obviously the trial mods have little power then power increases with the higher staff position. This would improve the server a lot since we won't have staff instantly having the highest commands possible.

Another thing about staff is votes, I did hear Nylex saying in discord that the staff voted when they were deciding on making someone a staff member. Which I think SHOULD NOT be happening, staff votes should count as regular votes and the players decide if they should become staff. Unless Nylex decides he found a trustworthy and friendly player that is active and that can become staff, then it is Nylex's choice to promote the person.

Alright, and here it is how to improve the roleplay. Since the server currently isn't much of a roleplay server because of reasons, first of all there isn't much roleplay to it, the best we can get are SZ Shops and robberies.
We should add things like roles, people can become police and or chef's. This could improve the roleplay by giving a specific position to roleplay out.
Another thing would be like drug hideouts or criminal hideouts for them to plan out attacks or a police hideout to counter attackers.

This is currently all I can write but I will be posting more some other time.

oh right and mr.rawr if you are reading this, ive probably said the same things you have said before but i was too lazy to actually check what you have wrote.
<3

Topic starter Posted : 04/06/2017 2:37 pm
MrRawr reacted
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

1. I'm not sure but those mods may already be in Steve's rp bundle which if you don't know, is the mega mod pack which contains of 80% of all the mods on the server. I know there is a chance that admins may abuse it, but I've never really seen any admin abuse it too much than 'p'.

2. I somewhat agree. If the staff don't get access to certain commands, the players wouldn't know that this staff doesn't have access to that command and that he shouldn't be trusted more. This may also lead to the division of people on the basis of ranks, which can seriously ruin the whole server. However, I feel that there should be more types of mod roles. People that are active and known for helping others on the forums and discord should be moderators aswell, we really need more staff members.. 

3. Votes can be highly abused so it is never a good choice, though if nylex makes something like a 'voting party' consisting of active and reputable members on the forums discord and servers and they decide the votes, it would be better. 

4. This is supposed to be post apocalyptic rp. You don't need police and robbers(unless there's a huge city for a sz,then it would be fun). Also it's better to let the people decide what role they wanna play rather than being assigned one. If they are assigned one they will get bored of it at sometime and the consequences due to that will cause mayhem. Trust me. It will. 

Otherwise I like the ideas, maybe all these could be implemented into the whitelisted servers? Good luck! 🙂 

PS. See what happens when you don't read what I told you to? I write long ass reply Kek? Byeee xD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2017 2:59 pm
Mig
 Mig
(@mig)
Active Member Customer

1. That has to be checked then and see if it does.

2. The commands can be put in the rules, with for example "Trial mod can use these commands: ............."

3. Votes can always be abused, there is always a way around. A simple voting system will do the job fine, like strawpoll.

4.  They get to choose what they would like to roleplay out, for example they can do the command /role chef to roleplay out a chef in a SZ shop and sell food ect. And choosing a role is not required either, it's if the player wants to roleplay a specific job they can do the command and then they get a CHEF tag infront of their name showing they are a chef and you can buy food from them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/06/2017 3:06 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

For no. 4,of what you said above, 

That would just suck tbh. One thing that makes unturnedroleplay different from other rp servers is that it doesn't have command list bullshit.players can work out just their way and become famous for what they are doing, not by putting tags in front of their name. That would really suck.. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2017 3:12 pm
Nylex reacted
Pein
 Pein
(@pein)
Reputable Member Customer

The reason that there arent roles is because this is post apocalyptic rp not life rp, after an apocalypse i doubt there are chefs, policemen, doctors and things like that its not supposed to be rp like you are a person that could be IRL. you're supposed to be in an apocalyptic wasteland, not todays city or whatever

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2017 3:15 pm
Nylex reacted
Mig
 Mig
(@mig)
Active Member Customer

But be have SZ with shops?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/06/2017 3:52 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Vehicles from those two workshop mods DO spawn for regular players at vehicle feasts. Look out for a message in chat that says "Bandits have abandoned a [vehicle name] at [location], go find it and it may be yours!" However admin abuse is obviously not welcome here so feel free to report any admins doing things like that. 

The way we decide new admins doesn't begin with staff votes.- If the community likes a player, or if a player catches staff's eyes. We try get to know that person. If we get along and they seem like a nice person who does amazing helpful things around the servers we'll have a discussion and vote for if its a good idea to bring them aboard the staff team. I never make decisions by myself- these servers are around thanks to the equal efforts between staff, not just me. -(infact staff probably do more than me for the servers lol)- So we make decisions together.

Usually new staff members begin with the moderator rank- If you're referring to Pike's case, he started as an admin because a large part of his staff role was revolved around his safezone and he needed access to the commands to alter the region permissions for it. 

Not to offend but the roleplay ideas you suggest are not what these servers are about. These are survival roleplay servers- apocalyptic. Having police, chefs, firemen etc is more suited to Life Roleplay servers, not Survival Roleplay servers. The aim of the servers is for players to roleplay as a survivor in an apocalypse, improvising etc (think walking dead style). I've never been a fan of having to stop and type commands during RP- I feel it breaks immersion and seems a clunky way of doing things.

We have Safezones for sure, just like I'd imagine there would be in an actual apocalypse. People would band together and create a community. Having like medics and maybe leaders/mayors of the communities would be fine. But nothing that has to be an official role, it's nice to let people just slip into what role they want 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2017 5:49 pm
About_30_ninjas
(@about_30_ninjas)
Estimable Member

Although I think these are some valid suggestions.... I don't think your taking into account the point of the servers. They are designed to allow players to roleplay a lone survivor who is trying his best to scavenge the goods he needs to live in this god forsaken world. Your suggestions seem to be more directed so life roleplay instead. Despite this  I would like to thank you for taking the time to type out these suggestions.

-Ninjas

"The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy too tell others how they love them while they're alive"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2017 6:37 pm
Share: