Planned Events

Notifications
Clear all

Planned Events

Page 1 / 2
eulestein22
(@eulestein22)
Eminent Member Customer

Would it be possible for Nylex or his mods to host RP events on the Whitelisted server and announcing them over a separate Discord Event section? That would greatly boost its population and teach people how to RP with proper experiences they gather from those events, since a lot of people on the Whitelisted server vanished after the first days due to the countless raids and power tantrums people decided to have.

Topic starter Posted : 12/07/2017 8:00 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Yeah i agree, I talked about these 'events' in my post(s)

But the thing is, the events that i suggested dont fit in with the roleplay.

I suggested that kos be allowed on full moon, but thats not rp is it.

Some events, can still be held, if nylex were to go into editor and edit the map so that he can add some stuff. For example it would be cool if he added the liberator somewhere and announced "The liberator has arrived to Cherno! Grab the loot while u can!" and stuff.

But meh, events arent a bright idea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2017 8:09 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

That would be a lot of fun, also it would be neat if people could suggest an event. For example, you could suggest that Nylex and some staff roleplay as bandits and attack your base, and get some regular players to go along with them. It could be anything, really, as long as it kick-starts the action. The first week or two were so much fun on the whitelisted server since there were a lot of people, and a lot seemed to be happening. Now it seems like there's a lot less people and all I really ever do is gather loot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2017 8:11 pm
Timothy
(@fleikez)

This is a fantastic idea, I was thinking in doing some player hosted events maybe, but this is a totally awesome idea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2017 8:57 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

That would be cool! I like the idea of having staff RP as bandits for an event. (similar to how ArmA 3 exile has it with NPC's)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2017 6:49 am
eulestein22
(@eulestein22)
Eminent Member Customer

Alright. In that case you would need to open a Discord Channel called "Whitelisted Events" in the main discord channel for the servers. I believe it is called Nylex. We require 3 mods to supervise those events. One to recruit players, the second to write RP drafts and assign roles as well as coordinate the event itself. The third mod acts alike a supervisor, who makes sure the first and second mod are working properly and has to check their work alongside the RP drafts. The time frame for a single event should be set at first "Once A Week." The recruitment of players should only begin after the second mod has finished a vague draft and made up roles for players to take. Only then the first mod can keep posting an ad in the main channel and a static ad in the forums to gather folks, which wish to sign up for the event.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/07/2017 12:04 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

first lets focus on getting more peeps into whitelisted? Its just me and Jeff on usually.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2017 12:32 pm
eulestein22
(@eulestein22)
Eminent Member Customer

Rawr. This is how you get peeps on. People left because of drama and the fact that folks did not really RP that much. Now one has to regain their trust.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/07/2017 2:14 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

If the staff might do these events in the future, I could write a few scripts or story ideas if needed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2017 3:18 pm
Timothy
(@fleikez)

Yeah same.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2017 10:50 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

Nah I don't like the idea of only having bandits as an event, it should be something present at all times. Perhaps if possible spawn in tons of zombies at certain locations as a "horde" (Like put down a horde beacon in every city and town).

I think the best thing to focus on is getting more people on, and getting the appropriate moderations present on the servers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2017 7:31 pm
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Opti

Nah I don't like the idea of only having bandits as an event, it should be something present at all times. Perhaps if possible spawn in tons of zombies at certain locations as a "horde" (Like put down a horde beacon in every city and town).

I think the best thing to focus on is getting more people on, and getting the appropriate moderations present on the servers.

I think the best idea for events is a big variety in them. Maybe some zombie events, some bandits, a missing person, a cult, etc. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2017 8:42 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

I never suggested that bandits be the only event, I just gave that as an example of how the staff could fill roles not filled by players for RP events.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2017 11:54 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member
Posted by: gsop
Posted by: Opti

I think the best idea for events is a big variety in them. Maybe some zombie events, some bandits, a missing person, a cult, etc. 

bandits sound gay af, i like the missing person idea, theres already a cult m8, zombie events sounds good too, like maybe nylex could change spawnrates,hp,special zombies etc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2017 10:06 am
Timothy
(@fleikez)

Opti, I don't think anyone said it was bandits only events, it's a variety. We can do anything you can think of.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2017 10:53 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: