Notifications
Clear all

Germany Server

Page 1 / 2
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member

So since the new map Germany comes out in a couple days, I was wondering if there were already plans for making a Germany server. It might also make a good candidate for a second whitelisted server, since no one would know the map, and therefore not able to metagame with knowledge of the map.

Topic starter Posted : 06/07/2017 1:02 am
Wizzard reacted
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

Personally I think there will be a germany server, however I do not think that making a second whitelisted server is a good idea while the whitelisted mumbo jumbo is still in it's prototype phase, a lot of kinks need to be sorted out, for instance; rules, guidlines etc.. Also I do not think the whitelisted community is big enough yet to support more servers when you average about 4-6 active players.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2017 7:14 am
PFQ reacted
Timothy
(@fleikez)
Estimable Member Customer
Posted by: Opti

Personally I think there will be a germany server, however I do not think that making a second whitelisted server is a good idea while the whitelisted mumbo jumbo is still in it's prototype phase, a lot of kinks need to be sorted out, for instance; rules, guidlines etc.. Also I do not think the whitelisted community is big enough yet to support more servers when you average about 4-6 active players.

+1 I'm with Opti, I don't think the community is ready for yet another server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2017 12:38 pm
Surprise655
(@surprise655)

I am with Opti + 1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2017 2:34 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yup indeedy, a Germany server is already made and ready to go as soon as the map is released:)

It's a really good idea to have a whitelisted germany server that eliminates metagaming, but I haven't got round to getting more whitelisted servers up, I was gonna wait for the current one to even out and become stable first.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2017 4:40 pm
Wizzard
(@wizzard)
New Member Customer

Honestly I'd love to see a Germany Whitelisted server, tho, if the situation is like Opti said, then the comunity is not ready for another one.

(But still, I love the idea as it is brilliant, the map is cool and it would be REALLY fun. 😉 )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2017 5:41 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

meh, idk. Chernaurus is kinda dull and all :/ Nelson's maps are always somewhat fun to play on. I mean judging from the trailer, Germany has lots of good locations for rp..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2017 6:31 pm
gsop and Wizzard reacted
diggydoggy
(@diggydoggy)
Trusted Member Customer

Yus im so excited for the map

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2017 4:11 am
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Posted by: MrRawr

meh, idk. Chernaurus is kinda dull and all :/ Nelson's maps are always somewhat fun to play on. I mean judging from the trailer, Germany has lots of good locations for rp..

Like which?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2017 7:35 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

namely from the trailer, prison,coalition base,the castle,city is kinda ok, etc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2017 11:23 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

lol opti why you so against the new mapXD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2017 7:04 pm
Timothy
(@fleikez)
Estimable Member Customer

I am sorry but Nelson maps have always been really boring and very disappointing, like really and you really are just saying chernarus is dull because you want the map changed for no good reason, it makes no sense really!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2017 7:13 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Posted by: Nylex

lol opti why you so against the new mapXD

It's more about the way people talk about it is making me lose interest, people were hyping about it even before anyone knew what it was going to look like. Also I know from maps Nelson made or directed in the past that he has no real experience with level design, not saying that I have but from what I know within the workshop, there are people that do it 10 times better in a less amount of time, and supply the community with more frequent updates. And from seeing a few streams here and there, the map is filled with bugs and glitches, something he could've found out by handing this patch manually to people and youtubers alike to sort most of this stuff out before it was even released to the public. Also from seeing quite some streams already, it feels to me that Germany is empty, there is something mayor lacking and I can't really put a finger on what it actually is.

I do however enjoy the town that got hit with massive cases of diarrhea. Another thing that I do find good about the map is a properly sized military encampment and a more "authority" presence in cities, like the blue tents.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2017 9:12 pm
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Timothy Carmo

I am sorry but Nelson maps have always been really boring and very disappointing, like really and you really are just saying chernarus is dull because you want the map changed for no good reason, it makes no sense really!

While Chernarus is more realistic, I think Nelson's map has more character. Chernarus has a bunch of similar towns and cities, and one or two really memorable locations, but Nelson's maps always have cool geography, and a ton of really unique locations. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/07/2017 9:38 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member
Posted by: Timothy Carmo

Nah dude, I'm not saying that cuz I want the map to change, in fact after playing on Germany now I'm kinda tilted towards cherno, but my question is why only cherno? Why not some other modded map that's nice too. Chernaurus looks dull, as gsop said, it had very little memorable locations, no unique terrain, objects, and the weather just seems dull.maybe some other modded map would be nice, Germany would be great for life rp. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2017 11:37 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: