Notifications
Clear all

Discord - Support Channel - Suggestion

Sky
 Sky
(@sky)
Active Member Customer

The Issue:

In Discords, many players visit there to ask questions and expect an answer to their problems much faster than forums. Due to the fact that Nylex's Discord does not have a place to ask it in, it often gets in tangled in the ever growing messages in the #chat. This leads to the question sometimes not being answered. 

The Suggestion and Solution:

To combat this issue, I would suggest creating a chat room where a player can report an issue or player using a template. 
An example of this might be:
Report Template:

Report ID: Letters and Numbers limited to 6 Ex: A03

In-game Name: (Ex. Sky A. Wright)

Issue: Ex: A player killed me on sight!

Server of the Issue: (Ex. Chernarus Roleplay - Whitelisted)

Evidence (if applicable):

Screenshot of Map Location:

Screenshots/Witnesses/Video:

(This may also include an image on the map of where this has taken place.)

Steam Profile Links: 

The Culprit(s) Steam Profile Links:

Topic starter Posted : 06/12/2017 3:04 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Because that's the entire purpose of this website, they're asked to fill out a report here instead of the discord because its a more organized and better place. I think If we had two places for reports it'd make things a bit messy 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2017 3:26 am
Sky
 Sky
(@sky)
Active Member Customer

Seems quite reasonable. Thank you for the input, I appreciate it~

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/12/2017 3:44 am
Sky
 Sky
(@sky)
Active Member Customer

ReplyQuote
Sky
 Sky
(@sky)
Active Member Customer

ReplyQuote
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Yes, however the forums can be buggy at times as evident by a repeat of the same comment three times. I don't think the discord should be a place to report players for KOS, however! A #support channel might be a good place for people having trouble with the game and don't know how to fix it. Those questions I do know for a fact get overlooked, and I think some people might be a good place for them to get some help by people who know how to fix the issues at hand.

-P.F.Q

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2017 2:33 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Perhaps a support channel with a pinned message about the forums letting people know that there won't always be an answer on Discord. 

Also I think the reason for multiple posts at once is because people press the submit button that many times whilst their post is being submitted:P
There's a small time between pressing the submit button and the post displaying as a reply so I reckon people must think it doesn't go through at first

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2017 4:29 pm
Share: