Allow for less evid...

Notifications
Clear all

Allow for less evidence of KoS

Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

The servers have really gone downhill, I can't go to any military installation without getting KoSed. It's really out of hand and frustrating, so I think less evidence should be required to report someone for KoSing. Instead of the victim having to prove that it WAS a KoS, the accused should have to prove that it WASN'T. This would make the amount of people who KoS but get away because people aren't recording do go down immensely. If it proves to be abused, then the system could be changed back.  Something has to be done about this KoS epidemic, and major steps have to be taken.

Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2017 5:07 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

PS: I understand this could be controversial, I don't necessarily want it that much, but I felt it was worth it to propose a possible solution.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2017 5:17 pm
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

If that was the case i could literally say you KoSed me just now even though i haven't been on the server. it never happened so you'd have no proof that it didn't happen therefore you'd get banned for no reason and nothing would be solved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2017 5:24 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

Is there a console? If so, the staff could check and see if I was on at the time you said. But there could be a lot of abuse of this, it isn't the best idea I've had.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2017 5:43 pm
About_30_ninjas
(@about_30_ninjas)
Estimable Member

There is a console... But it simply says "Example A was killed by Example B" .... This is not sufficient information to ban someone or even accuse someone of kosing...

-Ninjas

He was a coward. Being strong, not giving up. That was just his place to hide. He pushed away the pain so hard, he
disconnected himself from the person he loved the most. Sometimes when you win, you lose.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2017 6:19 pm
Jack A. Nus
(@jack-a-nus)
Trusted Member

Perhaps a middle ground? If someone makes a report on someone with only partial evidence, but enough to show that perhaps it was KOS, then Admins could possibly try to find time to question the individual on it, or if that really isn't an option, have the report go into a file, so that if any further, possibly more substantial reports are made on a person, then even the past, partial reports could be used to determine if the suspect has a history of KOS.

-Jack

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2017 8:00 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

Yeah, like for example, maybe five partial reports by different people spread out over time could be enough to ban. This would definitely help as a lot of people have KoSed a lot, but none of the victims were recording. Thanks for making a more logical solution to my idea.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2017 8:59 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

if there isn't evidence then there's nothing to go off. As r3d said, if the accused doesn't have proof then they shouldn't be banned.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2017 3:30 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I do have an idea to elaborate with though,

Perhaps less evidence is really 'needed' for more reputable players. If someone with a good reputation makes a report, staff could trust and take their word for it. Banned players can always appeal 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2017 3:38 pm
Commander Stanky
(@stankyfeetgaming)

i do agree with nylex, as i have thought about more trusted players able to have less evidence. It just makes sense

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2017 9:56 pm
R3dsorialPeak17
(@r3dsorialpeak17)
Eminent Member
Posted by: r3dsquirell

If that was the case i could literally say you KoSed me just now even though i haven't been on the server. it never happened so you'd have no proof that it didn't happen therefore you'd get banned for no reason and nothing would be solved.

10/10 agreed

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2017 5:46 am
SgtTNT
(@sgttnt)
Trusted Member Customer

i just wanna say that most of the time when you get shot at NW its because you walked into a robbery gone wrong (a battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2017 2:58 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

Also I think people aren't sure if NW is actually a KoS zone yet, or if it will be, since it's sort of been announced, but there's nothing official yet.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/06/2017 3:24 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I'm spending all of today working on servers, announcements, staff, I'm getting everything cleared up dont worry

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2017 7:06 pm
Share: