Notifications
Clear all

Raven falsely bans on Discord

Page 1 / 4
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

Let me start of by giving you an introduction about how me and Mr.Rawr communicate and fool around

This is a story all about how, my life got flipped turned… Hold on, wrong memory.

Me and Mr.Rawr like to fool around in chat, keep it active and all. Whenever I get bored, I change my name to Mr.Rawr as well and use a avatar similar to his, only changed to the colour of MVP+. We call each other cunts, faggots and other stuff. Aside from this we are well aware of the rules and info that are present about the servers and discord, and I can’t think of an instance we actually broke or abused these, we would even enforce these by conversation, since that’s all we have.

I will provide the chat log, this chat log is provided by Mr.Rawr, since I got banned before I was able to make any screenshots of this, this is why I am not present in these. However I was asked to write this “bible” since Mr.Rawr had to go to bed, any missing info will be added by Rawr. 

The sub-titles will be in a color similar to the boxes/lines in the chat log, so you can look up what is talked about.

Previous experiences with Raven

Personally I do not have that many experiences with Raven, aside from a few conversations on Discord and once in game for just a few seconds. However I have heard a few horror stories about him; 

These are mostly about how he owned a town in game where he sold shops for Unturned skins, after which he used the argument of needing to feed his family.

Also I heard previous stories about making up rules to fit his own agenda, for instance the stuff that had happened today, but also previous ordeals.

Accidents happen

As you will be able to see in the screenshots provided is that Raven asked Mr.Rawr to stop mentioning him. However during all of this Rawr was busy writing his issue on a phone, and as most of us know, when your type on a phone and the sentence is getting longer, it will obscure the chat, preventing you from seeing what ever is being written. So when Rawr posted his issue, he did mention Raven again. Upon seeing this after he wrote, he quickly edited his mistake, but this was too late, resulting in receiving a kick.

If you’re busy, either go on “offline” or disable notifications 

Banned to “cool down”

As you can see in the screenshots is that I have been banned from the Nylex discord for just calling Raven a cunt and that I might even be banned for longer because I need to cool down. But if people know me, whenever I go formal on someones ass, doesn’t mean I am heated, there has not been a moment a side from my shop being removed for illegitimate reasons that I have been heated. In my honest opinion it was Raven that needed some ice.

I have the feeling, according to what I’ve read from the chat and from what I experienced from it is that he thinks that there are more rules present than there actually are, Twice being mentioned is not spam, it’s even supported in the rules to ping a staff issues whenever issues are present, I believe, because I can’t get on the discord atm.

Let me Quote something that Nylex wrote on a different issue:

Posted by: Nylex

“And lastly, There is absolutely no rule about what you can and cannot say. If you wana call Pike a faggot, go ahead. If you wana call me a cunt, go ahead. And most importantly, if you wana state your opinion, go ahead! All warns and bans given for what people have said are false, and I'd be happy to resolve them.”

Threats & Pestering

No explanation needed, I assume you know what this means.

LINK FOR CHATLOG

Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2017 1:07 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Hello,

From the day I first met raven to current day, raven had always been a shady staff in the back of my mind. Way back when shadow dragon 64 and Hongkonghuman were admins along with raven on the overgrown server, I asked raven shadow for a shop, he said, "go ask raven, unlike him I dont want to get banned". I didn't know what this meant at the time, I was new to the servers and didn't know anyone. I approached raven, told him that I wanted a shop and such, he sent me back to shadow.. The next time I logged on I saw raven online and I decided to approach him again for a shop. He said, while destroying another shop : "I'll give you a shop. Add me on steam" this is where I got confused. Raven asked me to pay him steamskins every week as shop tax (which I later found out that others were paying in ingame items). After I got a bit more comfortable on overgrown, I asked the admins if I could build a big public garage for the entire server to store their vehicles in it. Every admin, except raven and one other I believe, replied yes. Raven didn't agree to give my garage a safe zone even though others agreed. Was it really a bad idea to open up a garage? Anyways, I decided to still build it with my friends. It took a lot of time but we finished it, only to see it raided. And by the way raven and other staff reacted the next day I'm assuming it was either raven or the other staff member that disapproved(he was salty too).

Back to yesterday, 

I log onto discord. I see my friends are on. I call them fags, they don't mind. I call random people 'cunts' they don't mind, I get into voicechat with hooker4hire, we say shit, none of us minded it.(nylex you even came later if you remember, and when you took him from me (Ihateyou))  I replied back "ya fucking twats" while also mentioning hooker and nylex. Both of them where ingame(I'm assuming competitive) match of Csgo.and by the way how hooker raged in the voice chat when he died one would've expected him to shout "stop disturbing me" when all he said was "sorry m8 <3" 

Now, to the argument with raven

How it started: Me and opti where chatting around,(2 people) when a Ferd joins in by asking a question(that's 3) when I see raven log onto discord. I remembered back to the time he took my skins and decided to ping him. Since opti was joking around as my twin he did it as well, raven came about 2 mins later. From here on you can see what we wrote in the chat log assembled by Opti.

Now, while raven and I were discussing this, several people published links to discord, YouTube video etc. And ninjas, warned them first,and then the guy got banned. I'm assuming that ninjas warned the guy not to post discord links and raven instantly temp banned him/kicked (which BTW is what he call 'warning kick'). Then raven goes on with his side of the 'argument' (sometimes they referred to it as argument,sometimes as a discussion)....raven decided to ban opti after he pinged him,while me and raven were discussing this. this is all after I invited raven back again. Opti pinged raven and got banned....when there were more than 2 people in the active discussion. Let's count names: Mr.Rawr, Opti,Raven, Ferd, Ninjas and later on Pein joined for a little while but left after I told him to.

Now, in a situation where there's a discussion or an argument going on between other members, everybody pings the name of the person they're directing message to. In fact, I've called Ninjas in the chat for EG. "hey ninjas, can you xyz" and while ninjas was taking to another guy who was asking "@staff how do I ABC?"  ninjas still used mentioning system to direct message to me, as there were more than two people in the chat. Did I mind? I treated it like I didn't even see it. Did raven mind? It certainly did. According to raven, using mentioning in discussions is considered spamming and is a bannable offense.

I asked raven how active he was on the discord chat, to which he replied "I ban people everyday"... If he was really that active in banning people he would easily see how the chat behaved, how we called each other fags,how we used mentioning system, how some of the people posted gifs and memes in the chat and how the staff laughed to it and let it stay(I would too, the gif and meme were appropriate for the discussion), how the chat does so many acts which in raven's rulebook is considered as the end of the world yet other staff join us on the conversations. You can see ninjas mentioning me several times during the chat log. It was more than 1,I didn't even realize that he mentioned me so many times until I reviewed the screenshots. In the end I decided to finally ask ninjas "Ninjas why you mention me? I'm right here" he clearly replied back, you can see it in the post: "that's what you said, you're not sticking to your own words?" - something like this. 

In the end I mentioned raven as I started talking to ninjas and wanted to direct a message towards raven, raven replied to my question, ninjas pointed that there was no need to mention him, and then I got banned by raven. 

Please let me know your thoughts on this! And I would appreciate it if you spoke up about what raven did was unjust or not. And please somebody explain here how we generally talk in chat, with random people (not raven). Thank you. 

PS, my phone's keyboard is extra large, I can barely see any text, also I was writing a paragraph of about 4 lines (even more space) 

PPS, staff doesn't accept salty and immature kids in the discord that piss people. Ninjas finally banned Skidro from the discord after months of him being here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 5:57 am
Raven
(@raven)
Honorable Member

You guys need some time to cool off. Please don't spam me with @ pings. It is that simple. I asked you to stop and you continued. Thanks and I hope to see you around discord in the future.

/R Raven

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 7:12 am
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

You didn't read the post now did ya?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2017 10:02 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Raven we didnt write these long ass posts just to see you say the same shit you told me yesterday, which i disagree with.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 10:38 am
r3dsquirell
(@r3dsquirell)
Eminent Member Customer

Soooo...I know this isn't my place but from what's here it seems a ban was unnecessary considering there wasn't a warning kick just a "stop spamming". I personally can't get on discord because ninjas banned me and my friends after he banned us off russia and never unbanned us after we proved the ban from russia was unfair. Again, not my place, just an opinion in the situation and asking if i can be unbanned on discord.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 12:07 pm
Dra9on_27
(@dra9on_27)
Estimable Member Customer

Oh my fuck. These are the two people who make Nylex's discord fun and interesting for everyone, always a good joke that makes everyone laugh. This wasn't even cool at all, and I honesty don't know what to say. Unban them. That's it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 1:59 pm
Raven
(@raven)
Honorable Member

I did give a verbal warning first. They did it again after that. I then did a simple kick next. Lastly I temp banned. Joking or not spamming my desktop with @ notifications is wrong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 2:12 pm
Dra9on_27
(@dra9on_27)

You can do something pretty incredible called *mute* and it's stopped that, but you do and ban people so they can *cool off*, and I repeat, the 2 most fun people in the discord.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 2:15 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Posted by: Raven

I did give a verbal warning first. They did it again after that. I then did a simple kick next. Lastly I temp banned. Joking or not spamming my desktop with @ notifications is wrong.

Merely mentioned you once, you got pissy when you got confronted by your wrongdoings and banned me, afterwards you explained that it was because I called you a cunt. 
Cunt.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2017 2:17 pm
Raven
(@raven)
Honorable Member

No you called me a cunt in pm to someone else AFTER the ban. Stop lying.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 2:20 pm
Dra9on_27
(@dra9on_27)

And I'm gonna say, in the rant about Pike getting un-admmined, nylex said we could say whatever the fuck we want to an admin. Cunt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 2:20 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

So? What's your deal? Read this son..

Posted by: Nylex

... And lastly, There is absolutely no rule about what you can and cannot say. If you wana call Pike a faggot, go ahead. If you wana call me a cunt, go ahead. And most importantly, if you wana state your opinion, go ahead! All warns and bans given for what people have said are false, and I'd be happy to resolve them.

Cunt

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2017 2:23 pm
Raven
(@raven)
Honorable Member

I didn't ban you for calling me a cunt. I banned you for spamming.  You need to stop lying, grow up, and move forward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2017 2:26 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

I have never spammed on this discord on my life, sonny boy

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2017 2:27 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: