Notifications
Clear all

Admin Abuse on Discord Server

DerangedMedic
(@derangedmedic)

Nylex or any staff that are not noted in this post,

Staff and/or members who caused or were present during the issue:
Dylan/Rythm/Cole/Cubic/Simplicity

Popped onto the discord looking to enjoy playing on my first Unturned RP server only to be move into a channel where people were spamming music and going on about mowing their lawn. I promptly left the channel only to be moved back in seconds later. I proceeded to mute anybody spamming and left again. Following this departure about 2-5 minutes go by and the person mowing his lawn gets moved into the channel I'm in. I muted him and went about my business. I left the discord some time later and got back on to report the issue. I was directed to the site only after Dylan notified me that I would need some luck to get a Mod in trouble. I will post screenshots of the chat from discord, these staff or members have since been muted on my end and will remain that way until the issue is resolved. Over all was an extremely bad first impression of this community and I just found myself wanting to walk back out the door. I would like to stick around and support the server as it seems to be a really good RP server but I wont put with admins who do whatever the hell they want because they can.

Attached screenshots are all of Dylan being a troll while other admins are trying to figure out exactly what the issue is.

This topic was modified 6 years ago by DerangedMedic
Topic starter Posted : 20/09/2018 2:25 am
Rosa
 Rosa
(@rosa)
Trusted Member Customer

Have you tried this yet?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2018 4:24 am
DerangedMedic
(@derangedmedic)

There's no reason for you or anybody else to be rude because somebody comes into a public server to join a community and instead get treated like a piece of shit or get tossed around in channels/mic spammed. Real friendly bub, no reason for it. If you aren't going to be a part of the solution and instead are just telling me to leave then I politely ask you keep your comments to yourself. 

This post was modified 6 years ago by DerangedMedic
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/09/2018 5:38 am
Rosa
 Rosa
(@rosa)
Trusted Member Customer

I'm not saying you should leave the community, I'm just saying if you are having troubles in the discord voice channels in the server the best option is the leave for a little bit and then come back later if you still wanted to talk. If you tell someone that you don't like it and they keep doing it, they're probably not going to stop. Walking away would have been the best solution for the time being. I really don't want to remind you but this is a child's game. People are going to act childish. If you want to be mature, don't join the voice chat while people who are being childish are on. Now, that being said, should you have a right to join a voice channel and not get moved? I think you should. But by the story you gave us in the beginning, it seems like you were in a voice channel alone and someone just moved you up to a large voice channel. It didn't seem like you were talking to anyone or was involved in a conversation. I'm not trying to defend anyone here, as I could care less about the people you mentioned above, but perhaps the person who moved you wanted to talk to you or thought you wanted to talk to someone. Now, that could have gone better in my opinion, the user should have came to your channel instead of moving you, but to each their own.

Additionally, in the pictures, I really don't see Dylan being a "troll". He's not hindering you, it just looks like he's pestering you. Don't forget about what I said when I mentioned this game is geared towards children.

Finally, since you muted everyone, why did you have to remute the "lawnmower guy"? Adding to that, how do you know he was moved into your channel? A client in a discord server who is unable to view audit logs wouldn't be able to tell if someone was moved, it would just make the joined channel noise. Is the lawnmower guy Rhythm? Because that's a bot...

Thanks!

Rosa 🌹 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2018 5:59 am
DerangedMedic
(@derangedmedic)

At this point is just principle, the admins shouldn't be moving people around. If they don't join your channel or bother you then its safe to say they want no part of you. If there wasn't the music and mic spam i wouldn't have cared but that was my first impression was being moved against my will into a channel where it was basically ear rape and talking about mowing a lawn. The person was logged in on what i can only assume to be his phone due to there being two when I Alt-Tabbed to see who it was. Doesn't help that it sounded like the lawnmower was in the room with me. To remark on just leaving and coming back later, I did exactly that and guess who was still on the server...the same people. Seeing as they currently hold a staff position its a little impossible to not be on the server when they are there. Well whatever you want to call Dylan, hes extremely annoying. So why don't you check your little server log, look at who moved me (I know you can see it.) and slap them on the wrist and tell 'em to leave me alone from now on since you people are just so against resolving this issue.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/09/2018 9:34 am
Jono
 Jono
(@jono)
Estimable Member Customer
Posted by: DerangedMedic

At this point is just principle, the admins shouldn't be moving people around. If they don't join your channel or bother you then its safe to say they want no part of you. If there wasn't the music and mic spam i wouldn't have cared but that was my first impression was being moved against my will into a channel where it was basically ear rape and talking about mowing a lawn. The person was logged in on what i can only assume to be his phone due to there being two when I Alt-Tabbed to see who it was. Doesn't help that it sounded like the lawnmower was in the room with me. To remark on just leaving and coming back later, I did exactly that and guess who was still on the server...the same people. Seeing as they currently hold a staff position its a little impossible to not be on the server when they are there. Well whatever you want to call Dylan, hes extremely annoying. So why don't you check your little server log, look at who moved me (I know you can see it.) and slap them on the wrist and tell 'em to leave me alone from now on since you people are just so against resolving this issue.

How is Rosa so against resolving the issue? For one he/she isn't even staff. Secondly, Dragon literally offered his authority and you sat there on your ass getting ready to bitch about it on the fourms when it could've been dealt with on the spot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2018 10:02 pm
Jono
 Jono
(@jono)
Estimable Member Customer

How is Rosa so against resolving the issue? For one he/she isn't even staff. Secondly, Dragon literally offered his authority and you sat there on your ass getting ready to bitch about it on the fourms when it could've been dealt with on the spot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2018 10:03 pm
Rosa
 Rosa
(@rosa)
Trusted Member Customer

You're absolutely right. If you want to be left alone in a channel, provided you aren't needed for anything, you shouldn't be moved. And if you don't want to hear something then you shouldn't have to, you should mute then or leave the channel/voice chat. You shouldn't have to deal with that if you don't want to. Then again, people can be loud. That's the reason Discord "invented" the volume slider.

You can't be logged into a voice channel on two different devices at the same time. It will kick you out of the latter one you used. For example, if I connected to a voice room on my phone and then to a voice room on my computer, it would kick me out of the voice room on my phone. That probably was an echo through someone's speakers you heard. [Cool factoid: I just tested this now. It forces you out of the voice room and doesn't show you're in there on a separate device. More factoids to come!]

When you said you came back after you left, how long was that? I meant for a few hours, I really don't see people staying in the voice chat rooms for that long. It seems to be that you left and rejoined after about 5 or 10 minutes, but I don't know that side of the story. That's all on you to tell. But the staff position doesn't hold any title to how long people stay in voice chats. They're normally all in their staff rooms, I barely see them in a normal voice room. Not really sure on what you're pointing at, are you trying to say they're always online on discord itself? I'm just a bit confused!

Dylan will be Dylan, I'm not going to defend whatever he did. Barely know the guy. Never talked to him. Never really knew he existed before all of this.

Finally, as I said before "A client in a discord server who is unable to view audit logs wouldn't be able to tell if someone was moved". I'm a client on discord. I'm not staff. Only staff members can view audit logs. I really can't slap staff members on the wrist when I have almost no authority on the server. All I am is just a member, just like you. It isn't my server and will never be my server. [Cool factoid: I just tested it and turns out you can't see me moving people on the audit logs. Sorry about that!!!]

Why would I be so against dealing with this issue? I believe you have an actual complaint. It's not the end of the world and some measures could have been used to prevent it; however, you do have a point. You shouldn't be moved randomly if you don't want to be moved. 

I just want to apologize in advanced actually. This might seem really jumbled, which it really is. But thank you for taking your time and reading it!  😊  😊  😊 

Thanks as ever!!!!

Rosa  🌹  ❤️ 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2018 4:14 am
Share: