Why I sometimes hat...

Notifications
Clear all

Why I sometimes hate TPA.

Tyla
 Tyla
(@tyla)
Trusted Member Customer

I think we should get rid of /tpa. What if your getting raided and your waiting for them to get out of your base so you can kill all of them and they just tp away to a friend and get away really easily and that isn't a roleplay experience. If there is no tp it could be harder and kinda enjoyable because if you want to play with a friend you have to meet or walk, drive, and fly to them instead of tping. It is alot more harder and could be enjoyable. This is why I think we should get rid of /tpa.

- Tyla 

Topic starter Posted : 18/03/2017 4:20 am
Fronnie101TI
(@fronnie101ti)

Tyla you do understand that it takes a long time for teams to group up without TPA. TPA is sometimes good and sometimes bad. And if TPA was removed there'd most likely be a lot of people complaining.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 12:48 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I agree, when I play I never use TPA and I don't agree with it. It's only there because the majority of players want it. I tried adding a cooldown but It bugged out and killed players who used it.- I may consider just removing it altogether.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 2:04 pm
Fronnie101TI
(@fronnie101ti)

Nylex it sounds like a good idea. But in a few weeks people will be asking to get it back. Haha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 3:08 pm
Jack A. Nus
(@jack-a-nus)
Trusted Member

I mean, the only major issue I have found with TPA is people tping during combat or while a captive. I'm not sure if there could be some way for a mod to determine if you are in combat or in cuffs, or if some form of rule could be implemented to stop tp'ing in these situations. Besides that tpa is crucial, especially for newer player's groups, possibly those who don't have vehicles or the such.

-Jack

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 7:21 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

there is a rule already in place about combat logging and TPing. 

I don't think its crucial at all though. When I play to RP I arrange to meet with my friends and I never use TPA myself, I feel it doesn't suit roleplay at all (obviously) and shouldn't really be on a roleplay server. Each to their own I suppose

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 8:08 pm
About_30_ninjas
(@about_30_ninjas)
Estimable Member

If you contact an admin about the issue we will normally deal with it. I personally will come on and tell them that its breaking roleplay and they need to tp back or I will warn them. - Ninjas, Republic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2017 3:40 am
Tyla
 Tyla
(@tyla)
Trusted Member Customer

Well someone was raiding me and i was waiting for  them to jump down the ladder or door to kill them and 1 min later i notice there was none there. It is anoyying to deal with that.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/03/2017 4:43 am
Mrpony
(@mrpony)

With out tpa it would be rlly hard to group up or get back it would take alot of the fun out and alot of the PVP If some one were to kos then there would be no tping back plus nto everyone can fit in vehicles some times

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2017 3:40 am
Pein
 Pein
(@pein)
Reputable Member Customer

I would love to have tpa removed as i agree with you nylex, it destroys the rp concept.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2017 7:18 am
Borky the meme
(@borky-the-meme)
Active Member Customer

During pvp yes but sometimes its needed for new people and it would turn in walking sim 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2017 12:43 pm
Pein
 Pein
(@pein)

they can just do /kit watcher and get 200 exp though and upgrade cardio/exercise

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2017 12:56 pm
Borky the meme
(@borky-the-meme)
Active Member Customer

Still a walking sim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2017 12:58 pm
Pein
 Pein
(@pein)