Whitelisted RP has ...

Notifications
Clear all

Whitelisted RP has been a blast so far! (and news about changes)

Page 1 / 2
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Been playing on the whitelisted server recently and I gotta say, everyone who is a part of that server does an excellent job of RPing. I've never been so immersed in a roleplay adventure before! 

Met some awesome people and heard their backstories, got introduced to their camps and settlements (which I'm happy to see haven't been greifed or raided!) and even took part in an investigation on some spooky mishaps that've been happening around the radio tower area:O 

Thanks to every avid roleplayer who's contributed to making the server what it is. When I first started this site and this server network, THIS is the type of roleplay I had in mind! So glad to see it finally be put to action. 

Changes
Since it is only the first week of the server being open, there may be a few hiccups that need a fix which is all gonna happen. I'll take this opportunity to remind you that if you come across any rule breaker, any FailRP, please report them so we can weed out the bad eggs. As for more technical changes, I'm planning on changing the server mode from easy to hard- let me know what you think and if you'd like that to happen- I'm also planning on lowering the loot spawns as well as limiting the perspective while in a vehicle to just first person- again let me know what you'd think about that- these are all suggestion based changes that I wana implement. So feel free to suggest something and thanks to those who've already done so.:)

For the long run I'd eventually like to have my own modpack on the server since I feel the current one (Steve's RP bundle) is very OP and just a huge unbalanced mess. Along with a few custom plugins to take away displaying names when looking at someone and other RP related stuff.:)

Topic starter Posted : 23/06/2017 9:32 pm
MrRawr reacted
RGB
 RGB
(@rgb)
Active Member Customer

RGB made it great again

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2017 9:36 pm
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member

It was fun seeing you on the server, and I've been having a great experience so far.

Maybe make vehicles able to go into third person, but no third person otherwise? I'm all for realistic survival, but that crosses the line of inconvenient. Especially since there are no vehicle feasts, vehicles are rare and should be a big reward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2017 10:18 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

Yes, I've been having a lot of fun as well. Sort of like Nylex said it is the kind of RP I imagined after watching the Black Hawk Raid video. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2017 10:35 pm
BobbyJ
(@bobbyj)
Eminent Member Customer

I like all the ideas you mentioned above except the name disappearing when looking at someone. I feel like it would be too hard to identify someone just based upon their clothing and considering everyone changes armor, clothes, guns, etc. frequently. And I feel like taking away being able to see the name would cause to much trouble just for that little bit more of immersion. But for groups if you were able to take away the names above the head when out of sight and being able to take away their names on the maps that would be cool.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 3:46 am
BobbyJ
(@bobbyj)
Eminent Member Customer

I also feel that high tier loot is way to common, I've spent about 5 hours ingame and who knows how little of that was looting and I have found way to much guns, backpacks, chest rigs, etc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 4:01 am
Logan
(@logan)
Eminent Member Customer

These are all great ideas, but I think it would be better to keep the game mode to easy. After playing on the Nylex servers for about three months now, I'm used the the gun play and mechanics. All of the other ideas are great thought and I feel that they should be put into the server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 4:57 am
Cody The Magic Dragon
(@cody-the-magic-dragon)
Trusted Member Customer

Hey Nylex, I agree with all the changes except for changing it to hard mode. Everyone has been playing on easy for such a long time that I think it would be too much of a drastic change  put it into hard mode. 

-Cody Anderson 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 5:04 am
Cody The Magic Dragon
(@cody-the-magic-dragon)
Trusted Member Customer

I also think that you should keep steves rp bundle because ppl have gotten really used to it and it would be too much of a drastic change. 

-Cody Anderson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 5:07 am
Cody The Magic Dragon
(@cody-the-magic-dragon)
Trusted Member Customer

One more thing. You should keep Steves rp bundle because it has a lot of real life guns which are hard to find other good quality ones I different mod packs, and you probably wouldn't find one to the scale of steves. So please keep steves rp bundle.

-Cody Anderson 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 5:09 am
Cody The Magic Dragon
(@cody-the-magic-dragon)
Trusted Member Customer

Also ppl (including me) have built their house using materials from steves rp bundle and it would suck if it was taken away because they would have to rebuild their base from scratch.

-Cody Anderson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 5:13 am
Fisher
(@fisher)

OI BLIN!

Hello Nylex,

i´m happy youre having fun on the server so far! Sadly i wasn´t quiet there to meet you with my russian RP accent :D!

Im liking your ideas of lowering the lootspawn and making it harder, even changing the modpack to a "Nylex RP" modpack kinda thing. BUT there are some flaws in your suggestions (no offence <3).

Of course its pretty easy to get stuff right now but heres my idea of how to change it:

1.Keep the server on easy, but lower the overall drops by 50% (!) because if you change the difficulty, it influences ALOT of stuff. Natural loot will be reduced, weapon durability goes down very fast and zombies get extremely tough ect ect.

2. Increase the zombiespawn by 30-50%. Of course i know it eats a bit of performance, but the masses of loot right now do that too, so you reduce one thing and replace it with another. Lower the EXP you gain of zombies aswell so people cant just grind 10 zombies with a melee weapon and max out 1 skill (You get 15 EXP for killing a Military Zombie with a melee weapon.).

On Short:
-Keep the mode on easy.
-Reduce overall itemspawn by atleast 50% because you cant change specific items.
-Reduce experience gained (if possible i don´t rly know rn).
-Increase the zombiespawn overall by atleast 25-30%.

In my opinion, a hard server with barely gunspawns and zombies beeing demigods, it would kinda force people to rob others because robbing one player is easier then clearing an entire milibase, especially with barely loot that could drop there, but a player always has valuable goodies.

I hope you get my POV and i hopefully didn´t write something wrong sided XD It´s 6 in the mornin here and i didn´t sleep for 40+ hours.

P.S: If you have questions because something is unclear, feel free to ask, i answer back whenever i see something!

Sincerly, Fisher Makrov "Cinderfall" Sovetin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 5:15 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thanks so much for the feedback! 

I see what you're saying about the strong zombies and other features of hard mode. What I've done is set the difficulty to normal (I like the idea of bleeding and breaking legs) but I've removed all special zombies, decreased the loot spawns just a tad and removed group icons on the HUD. So basically its just like easy mode with bleeding enabled and less loot spawning. 

I disagree that I should keep steve's rp bundle. All the weapons and stuff in it are stolen and re-uploaded in that bundle anyway, so I can always add the original mods. Obviously I'm going to keep it until I find a better replacement though.

Please try out the server with its current settings and let me know what you think. If a lot of you don't like it and prefer it the way it was then I can always change it back:) I just feel with these settings it feels more immersive and suits RP better.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/06/2017 5:37 am
Fisher
(@fisher)

I´ll try it out later FOR SURE and maybe we meet : ) ! But about  the modpack: Yea it need s a change because alot of it doesn´t really fit or is to op. Like all the Clothes and realistic guns, cant argue with that, but tha laser guns, the Rust Mod stuff ect doesn´t rly fit into the "russian zombie apocalypse survival rp" theme we wanna have there. Thanks for replying so kindly!

Sincerly, Fisher Makrov "Cinderfall" Sovetin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 5:43 am
Nylex reacted
Jelly
(@jelly)
Trusted Member Customer

Hey nylex, did you also remove the bulletdrop or is it still a thing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2017 1:02 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: