The Elephant in the...

Notifications
Clear all

The Elephant in the Room

Smol
 Smol
(@smol)
Eminent Member

If you were to log onto chernarus right now and ask everyone, "how hard is raiding?", everyone would tell you that it's extremely hard and how barricade health is buffed heavily. But there is one extremely overpowered loophole around grinding 24/7 for charges and nykorev ammo just to raid that one base you've had your eye on for a while now.

All you have to do to raid EVERY single base on the server effortlessly is this:

1. Mine the diamonds by the quarry
  2. Sell them to the NPC at the safezone for 6 000 exp a piece
  3. repeat steps 1-2 until you have enough money to buy the modded jet from the NPC at william's
  4.  buy the jet and fuck over every single base on the map and slice through them like butter

Overpowered? Yes. Unethical? Definitely. Illegal? No.

Remember that extremely large base that was just north of devil's castle last wipe? That was my massive trademarked honeycombed 12x12x9 roleplay soviet union compound that took DAYS to build, but it was entirely gutted by an enemy flying the modded jet. All the 9 stories and the walls surrounding it just gone in 30 minutes due to this thing. To put into perspective how massive my base was, the bottom floor alone took 144 pine floors to make. Imagine this base 9 stories high and with a massive circular tower on top.

Even with the buffed health of barricades, once the modded jet was finished with my base only a few damaged walls and floors remained.

Nylex, despite the high cost of this jet, it is still extremely overpowered endgame and prevents me from actually having fun with my roleplay group. I urge you to test the jet out and see how overpowered it is. 

Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2018 2:56 am
Jono
 Jono
(@jono)
Estimable Member Customer

I loved that fucking base. and If I wasn't on vacation, I would've fucked whoever raided it. But I +rep the idea of nerfing it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 3:00 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention, ammunition prices are wayyyy too low. We are fixing this and giving a very large buff on ammunition prices at William's aswell as some buffs on vehicle prices. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 4:53 am
Smol
 Smol
(@smol)
Eminent Member

Thanks so much nylex. <3 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2018 5:13 am
Gacy
 Gacy
(@boii)
Reputable Member

Haha I may have been the one who raided that base 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 11:27 am
Gacy
 Gacy
(@boii)
Reputable Member

Though i already said how overpowered the vehicle is. It should be taken out the game or cost about 60k, it's merely a one time use for how big it is and how buggy it is as you explode on pretty much anything, even tping ur team mate in the sky blows it up some times. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 11:30 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

yeah we've talked about removing the vehicle- the price has been increase and we'll see how it goes. I think its a good thing that raiding is hard though, just as long as the tools to raid with are balanced. I'd like to encourage grinding for the materials needed to raid a base you've had your eye on, i want raiding to take planning and time and not anyone can just do it. We just need to work on balancing so posts like these are really helpful, if there's anything else you feel is OP/UP feel free to let us know as its likely unintentional and hopefully we'll end up with a server that's hard to raid on but balanced and rewarding:D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 11:02 pm
Smol reacted
xDexter1711
(@xdexter1711)
  • +rep
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 9:36 pm
Share: