The EZ rant. (yes,s...

Notifications
Clear all

The EZ rant. (yes,srsly)

MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member
  • Before I begin, as usual:
  • -This is simply a rant, no disrespect towards anyone, especially staff members.
  • -If youre contributing to the rant in the comments, please be civil and do not attack others.
  • -Don't exceed your limits ; use common sense.

So recently, we have had a new staff member on the deck, EZ. For god knows what reason Nylex gave him the staff role, he is one. Oh no wait, this rant ain't limited to EZ, but also to his 'henchmen'. EZ has appointed several people to do his tasks, and one even became a staff member because he is a good friend of EZ. For those of you who do not know, EZ is the creator of the map 'Chernaurus', which means according to his behaviour, he has the higher ground on all the other staff members.

From what I know, this is what happened:

1.The ego.

-So, John was banning a couple of people from chernaurus, and one of them happened to be EZ(the others were his henchmen; all admins). Now, EZ having made the map totally deserved a sorry(more like beg) from john to make his position in the community clear.

"Ban us again, we will no longer offer our gratitude to Nylex" -Straight forward threat.

Say "Im really sorry..." Totally a worthy staff member right?

More bullshit.

Some people agreeing that EZ is unfit for staff.

John unbans Ez's crew ; D4 has joined the game.

John explaining what happened to D4.

2.Consequences.

If Ez and his entire crew of friends are not stripped of their ranks, then the servers are as good as dead, sure, they may have reduced kos calls and rule breaker presence but would you have someone with the mindset like Pike or Obi as a staff member? especially when more people flood the servers once nylex releases his weekl..(enough with this joke) new video.

If Ez is stripped, then most probably its good bye to the Chernaurus server. The Chernaurus server is literally home to most of the kosers and rulebreakers, and if the server is gone, then the rulebreakers are gonna migrate towards other servers,and its gonna be shitfest.
LUCKILY, Nylex has also made some fine choices in accepting some reputable players' staff applications who don't play on chernaurus, thus they could battle that while it lasts.

3.Thisbeautifulcollage10/10..neverminditlooksbad

There would be more people in the collage, but I had to go, and the others were offline.

Ending words: Summarizing the above, I think EZ should be strictly taken action against, stripping his staff rank sounds fair to me, however if Nylex other punishments, such as suspending him or something along those lines, I stanf by his word too.

If you would like to speak your take on this, feel free to do so in the comments.

Thank you.

Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2017 4:01 pm
Dra9on_27
(@dra9on_27)
Estimable Member Customer

OK to start off- I don't do fancy letter colors and such. This is gonna be flat out and plain.

Ego- after asking multiple people in Nylex's discord alone, we started to notice EZ only shows up to defend his own ego. He will dish shit out faster then light, but if someone looks at him wrong he will start getting aggressive, and in EZ's case, Immature. He thinks he can demand an Apology from one of the best staff and not get attacked back? I mean, really?

Basic Ass Moves- Begging John to say I'm sorry while clearly threatening to GRIEF the servers. He took it way to far. the first time the most of us ever saw or heard of him was when he tried to force John into doing things, and if you can't tell, We don't take that lightly.

Everything else Mr.Rawr Summed up, And I strongly believe he needs to either grow up and stop being a little bitch, or be demoted.

- dra9onmaster27 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2017 4:12 pm
MrRawr reacted
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

He asked me too but I was in the middle of a hurricane and my power went out, but my answer was yes too. I've had enough experience with bad admins too know what one looks like, and one that literally says. "Say your sorry" is someone who really doesn't need to be in any authority position.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2017 4:13 pm
MrRawr reacted
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

I'll add in a few of my opinions and suggestions when I get home - stay tuned for that. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2017 4:30 pm
MrRawr reacted
About_30_ninjas
(@about_30_ninjas)
Estimable Member

Ok so I would like to start with the fact that I agree that John made a mistake and should have double checked. But Despite his small mistake Ez was very quick to snap. He was aggressive towards John and in my opinion has no place in the staff team if he stays the egotistical person he is today. Something has to change, i don't care what it is but John is a friend and a fellow staff member and it is 100% unacceptable to treat him the way Ez did. I don't want to be a dick about it and just get demoted but this is how i feel. Get it dealt with.

-Ninjas

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2017 4:34 pm
MrRawr reacted
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member
Posted by: About_30_ninjas

Ok so I would like to start with the fact that I agree that John made a mistake and should have double checked. But Despite his small mistake Ez was very quick to snap. He was aggressive towards John and in my opinion has no place in the staff team if he stays the egotistical person he is today. Something has to change, i don't care what it is but John is a friend and a fellow staff member and it is 100% unacceptable to treat him the way Ez did. I don't want to be a dick about it and just get demoted but this is how i feel. Get it dealt with.

-Ninjas

Thank you for the integrity you present publicly. Staff should be treated fairly and not have their speech taken - if they want to share with the community the negative experiences they have, then they should do so.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2017 4:39 pm
MrRawr reacted
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

Here is my original say in the matter:

Here is my post-remarks say said by Ez:

In my view, a suspension is best set in place. This situation is unprecedented, so it's up to Nylex how it goes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2017 6:06 pm
MrRawr reacted
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Honestly this was sooo surprising to me, I'm sure some of you would like to hear my side of it-

So before EZ became staff or anything like that, I got to speaking with him because Chernarus was having issues and I was letting him know of them and trying to help fix them. This was months ago and we've spoke fairly regularly ever since. And honestly EZ was like one of the nicest people Ive spoken to in the Unturned community, we spoke about the entire story behind Chernarus and he showed me some cool places, he even added some ducks to Dubsy's little pond from my video:D I'd often tell Dubsy about the nice things he said about us both too. Not to mention his map creation skills are incredible, Chernarus is by far the best map on the workshop, hands down. I really respect the fact that he puts so much time and genuine care into it too, he's constantly improving and updating it.

So when he told me he was playing on the map and would love to host some events I was super duper down, I gave him admin and told him to hf:D He asked if he could admin one of his friends to help with events and I said it was fine as long as he didn't get involved with staff issues like banning ppl etc.

Then a few days later he came to me talking about the KOS issues and I offered him a proper staff position because obviously he was very trusted. 

and then this happened:)

This is so out of the blue and out of character for EZ I honestly have no idea what to say.

I'm not sure if this has been cleared up but I agree some of the things that were said is absurd, John did the right thing imo. He was trying to prevent another shadow dragon incident (I guess EZ is unaware of that and maybe got a bit pissed). It was a bit strange that he threatened to fuck me over cos of him tho like damn son dat hurt

But even with all that being said I still think EZ is a great guy and I'm not gonna let this incident cater my views on him at all, no hard feelings. I just still find this whole situation strange af. 

Anyway, there's the complete story from my side, hope you can see why I made my decisions and stuff now 'cause I know what you lot are like 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 7:37 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Then wait it out, if he keeps up the behavior nobody in the community will respect him and he'll become another Pike. If he fixes his behavior his "honor" can be restored by gaining the trust of the community.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 7:57 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member
Posted by: Nylex

Honestly this was sooo surprising to me, I'm sure some of you would like to hear my side of it-

So before EZ became staff or anything like that, I got to speaking with him because Chernarus was having issues and I was letting him know of them and trying to help fix them. This was months ago and we've spoke fairly regularly ever since. And honestly EZ was like one of the nicest people Ive spoken to in the Unturned community, we spoke about the entire story behind Chernarus and he showed me some cool places, he even added some ducks to Dubsy's little pond from my video:D I'd often tell Dubsy about the nice things he said about us both too. Not to mention his map creation skills are incredible, Chernarus is by far the best map on the workshop, hands down. I really respect the fact that he puts so much time and genuine care into it too, he's constantly improving and updating it.

So when he told me he was playing on the map and would love to host some events I was super duper down, I gave him admin and told him to hf:D He asked if he could admin one of his friends to help with events and I said it was fine as long as he didn't get involved with staff issues like banning ppl etc.

Then a few days later he came to me talking about the KOS issues and I offered him a proper staff position because obviously he was very trusted. 

and then this happened:)

This is so out of the blue and out of character for EZ I honestly have no idea what to say.

I'm not sure if this has been cleared up but I agree some of the things that were said is absurd, John did the right thing imo. He was trying to prevent another shadow dragon incident (I guess EZ is unaware of that and maybe got a bit pissed). It was a bit strange that he threatened to fuck me over cos of him tho like damn son dat hurt

But even with all that being said I still think EZ is a great guy and I'm not gonna let this incident cater my views on him at all, no hard feelings. I just still find this whole situation strange af. 

Anyway, there's the complete story from my side, hope you can see why I made my decisions and stuff now 'cause I know what you lot are like 😉 

Yeah, seems like I needed your side of the story to clarify some bits. Anyways, your word goes boss. Just to be clear, I don't hold beef with any staff member right now, and I'm sure the others involved in this Ez case don't either. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/08/2017 8:42 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

You're completely right, I don't hold any grudges against him. 

Your word, Nylex, better make sure it works.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 9:06 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

wait whats my word?XD I'm just saying what happened and why they happened, I didn't mean that I'd be keeping him staff, thats up to rest of the community I suppose:P

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 11:23 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

Never said you meant that. However, we're not judge, jury and executioner. Just the first two.

It's up to you if you want to take a swing or not, however, I recommend a slight deep scratch to make sure it doesn't occur again. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2017 12:03 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

What kolibob said ^^

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/08/2017 6:02 am
Share: