Safezones - Yay or ...

Notifications
Clear all

Safezones - Yay or nay?

D4NKlNG
(@d4nklng)

On the majority of Nylex's servers there are community safezones, these can provide players with safe homes/shops without the risk of being raided or KOS'd. However the safezone has many drawbacks, safezones can create a lot of lag for the players, anything from low fps, freeze spikes or even disconnects. Safezones are also high maintenance as there is alwyas one person who seems to enjoy griefing/trolling in SZ which disrupts players role-playing experience. However people do enjoy having safe areas to sell their goods and store their loot without being raided or robbed.

The question im asking everyone is:

Should servers have safezones? 

Topic starter Posted : 23/01/2017 8:42 pm
Jack A. Nus
(@jack-a-nus)
Trusted Member

I think not, and for all the reasons you listed above and one more, having everyone build bases and store loot in a zone, where they cant be raided or robbed, mostly ruins the whole idea of a survival roleplay game. I feel that for the struggle of building a secure base in the wild, the reward should be protection about equal to how hard you worked to hide/protect your base. Having a large safezone almost entirely removes this aspect, to the point that there might as well not be guns or weapons at all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/01/2017 12:11 am
D4NKlNG reacted
D4NKlNG
(@d4nklng)

That's a good point as well, I feel like the roleplaying experience could be made 10x better with player run towns, where people could be hired as guards, elected as mayor, etc.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/01/2017 7:49 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I think a middle ground would be to have admins and moderators build a town instead of players. Then have players run shops from there but limit how much storage they get in the shop. 

Another plan in the works I have is to open a Life RP server, with a currency, jobs etc. I think shops would more suit that server. 

I do agree that it takes away from the survival aspect in its current state. However if we were to balance it right it could work well. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/01/2017 10:32 pm
D4NKlNG
(@d4nklng)

Ur not the real Nylex

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/01/2017 11:59 pm
hongkonghuman
(@hongkonghuman)
Trusted Member

It's kinda unfair to those who oustside the safezone. Like me I have a low end pc and disconnect everytime I enter Moscow. So i cannot build in safezone. I think admins should build more safezone to spread the population of the safezone.

also people in this server are kind of overpowered. The get stuff in feasts and raid everything they see outside safezone. For example. I built a full metal base outside safezone and the next two day it get rekt. It is true. I think item feasts should somehow get removed

safezone purposes are to trade not to live there. Some people even live there and build tonnes of storages and not trading. This leads to lagginess and admins just reset and this is not solving the problem. People will keep building in safezone and keep lag the server. Resets also makes people angry. People have gathered a lot cool items and wanted to store them but admins always resets. We need to collect stuff and build everytime after reset. Making us feel annoying and angry.

please change the system somehow... please...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2017 6:45 am
Nylex reacted
Shadow_Dragon64
(@shadow_dragon64)
Active Member Customer

I have to agree with Nylex on this one. There should be ground rules with how players would own the shop and the limit of supplies they could have at once. There should be 3 Main Mods and 1-2 Main Admins watching over the entire safezone to make sure everything is in order and to help everyone have a shop and help everyone sell there goods and to keep everything in order so the server stays in tact instead of going through Chaos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2017 9:05 am
Obi
 Obi
(@obi)
Eminent Member Customer

Current safezones are definitely not ideal, lag, grief, the list goes on....... as mods we try to do as much as possible, but alternative safezones could be better. Some maps such as Chernarus don't need them, since they are implemented already.  (Bandit and Hero traders)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2017 3:24 am
hongkonghuman
(@hongkonghuman)
Trusted Member

I think safezones should appear since people In this server is too op like I says on previous chat. However safezone shouldn't be in town or city (e.g. Moscow) cause the loot and zombie will lag. And extra lag comes from safezone will cause people disconnects everytime they enter or leave there. Safezones should be built in rural areas not urban

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2017 10:45 am
dontmindme
(@dontmindme)
Estimable Member Customer

I just want the safezones to be moved out of the city so it isn't extremly laggy, and a few regulations to bases so that you can't build insanely large bases, like in the Russia 1 safezone where some metal base is taking up so much space.

Let them build them as high as they want, but keep some regulations for the width.'

And keep the safezones, they are a wonderful part of the server and is a nice place to have a community, trade safely and not be worried about some kid spraying down your base with a Nykerov, IMO raids are broken atm and Nelson dosn't seem to want to fix it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2017 2:41 pm
Share: