Pencils' staff appl...

Notifications
Clear all

Pencils' staff application

itsPencilVester
(@billabos)
Active Member Customer

I understand that it is difficult to get any good applications through the application process because of the sheer volume of people applying. So I have taken it upon myself to apply in a place that I think the staff will read it. I'm only doing this because I feel the community needs some more staff and I don't know how to get the attention of the current staff otherwise.

I would like to start this application by stating that I'm a do-er, I think outside box and I'm more determined than you can imagine.

My in game name is "Sgt_Pencil-Vester" and my real name is William Banks, "Bill" for short. I'm 21 years old and based in the UK and I’ve been working restoring classic cars for the last two years. You can find me on the discord under the same pseudo name.

To begin with I'm going to talk about my history in running servers. I started on Counterstrike source, running a server on there for about a year and a half, but because of school and other work I couldn't put enough time into so I had to stop doing it, this was 6 years ago. Since then I have Co-owned two more CSS servers with friends and have also had a Gmod server and two more Minecraft servers. This includes running and helping program the code and the community websites that I was either a major part of or helped design.

One very common question I get is, "if you're so experienced why don't you go and start your own server?" Well, the answer is very simple actually, Work. I have enough time to help another server but not to single handily run one like I was, hence why I closed my old operations and now I’m looking for a new place to call home.

I have many years of experience in running servers so I know the ins and outs of them. I'm also a pretty graphic designer so I can help design logos and help with video editing for the server and just generally help around with general maintenance.

Along the lines of experience, I know how to program and use almost every plugin in use on Minecraft, so this could easily be converted to unturned plugins. I'm skilled at managing tasks and enforcing rules I'm also mature and know how to handle people and I get on with most.

I can bring a lot of valuable skills to the table such as plugin coding, invaluable experience, building skills, tried and tested ways of running servers, I like to get the job done and to a good standard.

What makes your application different than the other applicants I have had over 7 years of experience in running servers, I know how to code and program plugins, I know tried and tested formats for things like ranks and donations. I'm mature and know how to deal with confrontations between people and sort them out fairly so that hopefully each respective party is happy. I can be online at times of the day other people might not be able to due to time zones and such.

Kind regards,

Pencil (Bill Banks)

Topic starter Posted : 15/03/2017 4:30 pm
Nylex reacted
About_30_ninjas
(@about_30_ninjas)
Estimable Member

I think this is a very good application. I wish you the best of luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2017 9:50 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Very damn impressive! Would you be online on discord one evening this week? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2017 11:39 pm
itsPencilVester
(@billabos)
Active Member Customer

thank you!

I will be online, just let me know what time and I'll make sure I'm there.

regards,

Pencil. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2017 2:10 pm
TheFabledGreenDiamond
(@greendiamond04)
Trusted Member

Nice. The servers need a new admin, and by the looks of it, we are getting one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2017 3:06 pm
C0diux
(@c0diux)
Trusted Member

Wow best of luck man!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 6:46 pm
Share: