Ban Tp Robbing?

Notifications
Clear all

Ban Tp Robbing?

Dolan
(@dolan)
Reputable Member Customer

Ok so I know this is weird thing to suggest but I think tp robbing should be a punishable offense. Its abusing tp just like combat logging and  it gives the robber and unfair advantage. Ive heard a lot of people say that its a rule when it clearly isn't. But I see why they would think it was a rule. after all the server is rp. But enough of my opinion what do guys think?

Topic starter Posted : 14/12/2017 11:57 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Personally myself I don't think teleporting to players should be a thing. It promotes KOS by making it easier for potential KOSers to find victims and for them acquire loot to kill. If people are abusing it in robbing I think y'all should just gut teleporting in general. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2017 12:06 am
crazy bob and Dolan reacted
Dolan
(@dolan)

Tping has always been a thing but Potions right. But I'm just trying to ban tp robbing seeing how Id imagine it would be quite hard to get rid of tpa in general

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/12/2017 12:14 am
TheRagingLemon
(@theraginglemon)

I mean, it is regular servers, and we're still trying to keep the rp aspect in it, but not take away the fun. Imagine trying to walk across the map trying to get to your friend, and end up getting killed anyways. I would just do the same thing as anyone else, report them if you get kos'd, or just not tp to someone you don't trust.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2017 12:43 am
Dolan
(@dolan)

I think your missing the point here Lemon, I'm purposing we ban having someone tp to you just to rob them. If you read a little more into this post you could see I said I liked the idea of an overall ban of tpa but it would never happen. So I just want for tp robbing to be banned

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/12/2017 1:29 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Trusted Member Customer

+rep I think it would be a good rule. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2017 1:37 am
crazy bob
(@crazy-bob)
Honorable Member Customer

I realise I'm a bot late to the discussion but in my opinion teleporting is a thing that really gets in the way of the rp element.

Making it "more realistic" to get from one end of the map to the other could really help the immersion part of the game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2017 8:37 am
TheRagingLemon
(@theraginglemon)

I mean... Now that I think if it, it'll be a good idea. I do think getting rid of the overall tp aspect in regular servers would be good, as teleporting back to your friends after you just got killed is a bit cheap, or just initiate a combat block for tp/home commands. Or, just make tp killing a bannable offense too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2017 12:11 am
Dolan
(@dolan)

Ok so from what I'm seeing we have strayed away from the topic of banning tp robbing and are now talking about banning tp all together which (in my opinion) isn't a very good idea. Its not like many people actual roleplay on the public servers and I think a large portion of people would either be upset or would just flat out stop playing on the servers if tpa was removed. The reason I made this post was to try and get rid of tp robbing so robbers would stop taking advantage of tpa to lure in victims.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/12/2017 1:01 am
Şçøŕpïøņ
(@scorpion)

+Rep i think that would be good to ban tp robbing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2017 6:21 pm
Commander Stanky
(@stankyfeetgaming)
Estimable Member Customer

Banning TP robbing is a great idea. I got TP robbed once. It sucked, but I like using the power of teleportation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2017 10:08 pm
Share: