Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Skidro's Application

OWonders
(@owonders)
Eminent Member Customer

How old are you?: 14

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Most definitely

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: For a while now, Ever since i started watching the walking dead, DayZ Standalone streams and other apocalyptic related things, However not really trying to take part in an apocalyptic roleplay before, One day i found Nylex's channel then eventually played on his overgrown server, I thought it'd be the closest thing towards an apocalyptic roleplay as it could get on Unturned. Unfortunately i found my self either getting killing on sight or getting robbed by every player i came across, I was upset about the situation because i then bought Arma 2 DayZ thinking it was going to be great however i found it hard to run, Same with DayZ standalone. So i just stuck to watching The Walking Dead, Streams and whatnot. So i eventually heard that Nylex had released a whitelist server, At the time i had a bad reputation with staff and got denied, so i would like to re-apply as a much more mature person.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you have any previous roleplaying experience?: I have been on Nylex's community for a year plus now, i did stop playing for a few months because i wasn't happy with the amount of KOS'ers there were at the time, I did recently check out the Chernarus server and instead of mass KOS it was mass robbing, Apart from that i have been playing a Unturned military roleplay server for a long time now, And eventually getting staff on it, As a staff on the military roleplay server i tried my best along with other staff members to include are much roleplay as we possibly could in order to grant the players a lot of fun. I have been on a few Arma 2 servers a bit but i was too fond of having 20-30 FPS. I have played several Garry's mod star wars and military rolepaly servers on that. Aside from that i have tried finding an RP server on every game i have. Eventually i would like to make an apocalyptic roleplay style of map that players can enjoy and roleplay on.

Character background:

Name: Duncan Turner

It was 2am, I recently got a job at a garage in Manchester, Listening to "Ring of fire" by Johnny Cash, Scrubbing away at a truck with a rag torn off an old shirt covered in oil. Rain started coming down hard and willing to make your morning miserable and unwelcoming. All of a sudden the radio started to scuff up, Boss came in and tapped it a bit, An urgent distress signal came up, It was the BBC yapping on about some sort of rabies-related virus, Not caring about time except getting my job done and paid. Boss went back to get his work done, Or should i say taking a nap. Two hours after the distress signal from the BBC i got my payment and headed home, Had to go late due to not getting to the garage on time. As i was walking home it was severely quiet, I hear a car alarm go off i ignore it, A second one goes off, Then sirens then unexpectedly i hear a crash, Not a care in the world i headed home with my cash in my hand. Once i got home, My mother was having a panic attack due to her illness, She hadn't have got any sleep since the BBC talked about the virus. We were told by police to stay inside, I snuck out the backyard over dozens of fences to get my mum a pack of cigs, Once i made it to the petrol station, The gas pump were empty and the petrol dispensers were every where like a snake on heroin. Must have been the local trouble causers thinking it was a good time to top up on some gas. No one was behind the till, I took more than just one pack, Enough to last a month so that my mum could think straight. So many car alarms were going off i doubt anyone were able to get any damn sleep i head home, The feds were checking in the houses and making sure everyone was inside and isolated, I had a minute to get over 8 fences and get into the house through the window, I made just in time to stash the stuff under my bed. They checked out our house and the people inside, Just me my brother and my mum. My brother locked himself inside the bathroom so we had to have a piss and crap in the back garden, We let him pull himself together for a bit, We were all exhausted but didn't dare go to bed. We contacted our neighbours to see their situation, It was just as odd as ours. None of us got any sleep, The town next to us had to evacuation, It was soon overrun by the infected, People were warned to not leave the town or they would be fined or possible killed. One family attempted to escape and we never heard of them again. One of the infected managed to make it in by somehow hiding their infected wound and taking peoples lives one by one. Whilst the feds were fending off the infected we decided to make a run for it with three other families. Me, my brother and my mum were the only ones who made it out of the town alive, We made a pit stop at the garage and petrol station to get what we needed to survive to eventually get somewhere the infected or the military could not get us. We made it to Oak Peak Campground, Luckily it was empty and there were no infected. We found two other families when i went out for supplies, The smiths and the Jones family, We invited them and they were thankful we let them stay, A boy called Jack Smith was ill, He had a bite wound on his thigh, We were not sure if it was from one of the infected or from a wild animal like a fox. We kept him inside his parents tents at all times, Even if it was a fox bite it was infected and was not looking good. Bill Jones was a doctor at a pharmacy, He knew all about this kind of stuff, He said it was either we put him out of his misery or we amputate his right leg, His mother begged from his leg to not be amputated, Unfortunately it was too late. We gave his father a S&W .357 magnum, The mother wanted to do it but he said it would be too much for her. The father painlessly  put Jack's life to an end. The mother later that night stole the gun and shot herself, ending her life. The week after the father gave us farewell and went out on his own, He never told us why. Weeks after the incident a car alarm went off when i tried to remove the battery off of a van, It attracted at least 20 infected. They overran the camp and we had to leave and find a new place, We didn't trust the civilian safe-zones at the time. We found an abandoned apartment building, We got to the roof and made sure the bottom floor was barricaded, Once we were settled in we set our tents up on the roof, We had a wonderful view, It helped take our minds off of the virus and what we had witnessed since the start of it all, We were down to Me, My brother, Bill Jones, Bill's son Kieran Jones and my mum. We eventually treated each other as if we were family, Kieren was 15 at the time and we went out for supply runs so that we had something to eat and drink, I ended up having an awful cough which didn't help so i had to couch into my scarf so that we didn't grab as much attention to other surivors or infected. In the town we were in we scoped out the area with Bill's broken binoculars and we found a gun range, Me and Kieran went there at 6am to possibly find us something we could defend our selves with at range, We ended up finding a Remington 700 with a wooden butt stock with some beautiful engraving on it, The engravings said something in some foreign language, We also found a compound bow in an expensive case along with 4 arrows. Eventually we fortified the whole building. There was one extremely windy, wet and miserable day we went out looking for some painkillers. We had to get over a large hill and it wasn't a good time do it seeing as though the weather was crap. As we tried to get up the hill, rain stared coming down in bucket loads the mud beneath our feet liquefied and we were split up i was at the other side of the hill to him, We had Walkie-Talkies at the time so we could communicate, The signal was awful, All i heard was "Ill-find-around" , I was on the south side on the hill and he was on the north, I tried to head towards him but i came across a maze of vehicles and i heard a horde of infected, I had not chance of getting to Keiran, I had to find another way around, I knew the nearest docks which had boats in it, And i still had the battery from the van i had taken it out of. It was 4 miles away, But i knew there was no way of me getting back to my family without any food. I had to become a lone wolf and stay away from any other survivors, Once i had made it to the docks it took me hours to find the right boat to put the battery in. From there on i sailed east until i could find land and somewhere i can stay... I ended up travelling for months upon end. Once i had finally reached land i found a map, The towns were in some sort of european language, I'm guessing it is Czech, a langauge i briefly know of...

Topic starter Posted : 04/01/2018 12:16 am
OWonders
(@owonders)
Eminent Member Customer

Steam profile URL:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/Skidro99/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/01/2018 12:25 am
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Very good story, accepted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2018 3:24 am
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

I forgot to say this, give these rules a read please, if you break them there are no second chances:  https://www.unturnedroleplay.com/community/whitelisted-server-rules/rules-2/paged/1/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2018 3:31 am
Share: