Clear all

[Solved] Mig/Luqar's whitelist

Mig
 Mig
(@mig)
Active Member Customer

How old are you?:

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?:

Yes, I have spent majority of my life speaking English.

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?:

I wish to join the roleplaying community because a couple months ago I had played the Russia roleplay a lot, (not sure if it is still up) but I enjoyed it a lot, I wish to contribute to the community again like I did a couple months ago. Also, I know some of you are probably thinking that the last time I had played anything related to unturned roleplay was a couple months ago, but I still remember the basics, and I am also a fast learner in these type of topics, so there is nothing to worry about me ruining your experience while roleplaying.

Do you have a working microphone?:

Yes.

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!):

Like I have said in my 3rd response, I had played the Russia roleplay here a couple months ago actively. I doubt these people remember me, but hopefully these people could vouch for me: Opti, MrRawr.

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic:

My character is about a kid who had experienced the outbreak while young, he had witnessed anyone related to him, friends or family. Eventually be murdered right before his own eyes, by criminal survivors or zombies, they were all he had. He had grown to be depressed and ill soon after, he was all by himself, no survivors wished to help as they knew his background. He was known all around PEI to have lost everyone related to him. Everyone had forgotten his name and age, once his friends and family had died there was no one else to remember it. After everyone related to him had died, no one remembered his name or age anymore, and because of the depression and illness it had caused him to forgot a lot about himself, including his name and age. So instead he now chooses fake names for himself. All that he can remember is that those people who died right in front of his own eyes were very important to him, and he wishes that he was able to protect them.

He had soon grown to stop being depressed after he had realized that if he didn't start doing something he will too die like all his friends and family. But, after witnessing everyone important to him being murdered right before his eyes. The 'ill' part of him has and never will leave him, the violence within him. When he started scavenging materials he once had other criminal survivors come and attempt to rob him. The 'ill' part within him had been started, the criminals made him remember the violence he had experienced while being young, he had killed all of the criminals with just his hands, a bystander with a video camera was watching, he had recorded the entire incident of him murdering each and one of the criminals with his own two hands. He had received the nickname, "Crimson Hands" around all of PEI, people feared to go near him, fearing they would be the next victim.(edited)

He now wishes to get a clean slate, whenever he gets the chance to travel to other places like Washington, he will always take up the offer hoping that no one will remember his past, or his nickname.

Steam profile URL:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139887974/

Topic starter Posted : 08/01/2018 3:43 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

the only thing is, some sentences are way too long. Also, this is my personal experience, I prefer references to out of game countries instead of going all into the unturned universe, personally I don't know jack shit. Perhaps an age reference might be nice, so we know how to treat you ect.

Aside from this, it seems an interesting character, different names every encounter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 9:35 pm
Mig
 Mig
(@mig)
Active Member Customer

As no staff has denied or approved of this, I will just quickly add a bit on if I am able to. 
- He had lost his sense of humor from the serious depression and illness
- I'd rather not just say one number for his age and be done with it, as like I said everyone has forgotten his age. So I will say he is about 13-15 as of right now.
- Since he had serious memory loss, he had forgot all the 'fun/funny' things that had happened in the past, and like I said he has no sense of humor. So he acts more mature than other people in his age group. (Basically acts like an 18 year old)
- His emotions MIGHT change, this does depend on the roleplay experience I receive if I do get accepted. As I do want him to turn a bit more 'human' But like I said, this depends on the roleplay I get with other people. (e.g have other players/characters cause strong emotions for my character) I also hope that he starts to slowly be able to control his illness a TINY bit, (e.g stop himself in important situations, or if another player/character stops him emotionally from doing such act of violence)

Also, if a staff member can say if this comment counts in the application, as it has been 1-2 days after submitting it. So I am not sure if this is still allowed. But as no staff member has read this so far, I see no problem with it hopefully. (i mean it is a part of the character that i just forgot to add on)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/01/2018 11:26 pm
Clouse
(@clouse)

I am talking in discord to get mine and yours reviewed just hang tight.

Pros

+ Long story with nice details

+ OG of the server

+ Good writing style

+ Willing to Improve

+ Not a perfect character

Cons 

- Okay Grammar 

- Little run on sentences 

Overall I would give this a +1 and I wish you best of luck!

FWD to staff.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2018 12:09 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!):

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience OUTSIDE of unturnedroleplay.com servers? If so, please share

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2018 7:11 am
Mig
 Mig
(@mig)
Active Member Customer

Yes, it isn't a huge past experience.
But I had played a bit of minecraft roleplay a while ago.
I had also done a lot of RP in Discord DMs which has also taught me what to do in certain situations.

While as my next point technically isn't my own experience, it has also taught me a bit of roleplay. (E.g, what voices to do in certain situations)
But, I have watched a lot of roleplay videos for example Arma III Life I think it is called.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/01/2018 4:33 pm
Swak
 Swak
(@swak)
Trusted Member Customer

The biggest mistake i spot is that is see it says that your character killed all criminals that killed his family when he isnt even that old. It wouldnt make any sense that a younger boy would be able to beat criminals too death that are probably stronger and older. Second you write doubles of alot of the information like that he doesnt know his own name and age anymore. Your story in my opinion is just bland put some more time in too it. That was all for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2018 1:13 am
Mig
 Mig
(@mig)
Active Member Customer

I suppose I could of explained it better.
- It weren't the criminals that killed his family.
- They were some newbie, weak and old criminals. They thought they could overpower a child, but I suppose I forgot to add in this detail. My character was an active child, he had always done activities that had gave him strength ect.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/01/2018 1:18 am
Mig
 Mig
(@mig)
Active Member Customer

Ignore this application, I will be re-writing it and updating it with all the items in the comments so it makes more sense.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/01/2018 1:59 am
Share: