Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Ismail al-Amari (whitelist application)

lima.y.fuego
(@ish)
New Member Customer

How old are you?: 17 years old

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: I speak English, French, and German to a high degree of fluency, as well as a bit of Spanish and Arabic

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: Because of the high level of toxicity within the regular Unturned community, as well as a desire to get more into role play

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): I'm an avid D&D player, I have some experience on other Unturned RP, as well various other pen-and-paper type RPGs

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic: Ismail Yusuf al-Amari, called Ish by his friends and colleagues, is a 30 year old doctor and revolutionary hailing from Alexandria, Egypt. He was the youngest of four brothers, and developed an extremely competitive spirit as a result. His father was the imam at his local mosque, and as such Ish grew up with a strong belief in his faith, a conviction that only grew with his life. His father's teachings left Ish with a great desire to help others, from which he developed a keen interest in medicine; an interest that he cultivated into uncanny ability to heal and care for others. At age 18, Ish left Alexandria for France, where he studied medicine at the École Normale Supérieure in Paris; while at university, Ish became learned in geopolitics and the injustices that others faced, so after his schooling Ish joined the People's Protection Units in Kurdistan as a volunteer medic and interpreter for the YPG militia. Initially an ambassador for non-violent change, Ish quickly learned that there was no non-violent solution to the Kurdish people's problem; as such, he reluctantly adopted the philosophy that some conflicts must end in violence. He learn how to shoot a gun and grew hardened by conflict. He was permanently disfigured at age 27, when a stray bullet hit him right above his left eye, blinding him and forcing him to be completely bedridden for the weeks that followed. During this time Ish became addicted to painkillers, and was retired from his double role as a combatant and a doctor, in favor of focusing on doctoring injured militiamen. Ish stayed in Kurdistan for 4 years, taking 2 years off to travel and rest, spending time in Mexico, Germany, the United States, Russia, and finally returning to Egypt to open his own practice. However, in this time he was alerted of a new bacterial virus spreading across Europe and North America, with the epicenter being the Chernarus region of Russia. Ish flew to Russia the following week as a part of a relief group, but as the plane was flying over Chernarus the engines stalled, causing the plane full of volunteers to come plummeting to the ground. Most passengers died on impact, and the few that survived were too mangled to save; Ish, by the slightest luck, had been spared. Taking this as a sign from God, Ish vowed to try to help all those he encountered before blacking out at the site of the crash.

Steam profile URL:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/limayfuego17

Topic starter Posted : 07/07/2017 9:40 am
PFQ and Jeff the Pilot reacted
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Awesome bio and awesome application 😀 +1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2017 12:02 am
PFQ reacted
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Well he's my brother IRL so I can vouch for him, he's a chill dude and would make a great addition to the community. +1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2017 12:30 am
PFQ reacted
Jeff the Pilot
(@jeff-the-pilot)
Eminent Member Customer

Interesting background, and since Queen holds you in high regard, have a +1.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2017 1:20 am
PFQ reacted
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Very nice application, I love the backstory!:) Accepted 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2017 7:45 am
Share: